Bruce Weber - Photographer

Vogue Italia Sport Supplement January 2005
"Vintage Surf"
Models: Kelly Slater + surfers
Photos: Bruce Weber & Herbie Fletcher

my scans

Bruce Weber is truly iconic. his style is so particularly his that most photos that he takes are instantly recognizable as being taken by him. that's pretty awesome! i love his photography. i love how he shows the male body in such a straight-forward, honest, sensual way.

he's got an absolutely glorious editorial in the new Arena Hommes Plus magazine ... if anyone has it scanned or could scan it or knows where to find the pics, i would be forever indebted to yoU!

New York Magazine
November 1983

"Mentionables"

Diane Lane by Bruce Weber

books.google.com

"A Letter To True"
A Film Journal

Supplement to Vogue Italia Nov 2003

Models: Includes Kate Moss, James Franco, Viggo Mortensen, Marianne Faithful, Nina Simone, Sean Penn, Colin Farrell, Pamela Anderson, Ingmar Bergman and many, many more.

A selection of images:

scans by rox_yr_sox

THAT is just divine! wow.

i adore his style of photography. he manages to get so intimate and captures some sort of essence. *and i love dogs!* haha.

^ the whole supplement is dedicated to his dog, True and nearly all the pics have dogs in them. I just decided to scan some of the celeb images. The others images are normal americans going about their lives (with dogs!)

^ I own that supplement and I always loved it. Thank you for the scans rox!

^ the whole supplement is dedicated to his dog, True and nearly all the pics have dogs in them. I just decided to scan some of the celeb images. The others images are normal americans going about their lives (with dogs!)

he adores dogs so much, that's great! he seems a very kind human being and I love his work/style.

I just don't get why he's into Pamela Anderson :doh:

Vogue Italia November 2005
"Is It Better To Be Alone?"
Model: Freja Beha Erichsen, unknown male models
Stylist: Joe McKenna

scanned by kokobombon

"unknown male models"!?!?!?!?!?????????

well one of them is EUGEN BAUDER! and if you don't know him, oooooh child - you need to run on over to his thread and get enlightened! that man is a GOD!

^Thanks for the info. He looks a lot like actor Steven Strait :smile:

thecinemasource.com

^ thanks =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Arena Homme + Summer/Autumn 2009

colette.fr

Last edited by a moderator:
Vogue Italia December 2008

THE ART APPRENTICE
MODEL: Lara Stone
STYLING: Joe McKenna

scanned by mikel

oh they're all so beautiful.

i'm madly in love with that Arena Homme cover. CANNOT wait to get the issue!

thanks so much for all the pics, Marvystone! *karma!!*

Howard Rosenman mentions Bruce Weber in his article for LA Times:

In 1973, I met a handsome young model named Bruce Weber, and a friendship was forged over a mutual obsession with Elizabeth Taylor’s beauty. He went on to become one of the world’s greatest photographers. He has shot Elizabeth many, many times (and has become a great friend). In fact, he and I exchange rare pictures of Elizabeth for Christmas and our birthdays almost every year.

the whole read is here

Vogue (IT) September 2000
Lou
Photography by Bruce Weber
Lou Doillon

bwgreyscale / archive.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely