NYT T Style Magazine Women's Fashion Spring 2012 : Lana Del Rey by Terry Richardson

tarsha

Reaction score
GGnts.jpg

twitter/tmagazine

A Star Is Born (and Scorned)
Lana Del Rey by Terry Richardson
Styled by Mel Ottenberg

tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com

bigger cover

Facebook/T Magazine

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbridled Materialism
Duro Olowu by Juergen Teller

It’s no secret that the London-based, Nigerian-born designer Duro Olowu loves the raw material of his trade. His exuberant 1970s-style dresses, spliced together from silks he designs himself and an eye-popping array of vintage couture brocades, chiffons and georgettes, are prized for their deft handling of color and pattern. In “Material,” a monthlong exhibition-cum-pop-up shop Olowu has curated at Salon 94’s Freeman Gallery, this passion is given free rein. “For my collections, I always start with the fabric and then work my way to the designs,” the designer explains. “I know so many people who work in this way — not just designers, but jewelers and artists. Everyone starts with the materials.” Arranged in a mise-en-scène alongside pieces from Olowu’s spring 2012 collection will be material-inspired objects and art that have in turn inspired him: drawings by Lorna Simpson, photographs by Juergen Teller, woven canvases by Tony Cox, paintings by Katherine Bernhardt, portraits by the 82-year-old Malian photographer Hamidou Maiga, West African textiles and vintage couture fabrics from Abraham of Switzerland. Handling is very much encouraged. “This is not a precious display of precious things,” Olowu stresses. “It’s an opportunity to come and shop, to learn about new people and come away with some new ideas.” Whether you leave with a carved wooden coffin in the shape of a Nikon camera from the Ghanian artist Paa Joe or a book on West African architecture, says Olowu, the point is the same: “It’s intended as a visual feast.”

tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com

Ugh, I'm sick of her already and she's only just begun! This is what happens when a spoiled, egotistical, and exponentially untalented girl has a rich daddy and is surrounded by "yes" people. :rolleyes:

Oh my god, go away Lana Del Rey! Even Adele was never this overexposed and she's a superstar!

Forget that she's being rammed down our throats as the coolest thing ever (for the record, I kind of like her music), that's an awful cover. She looks awful, the photo itself is awful there's nothing stylish about it at all, which is shocking since a good part of her appeal is no doubt her style.

This girls PR team is not playin. Thank god she's gorgeous, and moderately talented.

Hate hate hate. Keep hating. I'm not even gonna try to defend her from nasty comments. It's not even worth it. You're only adding more to her hype and getting her name out there. Fine by me.

Love the simplicity of the cover. Really excited to see Lana.
Posted via Mobile Device

sorry but this girl isn't photogenic! It's an awful image for the cover

before I feel I've even had a chance to like her, I'm already sick of her..

Whatever, she takes a good photo. I'd rather see her than some generic Reese Witherspoon or another bland actress.

It's a shame that this girl has become the target of such strong hate. It seems like people didn't have anyone else they could project their hate onto. It's not a matter of defending her, I'm not arguing against people's dislike, music is a question of taste and she is indeed very exposed (which can be annoying, of course), but it's just that I don't get the whole drama. Maybe it's because when I discovered her I had absolutely no idea about who she was, no idea about the hype, so I didn't have any prejudices nor was tired of seeing her "everywhere", but when I see a singer like Lana being so trashed while pop singers who didn't have one but many live singing disasters are out there not receiveing half of this criticism it makes me wonder.

Now back on the magazine spread, not her best shot on the cover, but the first two pictures of her ed are actually pretty good for Terry Richardson standards... I'd really like to see Lana by Alasdair McLellan actually.

Wow shes has like 10 covers this spring. I agree with LUXXX, shes more exciting and interesting than the same actresses that are on the same magazines month after month:D. the cover is cute and i like the Lolita esque shot in the skirt, love those platform loafers:heart:, but the other shot is too Terry-ish doesnt suit her

She looks perfectly like 'Jonah' in Sleepless in Seattle on the cover. Why did I not recognize before they look alike :lol: Not a bad cover, anyway. The simplicity works here.

Now back on the magazine spread, not her best shot on the cover, but the first two pictures of her ed are actually pretty good for Terry Richardson standards... I'd really like to see Lana by Alasdair McLellan actually.

This would be fantastic:shock:

i think i echo the opinions already posted....enough already. her SNL performance erased any potential liking of her music for me....im kinda disgusted she did pop before her lip injections and boob job....and now she's got those she's trying to rock this psuedo vintage glam image that REAL musicians like adele, amy winehouse, etc pull off.

irks me the wrong way. cant say she's very photogenic either, considering all the mags that are covering her. i feel like all her press has been planted....too much too soon, and the voice isn't well developed

Oh, I don't worry about her. She is like a shooting star - currently is shining but gonna fade away soon. The world will get enough of her

Cherchez la Femme
Models: Kinga Rajzak & Daga Ziober
Photographed by Boo George
Styled by Vanessa Traina

tmagazine

Iridescence
Models: Josephine Skriver and Patricia van der Vliet
Photographed by Colin Dodgson
Styled by Sara Moonves

tmagazine

Lunatic Fringe