Grey Hair

CelineChic

Reaction score
My mother is worried because she is starting to get grey hair. It is rather noticeable because she has black hair.

She's never coloured her hair in her life and is now thinking about covering up the grey. I have a problem with this because she looks absolutely wonderful with grey hair. Hard to explain but she looks even more glamorous than she did before. She’s always been beautiful but the grey hair even adds to her beauty. I think it looks great.

DO you all find that grey hair adds a sort of aura of sophistication?

yes and no..it really depends on the person..to some it adds sophistication and signals an acceptance of self and to others its looks drape, mousy and grandmumsy.

i agree with Hanne - it totally depends on the person. an older lady with a perfect grey bob hairdo can look so amazing. equally some grey haired men can look excellent.

I think it depends on whether you age well or not...

If its taken care of, trimmed, conditioned I think it can look just as good as any hair colour.

What I can't stand is when little old ladies get those rinse's - I think they look terrible :doh:

whats wrong with a blue rinse - I have one but then I am really old!!!! I even remember the 80's.....

I think that it also depends on the color of grey. Some ladies/men look wonderful with a silver color hair. I personally do not like the dull grey color on people, but silver can be glamorous/distinguished.

Hers is a very nice grey/silver.

I'm going to make sure that she doesn't touch it :ninja:

helena said:
whats wrong with a blue rinse - I have one but then I am really old!!!! I even remember the 80's.....

I'm sorry! :lol:

I'm sure yours is classy though :wink:

my 28 year old boyfriend has a ton of grey hair
he used to dye it out but i convinced him not to
it's hugely cute!

A lot of times I think it can be frumpy, but other times I think it can look really sophisticated. Some people can pull it off and some can't. Older model, Carmen, looks amazing with grey hair...
cd62_m.jpg

^^^^ WOW! Shes a beautiful lady! Great pic... :smile:
I have a professor that has short gray hair (shes prob in her mid 50's) and i think she is one of the most beautiful women i have ever seen in my life. she has this sophistication about her...its hard to explain. some men def can pull it off....Richard Gere, and Tom Cruise in "Collateral" OMG! They r GORGEOUS!!!

Is Grey Hair Great? Yay or Nay

Grey Hair : yay or nay?

my mums had grey hair since she was about 18 and she always gets lots of commments on how good it looks or lots of stares which she presumes are bad....

but what do you think about grey hair? do you think is it chic and fashionable or do you think it resemble old age, and do you think you should cover it with dying your hair?? :unsure:

I love grey hair! I truly hope when I get older that I have a full head of beautiful silver/grey hair. :heart:

I agree. I think it looks fantastic. Especially when it's at that stage where it looks peppery... mixed within your natural color.
I think what makes it chic is not dying over it, and looking confident and graceful with your growing years.

I like it on other people, but not on me :ninja:

Makes no sense, I know :lol: I'm prematurely gray and I cover it. I have no idea what it would look like now since I've been coloring it for 9 years, but I know there's a lot of it! I think I'm vain :blush:

i simply slave for grey hair on guys/men...

been thinking colouring my hair grey for such a long time now.. maybe one day

Hipkitten said:
I love grey hair! I truly hope when I get older that I have a full head of beautiful silver/grey hair. :heart:
ditto... :flower:

Sloans husband is 29 and 75% of his hair is grey. He wears business suits every day and looks so distinguished and handsome. My father had the most beautiful white/silver hair I have ever seen. I hope when mine turns all grey,it is that color.

The front part of my hair is mostly grey(I color it..no kidding) but the back part of it is still dark. If I didn't color it I would look like a penguin. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->