Moroccan Oil - Argan Tree Oil

omg i absolutely LOVE argan oil! :heart: it's the bestest thing i've discovered for my crazy bleached, dry and damaged frizzy hair :wacko: the one i use is by "one n only" and it's available in salons. i'm not sure how much they charge but i buy mine from the beauty supply store for $10. the smell is amazing and it's so much better than "the original" morrocan oil that sells for $35-$40 :innocent:

AOIL3C-2.jpg

source:flatironexperts.com

Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme

I have curly hair, so I use the following in conjunction with the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme.
DevaCurl No-poo once a week to shampoo my hair, then I use DevaCurl One Condition every 2 days when I wet my hair for a conditioner wash.I comb it out when it's full of conditioner with a wide tooth comb then I rinse out all of the conditioner with cold water.

When I get out of the shower I DO NOT ring my hair out. It has to be sopping wet. I'll then divide my hair into 3 sections and work about 3 quarter sized pumps of the Moroccan Oil Intense Curl Creme into each section with my fingers. Then I use a towel to sop up any excess water and let my hair air dry to look like the first picture, or I mess with it when it's dry to look like the second picture.

I've used tons of different products, from KMS to Cantu but nothing works better than Moroccan Oil! It makes my hair feel healthy and nourished but not oily. It's not crunchy and it has an excellent flexible hold because my curls spring back when pulled. The bottle lasts me about 2-3 months.

Attachments

• make-up test.jpg
    make-up test.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 1
  • fluffy hair.jpg
    fluffy hair.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1
I know all about the chemistry of hair and products, I've been working on them for a while. I have to be honest with all of you the MoroccanOil brand (the brown bottle with the bluish aqua writing and accents) is a real bunch of crap! I hope you all realize that it is basically L'Oreal's (yes, they own it) way of competing with Farouk Chi's Biosilk. Try reading the ingredients of MorrocanOil and you'll see that it is essentially only silicones :yuk: with a very small amount of argan oil and some olive oil and water to dilute it. Real argan oil is super expensive and is currently under protection by UNESCO. If you can afford the real stuff, it's amazing or else you can always use fractionated coconut oil or if your hair can handle it - ricebran oil. They are much more natural and safer alternatives. There is practically no Argan oil in MoroccanOil. The only reason why it's everywhere is because L'Oreal shells out the bigbucks to have it promoted and marketed just about anywhere. There are much more quality-oriented products on the market for the same price. Do your research and get smart people.

^It works brilliantly for me so maybe I need the chemicals.

About the virgin olive oil treatment - A friend did it and it's really good if you have severely damaged hair. It doesn't magically fix it but doing the treatment a few times will improve it greatly.

Just so you all realize,

There are two different things here so maybe we could clarify. The brand "Moroccan Oil" is a mix of the oil and also some silicones.

Then there is 100% pure oil to use for consumption, skin, hair, etc.

I use the pure oil on my skin and love how light it is and absorbs right in. I also have the oil and silicone mixture for my hair that's quite nice, and sometimes use the pure oil on my hair as a treatment.

The problem with the Argan oil is the find it 100% pure!! Many company claims that their Argan are pure but unfortunately they are mixed with different oil or silicon as Argan oil is as expensive as GOLD!
I have been using Argan from wildwoodgroves, Loved it! but find it too expensive as I cant afford to buy 100ml every month! They are very expensive but worth it, then I found a seller on Ebay who's Argan is has good as wildwoodgroves but MUCH MUCH cheaper and gave the same result ! I have ordered an other 3 for my mum and I will let you how it goes for her !
Thank you for letting me post !
arganbottle.th.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Yeah, 100% pure argan oil is very expensive. Currently, I'm using an argan oil mix by One 'n Only, and even though it isn't 100% pure, I still like it. I just started using it a couple weeks ago, and my hair is so soft. I bought two at ULTA because they were having a a buy one, get one half off promotion, and paid about 19 dollars for the two bottles.

After my moroccoan oil and one n only argan oil is finished, I'll buy the 100% argan oil and hold a comparison.

I have a big bottle of the Moroccanoil brand kind of oil that is almost empty. I find it hard to use leave-in conditioner style after I wash my hair since my hair is very fine and straight so if I have a fraction of a mililiter too much on my hands, it gets too heavy and greasy. But I LOVE it to use as a mask before washing. I have terrible split ends b/c I don't get my hair cut as often as I should, but this helps me in between hair appointments. I just slather it on, comb it through, and bun my hair for a good 30-60 minutes before showering maybe once a week.

My question is: Can I use pure olive oil from the kitchen in the same way? Just slather on 2 or 3 generous dime-sized drops, comb it through, and leave it as a mask once a week before washing?

I am only asking because olive oil is cheaper. Even the good cold-pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil would be cheaper than the Moroccanoil ounce for ounce. Plus it wouldn't contain any of those silicones or other chemicals that apparently the hair product contains. What do you think? Any experience or expert advice is much appreciated. TIA.:flower:

I have a big bottle of the Moroccanoil brand kind of oil that is almost empty. I find it hard to use leave-in conditioner style after I wash my hair since my hair is very fine and straight so if I have a fraction of a mililiter too much on my hands, it gets too heavy and greasy. But I LOVE it to use as a mask before washing. I have terrible split ends b/c I don't get my hair cut as often as I should, but this helps me in between hair appointments. I just slather it on, comb it through, and bun my hair for a good 30-60 minutes before showering maybe once a week.

My question is: Can I use pure olive oil from the kitchen in the same way? Just slather on 2 or 3 generous dime-sized drops, comb it through, and leave it as a mask once a week before washing?

I am only asking because olive oil is cheaper. Even the good cold-pressed, extra virgin organic olive oil would be cheaper than the Moroccanoil ounce for ounce. Plus it wouldn't contain any of those silicones or other chemicals that apparently the hair product contains. What do you think? Any experience or expert advice is much appreciated. TIA.:flower:

My experience with olive oil is that it's basically impossible to rince off, it really doesn't give you a clean finish after the mask. I would not recommend it, or maybe just on the hair ends.

I buy pure argan oil from an organic pharmacy store online, it's really unexpensive compared to Morocannoil.

^^ Thanks for the warning! and the tip on where to get a deal on argan oil. :flower:

has anyone tried the morrocoan oil hairspray and other hair styling products?
i thought they might be a good entry level product.

^ lucy, I haven't personally but my hairdresser uses the Moroccan Oil hairspray and loves it :flower:. I've used the Moroccan Oil in the past and really liked it so I imagine their other hair products are quite good as well.

my hair is in awful condition, and i have been trying to find as many reviews as poss about Moroccan Oil brand (as many have previously said, pure Argan Oil seems to be incredibly expensive).

i have seen some reviews on youtube (namely amodelrecommends) who suggested the lee stafford version, but i'm not all too convinced... i've tried his products in the past and hated them. plus, considering all these oils are meant to be so expensive, i can't completely trust that his is the purest (considering the price), and instead has 0.0001% oil in it - is this my snobbery talking?? :o:ninja:

I buy pure argan oil from an organic pharmacy store online, it's really unexpensive compared to Morocannoil.

I know I should have asked before, but do you mind giving us a link (if that is within tFS rules) or just telling us the name of the website? Thank you.:flower:

I know I should have asked before, but do you mind giving us a link (if that is within tFS rules) or just telling us the name of the website? Thank you.:flower:

Try eBay!!! I get mine from a user named realargan, he sold over 3000 bottles and his reviews/reviews are amazing! You can also try whole food.
I have tried soooo many brand( Argan organic oil) to find the best quality as unfortunately a lot of seller pretend to sell real Argan but it mixed with silicone&parfum.
Posted via Mobile Device

i love products by seliar , they r woth argan oil and they r really great, and since i started usuing them( its been like 3 weeks) i have got a lot of compliments.

does moroccan oil help with split-ends?

well with split ends u just have to cut them, go once a month or once in two months just to cut them and have them nice and healthy, cause really i do not know if other people but i so look at other people's split ends.

split ends just happen i guess everyone gest them once in a while.

^ Absolutely.

I hardly ever remember to use Moroccan oil (has been stored in my bathroom for almost two years) and recently I had a lot of split ends and decided to 'smooth' them by giving this another try.. and no, it didn't work :lol:, it actually made my hair intolerable even when braided just for the night. Only now I'm starting to feel my hair A LOT smoother after cutting those ends and applying Moroccan oil on a regular basis during the night. Then again, it's probably 60% due to the much-needed trim..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
user667sgn
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->