Outlander (TV Series)

Lacroix

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this so thought I'd make one. I never get obsessed with tv shows/caught up in fandom but I'm excited about the new Outlander series Starz are currently filming

I'm not too crazy about the actor playing Jamie but Claire is almost spot on.

pictures from outlandertvnews.com

Attachments

• BWuWOGwCQAEcYEI.jpg
    BWuWOGwCQAEcYEI.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 5
  • kilt.jpg
    kilt.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 3
Thanks for making this thread. I am reading the books at the moment so i am rather exited about this!

I have some mixed feelings about this. I love the books so much. On one hand I'm excited to see this. I'm curious to see what they include and how it's handled in a medium like television. But on the other hand, I of course worry that they'll "ruin" it somehow. It's the same set of feelings that I always experience when something I love is adapted. Sometimes I'm disappointed and other times I'm pleasantly surprised. I try not to go in with any expectations either way.

I´m obsessing over this show! I marathoned the whole 8 episodes in a couple of days :smile:
the costumes, the sets, the cinematography, everything is so well put together and "quality" it´s a beauty to watch. The Highlands are so very beautiful, I enjoy the fact that most of the show is set outside.
The first half ending made me want to read the books so until it returns in April, I have plenty to satisfy my need for the story :wub:

Looooooooooooooooooooove this! I've read all books and can't wait for april to resume the first season. They've done a hell of a job filming this. Currently rereading.

^thanks for sharing.
I can´t believe they´ll come back in April, almost half a year away :doh:

‘Outlander’ Star Sam Heughan Named Anglo Fan Favorites Man of 2014
With more than 3 million votes cast in the final, Sam Heughan, who plays Jamie Fraser on Starz’s time-travel romantic saga Outlander, has won our fourth annual Anglo Fan Favorites men’s tournament, defeating fellow Scotsman David Tennant 61 percent to 39 percent in a hard-fought battle by both fandoms.

Heughan, in costume in Scotland, recorded a special message to the fans who voted him Man of 2014:

bbcamerica

See what's in store for Outlander when it returns April 4.

Sam looks adorable and smitten and maybe a bit tipsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone read the books? I tried reading the first one but lost interest half way, it drag a lot... do they get better?

^Yes read them all. I loved them, it was dragging at book 4 of 5 something, for me, not already at book 1, so I guess it doesn't get better if you find book 1 dragging half way, sorry. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adityakamotra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->