Skinny jeans for men... Coming to an end?

At first when my brother bought skinny jeans I kind of laughed :lol: but he actually looks really good in them! He is a total waif though and really tall so that is probably why!

OK, not to boast or anything, but who called it on the acid wash? Thats right, me.

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again now... I hope more skinny jeans are made available for us guys. That's especially for those who can't find a good fit with baggy-type jeans. This kind of thing goes beyond being a tad tired of skinny jeans. Because you know... nothing's more terrible than not finding a good pair of good-fitting jeans. So I hope more skinny jeans are available for hommes.

I've said it in the past, and I'll say it again now... I hope more skinny jeans are made available for us guys.
But there many skinny-slim fits denims available for men... you just gotta know where and what to look for. The first and more popular one I can think of off hand is Diesel.

I'm not looking for any skinny jeans... I'm just concerned for us hommes that want a good pair of skinny jeans. That's all.

I don't like the way skinny jeans look on guys. Makes them look like they have chicken legs and smash their genitals.

yeah i dont like skinny jeans on guys either .. i think it should definitely be left to the girls. with that said i dont like them extremely baggy either just between is perfect and looks the smartest on men

of course its all according to preference but why restrain guys? men already have fewer options than women in regards to clothing as it is :(

I don't like the way skinny jeans look on guys. Makes them look like they have chicken legs and smash their genitals.

CaitlinC, I have many times seen women in skintight jeans so that I could see imprint of their genitals through the jeans. Do you mean that this is acceptable and fashionable? By the way if the skinny jeans are right size and fit and are made out of good soft and stretchy materials they don't smash your genitals.

i work at urban and i sell soo many skinny jeans..i really cant see it going anywhere anytime soon..

CaitlinC, I have many times seen women in skintight jeans so that I could see imprint of their genitals through the jeans. Do you mean that this is acceptable and fashionable? By the way if the skinny jeans are right size and fit and are made out of good soft and stretchy materials they don't smash your genitals.

yeast infections....aren't acceptable or fashionable, lulz.

as long as the guy doesn't have thunder thighs and like anything else in life--for men or women--the clothes aren't too tight, who cares? :P

some guys look really good in skinny jeans or pants, it's all about the shape of your body.

i really can't stand when guys have thick legs or beer bellys and wearing skinny jeans :sick: it doesn't look right.

I don't like skinny jeans on anyone, not just guys. I find them unflattering, imo.

What you are describing, is camoe toe anyway. Which happens to a girl, with any tight material.

I don't like how jeans make me look. I'm 5'11 and already have long legs as it is. Plus, skinny jeans aren't good for girls who are an hourglass. lol

I've been expecting skinny jeans to fade away for ages now but I think it will take a long time. If you look on street style blogs it's clear that they are still VERY popular all over the world.

Personally I've never liked this look on guys for the simple fact that it does awful things to their body. Regardless of what size a guy is, whether he's very very lanky or very built, structurally the widest part of a guys body is his shoulders and chest. It really doesn't matter if you're muscled or not, that's just how we're built. So when you put extremely narrow pants on it throws the balance of the body off making the legs look spindly and the entire body look top heavy/awkward, which is only exaggerated by the fact that men have longer torsos than women do and women generally have more leg.

I think the entire trend towards adapting clothes that were originally conceived as womenswear for men often veers into the ridiculous because the simple fact is that the two genders are constructed and proportioned very differently. Guys can be as small and lean as a girl and it still won't change the fact that his body doesn't look the same and won't be flattered by the same shapes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skinny jeans are still in most of the collections as of now, and are BEYOND a staple in street fashion. The looser pant has been desperately trying to make a comeback, but no matter how many pleats Dior Homme puts in its pants, or how rugged D&G wanna make men look, it just hasn't happened. Mens fashion is in a renaissance currently, so tight pants are a necessity. I personally like the trend, I'll even wear leggings out now'a'days!

John Galliano and Gucci are the only ones that I could remember off the top of my head that showed a skinny silhouette as far as pants for this upcoming fall. I'm sure there were more and I don't think that skinny jeans are coming to an end. However, I do feel that a very slim straight is a bit more flattering for most men.

I keep kind of flip flopping though, one second, I like them and then the next I'm ready to give mine away. Another thing is stretch in men's jeans, I'm not the biggest fan since I think a lot of times it can look a little feminine.

00450m.jpg

00130m.jpg

00090m.jpg

00330m.jpg

00340m.jpg

00240m.jpg

00160m-1.jpg

source:men.style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members