Celine Pre-Fall 2010

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
Phoebe Philo is showing a playful side in her new collection.

celine01.jpg
celine02.jpg
celine03.jpg
celine04.jpg
celine05.jpg
celine06.jpg
celine07.jpg
celine08.jpg
celine09.jpg
celine10.jpg
celine11.jpg
celine12.jpg
celine13.jpg
celine14.jpg
celine15.jpg

wwd

I am DYING over that black long sleeved mini-shift with those red tights and shoes. I haven't the slightest idea why, though.

This is kind of out of left field though. Phoebe's first two presentations were so sharp and spare, but more than that they were incredibly focused. This really isn't. There are some great pieces, both basic and fun, but I don't get that same clarity that I got from her first two efforts.

i agree. the kind of pristine coherence that spring achieved so well, this lacks. although there are still some stand outs, particularly looks 7 and 10 for me. I love the proportions of look 7 -- the calf-length coat and high-waisted trouser.

There are some really stunning outfits in here , like those high waist pants and coats and some of the dresses. Phoebes resort and pre fall are more varied and experimental, where as her main spring and fall collections will be sharply focused. The first 4 looks are clumsy but one thing is for sure the woman KNOWS how to cut a super cool pant.

hmmm not taken by this at all but again - pre collection are stupid idea for me anyway - just searching for new market, pure bussines no art and all. This collection is not very good imo but i do love 10th look - leather long cape is wonderfull.

I'm loving the Marabou looks with the splashes of paint but the rest looks like a complete and utter mess. To me it seems she is trying to achieve too much in this collection. Her first two collections were very to the point, and very concise, which was phenomenal.

This however is all over the place. Seriously, this is giving me a headache! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for Phoebe exploring new territory for the Celine aesthetic, but I hope she doesn't go all out for her Fall 2010 show.

The first three looks are gorgeous, not so sure on the rest. Especially the coordinating of the shoes.

Lovng the first 2 feather looks and the brown leather cape is amazing not too excited by the rest though, I agree it doesnt seem cohesive

i love what phoebe is doing with fur and it's amazing how quickly she's established a vocabulary -- especially with regard to silhouette and palette -- for the new house of celine. i'm still not bowled over by the bags yet and i know those bags used to be a cash cow for the house of celine.

i love what phoebe is doing with fur and it's amazing how quickly she's established a vocabulary -- especially with regard to silhouette and palette -- for the new house of celine. i'm still not bowled over by the bags yet and i know those bags used to be a cash cow for the house of celine.

Completely agree

There are some really stunning outfits in here , like those high waist pants and coats and some of the dresses. Phoebes resort and pre fall are more varied and experimental, where as her main spring and fall collections will be sharply focused. The first 4 looks are clumsy but one thing is for sure the woman KNOWS how to cut a super cool pant.

Completely agree with the pants being somewhat the solid, reliable go-to signature for the new Celine under Phoebe's reign - I'm really liking the emphasize on a higher/normal waist line, after having been knocked out by the vulgarity of Balmain's ultra low-rise, spray on skinnies :sick:

Here's also hoping that the shoes might be an improvement over what we've seen for pre and main collection, I wasn't too big of a fan of the chunky clogs she had in the show - these ones look a lot more streamlined and chic!

I love it! :woot: I love Phoebe's work with fur (looks № 2 and 4 are lovely!), the second row looks are my favs, however I am not feeling looks № 10 and 15. For a pre-collection I think it's very decent, I can't wait to see what she comes with for fall/winter

It just looks very well done and put together. The clothes have an attitude of their own.

That feathery dress looks great when paired with tights and platforms. That coat on the first row, 6th from the left looks pretty fantastic too.

I simply adore Philo's use of fur. In fact, this pre-fall season, a lot of designers (Alber Elbaz at Lanvin, Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton) are using fur in new, innovative ways. I am also a fan of the super-elegant high-waisted, full-length pants and the brightly hued suede pumps, which I think are just so much fun and can liven up any outfit. After her neutral-heavy Spring collection, it is nice to see Philo use a bit of color, and she does it so well! And, of course, her very straight, razor-sharp silhouettes are so forward-thinking, designers are already starting to copy her!

Last edited by a moderator:
It starts with "..what the hell is this.." then gets a bit better.. A few Wanted pieces but quite a few not... shocked.. :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->