Chanel S/S 2016 : Lineisy Montero & Mica Arganaraz by Karl Lagerfeld

The show is about the airline, but i have not seen that kind of vibes so far. It looks like the Part.2 of what Cara and binx did in 2015 FW. I want more pictures.

I'm happy for Lineisy, but Mica really? i don't get her hype, we can never seen her face with that hair.

Chanel Spring/Summer 2016 Ad Campaign
Models: Lineisy Montero and Mica Arganaraz
Ph: Karl Lagerfeld
Fashion Editor: Carine Roitfeld

wearesodroee.com

Karl has become a follower instead of a leader. The collections are becoming a joke, I feel like i've seen this campaign so many times already and the cast... both girls are Prada rejects. I doubt Karl would support these girls like he did with Daria, Freja, Heidi or Saskia. He hasn't produced a star model recently and he probably never will again cause he keeps casting flavours of the moment like Lineisy.

Living for those HQ's, NY streets always make for a great set, great atmosphere, and an even better dynamic between Lineisy n Mica, long live uncle Karl!

Karl has become a follower instead of a leader. The collections are becoming a joke, I feel like i've seen this campaign so many times already and the cast... both girls are Prada rejects. I doubt Karl would support these girls like he did with Daria, Freja, Heidi or Saskia. He hasn't produced a star model recently and he probably never will again cause he keeps casting flavours of the moment like Lineisy.

I think he should stop working with Carine....

I like the ad but i'm sorry, the styling is really horrible. I like the quality of the photos and the whole attitude but the styling is a complete mess!

Bring back Alex White or even Giovanna Battaglia or someone from the VP team.
I like Carine but she can't do anything at Chanel.

The worst thing about it is that she had choices! Almost 100 outfits!!!!!!

When it comes to models, he's been a bit of a "follower" for awhile though, right? Pretty much all the girls you named were officially launched by (and pretty visibly tied to) other houses/stylists. Most of the recent girls he's taken to were from Carine, a lot of which Carine had gotten after Riccardo "discovered" them. But I guess that just adds to the sense of privilege where you have to sort of prove your worth and "establish" yourself before he takes a chance on you.

Why are they holding hands? So cheesy.

BTW, no Lineisy fan here, but she looks awesome in this campaign. She has some presence. Mica... I could do without her.

And totally agree with anlabe32, his model choices have been really weird since Carine is the stylist. There used to be Chanel girls, it was prestigious to be in Chanel ads... Right now they are the flavour of the moment. There's no depth/obsession in his choices. The good thing is that if we don't like the stars of the campaign, we know next season we'll have different girls... At least no more Lindsey Wixon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
Carine's choices have been quite weird...
I feel like Karl & Tom gave her too much power. We can say whatever we wants about Karl's campaigns at Fendi but at least, his casts are always genuine: It has always been about his favorite girl, for more than one season.

What you said about the lack of depth is so true. I really feel like he like girls like Lindsey, Saskia and Joan.
But there are a lot of random names since Carine's arrival: Sasha Luss, Ondria, Yumi, Binx, Dalianah, Cora Emmanuel, Kati, Daria S, Ashleigh, Stella Lucia, Kitty Hayes, Charlotte F, Nadja, Aymeline... Even Gisele is random IMO (we all know it wasn't genuine and was just done to capture the attention of the N5 ad).

Carine should stop working for Chanel. 5 years and only 3 great campaigns: FW2011, SS2012 and SS2013 but above all, the worst Chanel campaigns ever: FW2012, FW2013.

The eyewear campaigns and his special celebrities campaigns were more prestigious than that.

^^
I really feel like he like girls like Lindsey, Saskia and Joan.
But there are a lot of random names since Carine's arrival: Sasha Luss, Ondria, Yumi, Binx, Dalianah, Cora Emmanuel, Kati, Daria S, Ashleigh, Stella Lucia, Kitty Hayes, Charlotte F, Nadja, Aymeline...

He really likes Nadja (still walking, Fendi campaign), Kati (both Chanel and Fendi), Ashleigh (same), and Aymeline (attending his shows) as well though. It's just that the rest of the industry stopped supporting them and they were no longer interesting.

But I agree that there should be another stylist. In fact, I didn't want to say this out loud but I am going to do it: Karl should retire. Nothing he does is relevant anymore.

But I agree that there should be another stylist. In fact, I didn't want to say this out loud but I am going to do it: Karl should retire. Nothing he does is relevant anymore.

His contract is for life so no retirement for Karlito until he dies.

How many campaigns and editorials have we seen by now that put super expensive clothes and eccentric styling against rough neighborhoods?

Maybe it would have been just as cliche, but I wanted to see a full airline fantasy.

I agree in every single word. I'd love to see the ad in a location like this, something modern.

yQMYeqEQ.jpg

KcR1RO2a.jpg

silvaaedes.com | panynj.gov

Wow what a nice Vogue Paris editorial!

This was by Carine no? But somehow it feels Emmanuelle?

I'd prefer a different set of girls, and it would be more interesting if they were hitchhiking...or in pan am era airport, or just doing airport stuff at a modern airport, or posing with airplanes

is this location the same as Moschino with Katy Perry ?

Do Chanel women even go to those places Zzzzzzzz

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->