Hair Stylist preferences

Jaim45

Reaction score
Is your stylist a man or a women? I have always gone to women and I want to try a man (preferably gay) :wink:

Is there a big difference do you think?

i think that is too broad of a statement.... each stylist should be judged on his or her technique, experience or if you just like them and like what they do to your hair period... i dont think you can say male, female, gay or straight has much to do with their talent.... like saying i want a doctor but do you think a gay female doctor is the way to go... you want a good doctor regardless - you know ???????

i think a good way to go about it is talk to friends and coworkers whose hair you like and see who they go to... works for me.

I agree with Lele.

I don't think it matters if they are gay or straight, male or female.

My bestfriend introduced me to her hairstylist because mine moved away and I'm so happy!!! This stylist is the ONLY person I trust with my head.

If I have a formal occassion to go to and I need my hair to be done, I make my appointment. When I get there she doesn't even have to ask what I want done, she asks what I am wearing and from there she makes a masterpeice out of my hair!

I know I'll never leave her salon unhappy!

Just shop around for a good stylist. Ask to see pictures of things they have done or just go to one of your friends stylists if you see they have a hairdo you really like.

well usually i dont like my hair being cut as im growing it so i only like about 1mm taken off to keep the ends in condition

but tomorrow im going to have it done by a gay guy from vidal sassoon

Originally posted by Acid@Nov 20th, 2003 - 2:25 pm
uuu...

I cut my own hair, and when I cant, I call Oribe and he comes to the dorms and do my hair :lol: :lol:

ale........im having it coloured for an important party next week

plus i get it done for free :wink:

i so agree with lele and greekchick.
still, from my personal experience, men cut better than girls :ninja:
girls colour better than guys, etc etc :ninja:

from my personal experience, men cut better than girls

Thanks, thats all I was looking for. Obviously every stylist is different but I just wanted to know what everyones personal opinion was. :unsure:

i did not mean to come off rude... Jaim45
my personal experience has varied from stylist to stylist... and my worst experience came from a guy... i have always had long hair and he told me you need to cut this and I said i only want 3 inchces off and he CHOPPPPPPED me... I was so upset... he was so arrogant and i cannot stand that.... i just found someone new because i asked a good friend whose hair i love who she went to and i went to her and i loved what she did to my hair.... so that is why i said what i did.... :smile:

I really have no preference, but currently I go to a female.

She's gorgeous herself, has an insane style, and is unique.

'nuff for me :D

my mom's ahairstylist and i would never trust no1 else with it cuz i never got it done by anybody else and it's very long

Originally posted by Honey@Nov 20th, 2003 - 4:36 pm
I really have no preference, but currently I go to a female.

She's gorgeous herself, has an insane style, and is unique.

'nuff for me :D
Honey,

Thats the same thing I say about my stylist. She is young and hip, always has amazing hair. I know I can go sit in her chair, close my eyes, and walk out of there loving my hair!!!!!

I've been through so many stylist it isn't even funny. One lady chemically straightened my hair and I looked like a mop because she used too much chemicals so she had to cut my hair SHORT!!! :shock:

I had one stylist that I was indifferent about. She pissed me off once with the Matrix Redlights. My hair was extremely dark at the time and I told her I wanted DRAMATIC redlights. Not the ones that only show up if your head is under direct sunlight at a 45 degree angle. So she put in some highlights and I couldn't see them at all, in fact no one could. I had to come back the next day to do what I WANTED!!!!!! She told me that she was unsure if I knew what I wanted :shock: I came in with a picture and specifically said dramatic...yes I exhibit signs of unsureness!

Anyway, Jami45 (i think) the best thing to do is go to a friend's stylist if you see they have a cut or style you really like. I personally have never had my hair done by a man before. Maybe I'll look into it...but I'm very pleased with my young hip stylist!

Originally posted by Alejandro+Nov 20th, 2003 - 2:39 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Nov 20th, 2003 - 2:39 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Acid@Nov 20th, 2003 - 2:25 pm
uuu...

I cut my own hair, and when I cant, I call Oribe and he comes to the dorms and do my hair :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah ok, Alex! Mmmmmm Hmmmmm

But anyways... I go to a guy, who is straight. Personally I dont think it matters. What matters is that you have seen that person's work and liked the results. Thats how I found my guy. I work in a Spa with over 30 stylists and when I first started inquiring, everyone gave me a different name. Then one day, one of my clients (who happened to be his sister in law) sat in my chair and her hilights were EXACTLY what I was looking for and my search was over....

MEN ONLY and preferably GIGI :P

for extensions work, girls because of their finer hands :wink:

Looking back, I think all the hairdressers I've been to have been men with one exception. I prefer a male stylist. Perhaps it's just what I'm comfortable with. I love having a man wash my hair. :wink:

My hairstylist is a woman and she is awesome. The important thing to note is if they get continuing education... Like my stylist go to new york at least 2x a year for training on the latest hairstyling techniques....

my worst haircut was from a woman,

but my favourite stylist is also a woman, altough shes just had a baby so wont be doing my hair.
as i do quite a bit of modeling for my salon, i get most of the art directors cutting and colouring my hair and have been with them so long that they know me well enough to know what i like. i just mentin a few ideas and they tailor me a cut that will work, and turn heads of course

Originally posted by Alejandro+Nov 20th, 2003 - 12:39 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alejandro @ Nov 20th, 2003 - 12:39 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Acid@Nov 20th, 2003 - 2:25 pm
uuu...

I cut my own hair, and when I cant, I call Oribe and he comes to the dorms and do my hair :lol: :lol: [/b][/quote]
Alejandro, tell him to come by my house when he's done and before he goes to Ms. Lopez' house.. :lol:

I personally go to a guy...and yes he is gay.... but I think it has to do with thier education....like do they do continuing education....do they do competitons to keep thier juices flowing, are they associated with a hair care company? Alot of things go into it not if they are a guy or a girl or gay or straight

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->