Chanel Cruise 2025 Marseille

How does Virginie Viard still have a job. This is a performance based position in which you are judged on your ouput and every collection is seemingly worse than the last. The entire brand direction under her leadership has become tepid, uninspired, dowdy. They're clothes for wealthy old ladies with no taste. Nothing about it is inspired or aspirational. Not even the set design is elevated anymore. How do you make a Le Corbusier designed building look like a Westfield carpark. It's all miserable.

How does Virginie Viard still have a job. This is a performance based position in which you are judged on your ouput and every collection is seemingly worse than the last. The entire brand direction under her leadership has become tepid, uninspired, dowdy. They're clothes for wealthy old ladies with no taste. Nothing about it is inspired or aspirational. Not even the set design is elevated anymore. How do you make a Le Corbusier designed building look like a Westfield carpark. It's all miserable.
Because allegedly it sells really well :(

This is awful and depressing.

Next level tragic. It has to be difficult to come up with something as bad as this, not even on purpose, not even trying. The clothes are so ill-fitting. This beautiful creatures look bad on them, I can’t imagine a 50 year old woman with a normal body.

It’s crazy to see where Chanel is at the moment. I really think they need to change the CD asap or they will suffer in the future.

Sadly this type of designs sells well. Chanel is doing very well.

Also, the Instagram posts? Zero consistency. Many different photographers, no clear direction, no clear image… I just can’t even say what her Chanel is all about. Just frumpy ill-fitting clothes. But I couldn’t even come up with a quote defining the image of her tenure.

It's really a talent to produce something so frumpy and ill fitting while having access to the best atelier in the world. She is the worst when it it comes to proportions. There is either something really wrong with her eyes or they are doing fittings on a lady in her late 70s.
Whatever, we all know their clients are going to eat this up.

Thats a le corbusier building. It really does look like a soviet era swimming pool complex…tho im not a Le Corbu boy. Never have been.

Last edited:
The comments in the post of stylenotcom🤣 I didn’t know normal people also hated the “new” Chanel

I just wanna talk about how uninspired Virginie is. Like we had MAN and now Marseilles … there is so much to do with Marseilles. I was expecting VV to have a conversation with the place theyre presenting.

Overall its not a bad collection. One of her betters. Some reallly great items here like the embroidered mesh jacket with hideous balloon skirt.

I say it every time, but everything looks so HEAVY. How did Karl get everything (well... most things) to look so LIGHT?
and the makeup, even in his dumbest numbers (and he did plenty of those), always flattered and elevated his models, they all look at their prettiest when walking for Chanel.

The girls here look almost haggard and like they all did their own makeup watching the same tutorial. The braids are also 100% a last-minute thought after seeing how windy it was going to be, probably done by the models themselves too lol.

I won't even comment on the clothes, there's nothing to rescue, but the overall image is an extreme opposite of the opulence Chanel is known for and just the premise of a conservative and old luxury brand, it always looked expensive under Karl, even the t-shirts... this just screams poverty, I mean, this? and this? forget the sundress, the little black dress, this gives a new meaning to the little sad dress, it's not giving south of France, more like hanging out by a contaminated lake at 19 degrees somewhere in the Urals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Syailendra Aditya
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->