Pencil skirts S/S 06

yes agree on the length lena. I love pencil skirts but if they touch my knee's at all (which is quite often due to my height) I just end up looking like an inverted triangle. Not pretty.

trumpet skirts I find much more flattering to my figure for that exact reason. The flare helps balance me out.

agree on the proportions softie. You need balance :flower:

I really rocked this look in 1988....but I've never had quite the same waist to hip ratio since:lol: .Yup,the proportions and the right length for your particular body are EVERYTHING to this look.

I like pencil skirts for winter,but I don't really like these summer ones....

D&G ss 06 / Emporio Armani ss06

00140m.jpg
00920m.jpg

Pollini ss06
00040m.jpg
00070m.jpg

00090m.jpg
00220m.jpg

(style.com)

I think the Roland Mouret and Donna Karan ones that come below the knee are gorgeous. Though I do wonder about the practicality. Can't say I've really noticed people wearing the longer type.

I LOVE those pencil skirts and like others have said, the Roland Mouret and Donna Karan ones rock! Can't wait to get my hands on one of those. They make legs look endless...

Love them! I agree it's not easy to walk in them, but who cares, they're so stylish! Does anyone know where you can get the pencil skirts with the higher waist, for a reasonable price?

I really love these skirts. I have been looking for some like these for fall, but they all seem too long. I'm 5'2" and feel that just above the knee suites me best, all the ones I've tried on go to about half way at my calf :-/

I LOVE the pencil skirt :heart:

I'm surprised to hear so many say they're impractical. I've never really found them to be difficult to maneuver in... or maybe I just don't remember since I'm so practiced :P Mine either have a slit or a bit of stretch so I suppose that helps. My favorite length is just below the knee. I find that to be the most the flattering for me, although I do have a couple that hit just above and they're nice too.

I also like the higher waistline! Seems to be a movement towards that in general which I find totally refreshing! Of course... it also makes me feel the need to do some crunches :D

How very bizarre that I as a man don´t like pencils for S/S that much... It´s so odd, it´s just that we found the perfect balance with voluminous skirts that they already shift towards longer, pencil lengths... I think they can be very flattering, but I think it´s much more an issue for Winter than Summer... Especially a length as seen at Proenza Schouler :unsure:...

i'm starting to feel more comfortable wearing skirts like this...high waisted and a bit tight. it's so unbelievably flattering on women, and i think make me look taller than normal..not sure how it works, but i'm ok with it :lol:

thanks kimkhuu! :heart:

been wearing mine for a couple months now, i loved the miu miu fw 05 ones too much so i just had to. :P
00006.L.JPG

from firstview.com

those Pollini ella posted are quite cute

How tight should the skirt be? I've got a pencil skirt that fits fine at the waist, but it is really tight at the hips/thighs. Is this how it's supposed to fit, or should I lose some weight :cry: ?

so, can cute pencil skirts be found anywhere highstreet??

Two more from Grant ss06

00090m.jpg
00140m.jpg
(style.com)

i love high waisted pencil skirts a friend of mine wore her black one with a white gothic esq shirt wide black belt around the waist sheer black tights and some black and white oxford pumps and it looked wonderful:heart: ^_^

Elegance.Is.Refusal. said:
i love high waisted pencil skirts a friend of mine wore her black one with a white gothic esq shirt wide black belt around the waist sheer black tights and some black and white oxford pumps and it looked wonderful:heart: ^_^

that outfit sounds amazing. your friend must be stylish as hell :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzaqk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->