Kerastase

I bought the Bain Satin 2 and Masquintense and I love them both.
But I don't have fantastically shiny hair and I'm wondering whether the Fluide Chroma Riche would be absolutely useless on someone that doesn't have coloured hair?

^ i used to use chroma riche when back in the day when i coloured my hair more often (i am natural blonde but back in the days i bleached, toned and highlighted my hair a lot more). nowadays my hair has it's natural colour, but my mum has the chroma riche masque at home, so i used it yesterday when i visited my parents. and daaamn, my hair is übershiny right now!!

I bought their Masquintense (sp?) treatment today, can't wait to try it. I hope it's as good as everyone says (and I wish the price weren't so high!)

I wanna try serum oleo-relax for my frizzy hair but I dont want my hair to get straightened.I am happy with my wavy hair. what do you guys suggest?

I wanna try serum oleo-relax for my frizzy hair but I dont want my hair to get straightened.I am happy with my wavy hair. what do you guys suggest?

it doesnt straighten my hair, it just makes it super soft.

I've been using Kerastase for years now, it is pretty much the only brand that helps my poor hair through weekly straightening (I have soft curls which i blow dry straight once or twice a week).

Although fine, my hair is super frizzy, made even more so by the heat styling, so the nutrition range (orange packaging) for sensitized hair works best for me. The difference if i dont use it for a while is remarkable.
I currently use the masque intense (might have spelt this incorrectly!) and the anti frizz serum before drying. Nothing else has ever given my hair such a well needed boost.

Has someone tried Chronologiste? Is it worth it?

I like Bain Age Recharge Shamp for my baby fine hair (the green one). It leaves my scalp nice and clean w/o stripping all the oils from the hair itself. Seems to add body too and gives Übershine. I do add 10 ml of bergamot oil to decrease shedding and this seems to help too. Smells nice as well!

I have been using Kerastase for years, but I am a bit more partial to the conditioners. If I have color in my hair though, it tends to strip the color more quickly for some reason though.

The sulfates in the shampoos combined with the liposomes cause the detergents to penetrate too deeply into my hair over time, causing dryness.

Sulfates are the reason I stopped using their shampoos. They work wonders at first but the longer you use them the more damage than good they'll do.

^ But it's extremely difficult to find a really good shampoo / conditioner / treatment brand that not uses sulfates in their products... which one are you using now then?... I know there are some 100% natural shampoos you can buy in macrobiotic stores, but most of them are pretty bad.

Does someone know of any professional natural brand?

Last edited by a moderator:
^Right now I'm using "Some like it hot" by Tigi. I'm very satisfied with the results. Another brand I like is Lollia, their shampoos have the most delicious smell.

I think the "problem" is that most people expect their shampoo to lather well and with some sulfate-free shampoos thats just not the case. But than what does a good lather have to do with cleansing and care? Sulfates are added to make a shampoo lather simply because the customer is used to it, there is no other use to them. Just like sugar is added to ketchup with the sole intend to make it taste like you'd expect it to. To cut a long story short: both are pointless or adverse for the good things the actual product might do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I see, just visited their websites and they seem like really good brands. Too bad they're not avaiable in my country.

I stopped using Kerastase shampoo because of the sulfates. Too bad, the shampoos are great, but my scalp couldn't take it. Ole Henriksen makes a very good sulfate-free shampoo - it lathers really well.

My fave Kerastase product must be the Ciment Thermique. Nothing else can keep my hair detangled and soft and bouncy :wub:

Really strange because Kerastase shampoos with all their sulphates are really gentle to my scalp (even fixed some issues) and hair and is among the few brands that doesn't clog up drain with hair. I get like 10 hairs in the drain, which is like a miracle to me since sulphate-free brands like Leonor Greyl or Louise Galvin make me feel like I'm suffering from male pattern baldness and irritate my scalp after a couple weeks, and they make hair look like tangled mess, I need tons of conditioner afterwards to fix that.
I've been on all-Kerastase hair 'diet' for a bit more than 1/2 year now with no side effects. I did try a bit Paul Mitchell and Lazartigue but they sucked and I went back to Kerastase after a couple uses.
Is probably all down to formula, not a single ingredient, and Kerastase chemists have done a really good job, Imho. :heart:

My fave Kerastase product must be the Ciment Thermique. Nothing else can keep my hair detangled and soft and bouncy :wub:

this sounds really good^_^ does it make your hair shiny?B) and how do you use it? I think I'll order this product. If Ida likes something I always want it:D

this sounds really good^_^ does it make your hair shiny?B) and how do you use it? I think I'll order this product. If Ida likes something I always want it:D
I put it in wet hair and then I blow dry the crap out of it. It needs heat to activate. It doesn't weigh my hair down and I do think it adds some shine, but mostly it's way more manageable (softer, no fly-aways and so on)

It smells rather funny though :ninja:

So tempted to try the Moroccanoil-esque this brand has released! Hope it'll work with air-drying frizzy wavy/curly hair! So far nothing really has without weighing my hair down or making it all crunchy and nasty.

The Secret to Kate Middleton's Shiny Hair

4a262270dbdd.jpg

As a huge fan of the brand, Kate loves deep conditioning and nourishing her hair with Kérastase In-Salon Rituals. To keep her hair glossy and lustrous, she washes and conditions with Kérastase Bain Satin 1, Kérastase Lait Vital and Kérastase Nectar Thermique. Want to know the secret behind her volume? Kérastase Spray Volumactive and Mousse Volumactive, two of her favorite volumizers.
beautylish

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suchitha
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->