Is Athleisure Sticking Around?

BethPemb

Reaction score
This trend seems to have been absolutely everywhere for the last few seasons, but I think can't get on board with it! Does anyone else here like this trend? How do you balance it?

I'm writing a piece at Uni about it atm and as much as I try and fall for the relaxed vibe of it, I don;t think I can ever justify wearing sweatpants on a night out :blink:

This trend seems to have been absolutely everywhere for the last few seasons, but I think can't get on board with it! Does anyone else here like this trend? How do you balance it?

I'm writing a piece at Uni about it atm and as much as I try and fall for the relaxed vibe of it, I don;t think I can ever justify wearing sweatpants on a night out :blink:

This doesn't seem to be getting much traction - so I guess I've answered my own question! Haha. I personal like looks like this :

crop-top-black.jpg

Source : BOY London

But I probably will keep it for my more laid back, dressed down days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it, 1) i can build up my sneaker collection and not only wear sneakers to the office. 2) it makes my wardrobe more versatile.

I like it. It's very versatile, and if done correctly it's easy to build a chic, comfortable outfit up from your basic wardrobe. I'll ever approve of sweatpants as anything but 'home clothes', but I'd take the option of pulling on a plain t- shirt, a hoodie or some trainers over super skinny jeans and sheer blouses any day.

The athleisure trend will continue to grow and in a more diverse form due to rise in wearable tech. As you are willing to write for your university, a quick tips are connecting the wearables with athleisure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LiliesAreLovely
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->