Interview April 2015 : Sia by Gregory Harris

this is not the best interview edition...the german one is alway much more inspired

Sia by Gregory Harris

source:interviewmagazine.com

Last edited by a moderator:
lol alexander wang's hideous fall shoes ALREADY? other than that, i really love sia's ed

The 4th shot couldve been a spectacular cover!

Harris´ work looks like Klein´s imo... I think that Steven would have done a better job, I do like her editorial though.

I wanted to complain about Julia Nobis getting the only OG edit in this issue, but those previews...:wub: I need to get my issue!!

Can Interview please explain to me why on earth they chose Kristen Wiig for the interview? Because she's 'writer'? It's such a random decision, that's like asking Jennifer Aniston to do conduct the interview. I don't really associate her with anything avant-garde, that's a slap in the face for Sia. Luckily her editorial is way better than the cover, love the hair.

I wanted to complain about Julia Nobis getting the only OG edit in this issue, but those previews...:wub: I need to get my issue!!

Can Interview please explain to me why on earth they chose Kristen Wiig for the interview? Because she's 'writer'? It's such a random decision, that's like asking Jennifer Aniston to do conduct the interview. I don't really associate her with anything avant-garde, that's a slap in the face for Sia. Luckily her editorial is way better than the cover, love the hair.
A slap in the face for Sia? Avant-garde? Since when do you have to be associated with anything avant-garde to interview Sia for a magazine? Since when is Sia avant-garde?

It makes perfect sense that Kristen Wigg interviews Sia. Just look Sia's Grammy 2015 performance.

A slap in the face for Sia? Avant-garde? Since when do you have to be associated with anything avant-garde to interview Sia for a magazine? Since when is Sia avant-garde?

It makes perfect sense that Kristen Wigg interviews Sia. Just look Sia's Grammy 2015 performance.

To each their own!! I don't think Kristen was the right person the conduct this interview.

isn't Interview's style to have celebrities interviewing celebrities? or is that W? anyway, it makes sense to have Kristen interviewing her after the Grammys.

isn't Interview's style to have celebrities interviewing celebrities? or is that W? anyway, it makes sense to have Kristen interviewing her after the Grammys.
Yes! That's totally Interview's thing.

I think Sia has a beautiful face. If she chooses to present herself in a such a conceptual manner, that's her choice-- and I don't mind her gimmick-- and it is a gimmick, no matter how thoughtful or personal it may be. Every pop star's got a gimmick.

This cover could have been very strong, even going with the hidden-face concept. But the result looks so muddled, like a watercolor that's too runny. The gradient is the main culprit for the weak image, I think: I wish they'd retire that tired style already. A weak American Interview cover is still kind of amazing compared to the other publications next to it. But that edit is just stunning. Yes, very Klein, but still well-executed and fun, dynamic, graphic and very Sia. (I think Sia is hardly avant-garde: She's the darling of middle-America and her song/video Chandelier, along with her co-star Maddy is the fav of 12-year-olds everywhere. Just check out how much they adore her on Youtube. She's the quirky and lovable theatre-student that little girls who take afterschool dance classes can relate to. And Interview's able to translate that quirkiness with their signature brand of sophistication so well here. I'm not a fan of Sia and Kristen, but this presentation does make me curious to read the interview.)

And Chloe... Chloe just gets better, harder, more playful and just outright sexier every time I see her in a magazine.

^Really? I've seen her face a couple of time :huh:

I've seen her face because I've googled her to see what she looks like, but anytime she's done a live performance over the past year (late night shows, Grammys, etc), walked the red carpet, and in all promotional material such as interviews and this magazine, she is either played by a stand-in (that little girl in her music videos, Lena Dunham or Kristen Wiig in live performances, etc.) or facing away from the cameras so her face is hidden. Her hiding herself is absolutely a big gimmick for her and has been for a year or more now. She said in an interview it's so she can have anonymity and talks about how terrible it is to be famous, but what I don't get it why she would be on the cover of Interview if she doesn't want to be famous. I don't imagine this feature it going to sell loads more music for her. It's just... absurd. I have my own theory about the real reason she's doing it, but I guess that's unimportant. Bottom line, it's getting really annoying and I wont be buying this issue.

Broken Down
Photographer:
Craig McDean
Stylist: Karl Templer
Model: Julia Nobis
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo
Hair: Eugene Souleiman

*dnamodels.com

One for All
Photographer:
Josh Olins
Stylist: Ludivine Poiblanc
Models: Sophia Ahrens, Marland Backus, Emilie Evander, Ryan Keating, Aamito Lagum, Roan Louch, Briar Montana, Steph Smith, Michael Sutton & Tina Veshaguri
Make-Up: Sally Branka
Hair: Esther Langham

*interviewmagazine.com

Wow "One for all" is really cool, I like the androgynious aesthetic it conveys.

Excellent photography from Josh Olins as usual. The styling in particular is just as impressive. My only complaint is the androgyny - I seriously could not tell who's who between the guys and the girls.

McDean's edit with Julia Nobis is the highlight of this issue for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweerechtvier
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->