The Miniskirt S/S 07

huge on catwalks but not something i could wear by itself
could work in layering (with trousers or capri's under the skirt/dress)

i wonder if it will really take off in retail , buyers were a bit scared of it's salability

a questionably 'applicable' trend, not everyone has model's legs

OH NO..... if this trend becomes well known, I can imagine almost every girl in high school..... :cry: :cry: :cry: don't even want to think about it.

Not modest, not flattering, not practical

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like this trend. It doesn't look good even if you have heavenly legs, just dumb.

^ Yes, must have the legs.

Looks great on models... very inspirational... but not somethin I could pull off effectively myself.

Hussein Chalayan S/S 07 :heart:

72085794.jpg
72085697.jpg

72085684.jpg
72085799oq6.jpg

getty

I think looking like you're begging for attention is the main issue when wearing such short skirts/shorts.... I wouldn't do it myself although it might look neat on the runway sometime... :innocent:

aren't you so bored of shortshortshort though? its been hot forever but i think its about to time to try something new. its totally unwearable in real life and c'mon this LOLITA epidemic on the runways, what with the models being like 12 with their short dresses that put their hoohas always on full display, figures like prepubescent boys...how about some f*cking WOMEN? no one has legs like twigs!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The thread title is funny:lol: I would wear it, if i'd have the legs for it:wink: ^_^ It looks great!

didn't fashion already accept the mini when sixities knee length skirts were replaced with mod mini dresses? i think the look is sexy and fun IF you can pull it off with out it looking tacky. i guess the real trick is to try and peice it with things that are more tasteful. lets be realistic here though, ofcourse you shouldn't try to pull it off if you simply do not have the body and no a teenage girl shouldn't be wearing it in school. :P

basically YES i would wear it but i wouldn't be limiting my wardrobe to only mini shorts or skirts. i enjoy myself a good ol' knee length every now and again.

i love this trend, so and yes... WILL wear it (along with the mini dresses!!), especially since this will fit better on my 5 2 height than a pair of bermuda shorts- i feel they chop my leg in half!! And well, Sydney is full of shorts-wearing girls anyway, being as casual as it is, so I dont have to worry about strange stares (fun as that may be)

so illegal length is "ras la moule" (def. not translating this). well seasons after seasons...i'm used to it.
Hussein Chalayan LOVE :heart::heart::flower::flower:(what did Suzy Menkes said?? she worried so much about Fashion's future...)

I like the name of this thread! As for the trend, could work on some people, but usually turn's out to be very wrong when it hits the streets.

I bought a mini black dress last week. Long sleeves, well cut decolleté and a very sixties feel to it. Flat superquality-and-it-shows boots in a soft brown leather or flats have been my pairings so far, am also considering these grandma-looking-except-for-super-high-heel blue shoes but am little afraid of the hoochie factor ... I admit, I am not supermodel standards but believe (oh, this mother of all horrid looks..) that I can get away with this dress, am after all tall, leggy and still not looking my age. 5% of my mind wonders if I channel Kate Moss or fat old cow but rest of me feel all Monica Vitti.

My legs are the only things going for me but I'm also fast approaching 30... Only a little time left to show it off !!

I love a minskirt, it's very powerful looking on a woman. Granted the micro-mini length is for a very select few, a skirt cut mid-thigh could easily translate into the real world without looking cliche or trashy. It's all about a balance really, the more leg you expose, the less you should show of everything else.

Keep in mind too that even though models have long legs to begin with, minis make an average size leg appear longer than it is.

Kimkhuu said:
I think looking like you're begging for attention is the main issue when wearing such short skirts/shorts.... I wouldn't do it myself although it might look neat on the runway sometime... :innocent:

Completely agree. However gorgeous one's legs maybe, there's just so high up you can go before it becomes a cry for "Look at me! I've got to-die-for legs!"
And there's simply no way you can sit in those without revealing parts that should remain under wrap. Just because one has a firm cute bottom doesn't necessariily mean I want to see those butt cheeks hanging out. :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wxzaqk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->