Read BEFORE Posting *New Trend Topics

maximus said:
I'm absolutely fine about this and not wanting to cause a stir or whatever, but why do you need to do this? Most other forums I know of don't seem to be inforcing this policy (not that it is a reason not to do it!). Just curious! Thanks.

Regards,
Max.

Agreed - it's very unusual.

Another problem - the sources changed constantly. The links may be good this week, but next month might be gone altogether. That's why we use photo-sharing services like Photobucket - we know our copy of the photo will last.

crediting pictures and reposting original source links is essential for posting images at tFS
once again, non credited pics will be certainly edited

After discussing it with the entire team of moderators we came to a conclusion of a new rule for the trends of S/S 07 (and all upcoming seasons)

The new rule will be that you may only start a thread on a newly found S/S 07 trend when you have found examples of the trend in at least five different shows or collections. You can all start threads again as long as you follow this rule.

Thanks for cooperating and understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks mr dale...:flower:

ok guys...let's see what you can come up with...

:P

I appreciate the way that tFS manages the boards...many of the members here have posted information which has led me to sites that I use for researching my papers & projects for school...and it helps b/c i can find the site and credit it easily...

glad you see the point in our policy princess :smile:

Mr-Dale said:
After discussing it with the entire team of moderators we came to a conclusion of a new rule for the trends of S/S 07 (and all upcoming seasons)

The new rule will be that you may only start a thread on a newly found S/S 07 trend when you have found examples of the trend in at least five different shows or collections. You can all start threads again as long as you follow this rule.

Thanks for cooperating and understanding.

Will this rule apply to mods as well? :ninja:

what about the trends itself?

I have noticed,

some Yellow, Metallics, Futurism, Large trousers, Oversized glasses, Large florals, Large costume jewelry, new volumes , droped waist, 20's/60's/80's, fabrics with new finishes and coatings, contained embelishment ( romantic, futuristic, armor like, jewelry, beading, sequins), wedges (why??), cut out shapes, ladylike style, attention to hats/ milliner in general, colorful + muted colors together, also colours from nature like blues & greens in all shades , easy prints , fringes, attention to details like buttons & trimmings, new minimalism, new drapery, luxury leathers, shiny vs powdery......

I haven't seen too many vintage looks , and this is good.

this is a posting announcement thread
feel free to discuss all ss07 trends at the ss07 catwalk trends topic or at any other ss07 thread

Ok well what if for example, you have pictures on a file in your computer and you want to post some you have (because it happens to be about the topic we are discussing) what if you don't know where the source is from because you saved the foto so long ago and you don't know where it's from, what do you do then? Not post it? About 99% of the fotos involving fashion I have on my laptop, I have no idea where they're from!

juliapiquet said:
Ok well what if for example, you have pictures on a file in your computer and you want to post some you have (because it happens to be about the topic we are discussing) what if you don't know where the source is from because you saved the foto so long ago and you don't know where it's from, what do you do then? Not post it? About 99% of the fotos involving fashion I have on my laptop, I have no idea where they're from!

if this is the case then you should post the pics as links to avoid the crediting issue... you would prob have to upload them to a hosting site like imageshack first...

that's really the only way around it :flower:

^ hey chrissym...

correct me if i'm wrong, but i thought i read otherwise...

i not sure what thread it was in, but i recall one of the mods saying that image hosting sites like flickr and photobucket didn't qualify for photo credit...

can you clarify the situation for me and others? :flower:

on a slightly different issue...

what is the guideline for reposting uncredited images from other threads (i.e., images posted before crediting was enforced)? i understand that tfs threads are not legitimate sources for citation, so i've been assuming that that means we quite simply can't repost these older images. am i correct in my assumption or not? :flower:

thanks in advance :smile:

to clarify your first point...
yes it is true that photo hosting sites do not qualify as credits...
but what you can do is post a link to the picture.. like this for example:
http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=00150mbd7.jpg
if you click on it.. it will take you to an image :flower:
since the image itself doesn't actually appear here it doesn't have to be credited.

when it comes to reposting old pictures i would again say the best bet is to post a link to the old post.. that way there are no crediting issues :flower:

thanks, Chrissy!

oops...i realize now that you did originally say "post the pics as links". i kinda spaced out and misinterpreted it at first, but now i see. :blush::P

i now understand what you mean in regards to my second question as well.

:flower:

how do you edit ? and how do you put the link ? what if you no longer know where u got them ?

^you cannot edit your posts but you can add the credit in another post, just make sure it's visible and directed specifically to the uncredited images.. to avoid confusions.
if you no longer know where you got them from.. they still have to be removed until you find the original owner. harsh, I know, but imagine if everyone 'forgot' the credit of their images, the rule wouldn't make any sense. -_-:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->