Thigh High / Over the Knee Boots

I own a pair of brown suede over knee boots from marks and spencers they're almost 6 years old and I hardly wear them lol I have skinny short legs so I just stick to ankle boots
Posted via Mobile Device

just got my first pair...
it's going to be interesting this fall to figure out how to style/wear them...

fun fun!!!...

:woot:>>>

so what did you get? photo please! :P

i only have the jimmy choo for H&M over the knee boots. havent worn them yet because i havent had an opportunity to do so!

i have one pair, flat, they resemble pirate's boots and have another pair in my scope that have a thick crepe sole.

i often wear skinny jeans so they work for me.

Thanks, softgrey! :heart: :flower:

I have two pairs...a brown pair from Marni many eons ago..(2003?2004?) and a clunky engineer-style pair from Nine West.
Their heels are no higher than 2 inches...anything higher is a little too sexy for me and something I can't pull off :ninja:

We should have a thigh-high boots party! :wink:

so what did you get? photo please! :P

i only have the jimmy choo for H&M over the knee boots. havent worn them yet because i havent had an opportunity to do so!
marc jacobs-
they are blk, flat, suede with a lug sole---
very cozy---
i plan to wear them with leggings and long sweaters...

will try to grab a pic once i start wearing them...

btw---
i am seeing a lot of people wearing thigh hi boots the past couple weeks...
i have to say that i do not like it when people wear short skirts and thigh hi boots with no legwear...
:unsure:...:ermm:...

not a very good look, imho...
:innocent:

Thanks, softgrey! :heart: :flower:

I have two pairs...a brown pair from Marni many eons ago..(2003?2004?) and a clunky engineer-style pair from Nine West.
Their heels are no higher than 2 inches...anything higher is a little too sexy for me and something I can't pull off :ninja:

We should have a thigh-high boots party! :wink:

oooh...i remember that marni season...
that is a scrumptious shade of brown!!!...

now THAT would be great to see a picture of!...
:flower:

While I dislike all over-the-knee boots, flat over-the-knee boots are even worse. They are as disproportionate and as non-stylish as flatforms. I am also not as fond of the over-the-knee boots + short skirt or short dress combination. I'm tired of leggings and tights, but I'd rather leggings/tights with knee-high boots and a skirt/dress than over-the-knee boots with a short skirt.

Still have yet to find any reason to even be remotely enticed with these boots. But as per anything, these boots will be loved while cranky old me finds plenty of reason to loathe them...

marc jacobs-

i am seeing a lot of people wearing thigh hi boots the past couple weeks...
i have to say that i do not like it when people wear short skirts and thigh hi boots with no legwear...

That kind of ruins the point of boots no? If it's cold enough to wear boots, it's cold enough to wear tights as well. :huh:

Just went through the thread and saw my shoes that I bought in '07. What was I thinking:ninja:

I've got these stella mccartney inspired boots that I just love

they're really greatlooking and they make the outfit

question---
did you wear them and do you still have them...
just curious...

:P

I did a few times!

I remember wearing them with tights and sweater dresses. And also with jeans tucked in and cosy sweaters. I haven't worn them since though...

I still have them somewhere buried in my shoe closet

i can totally see that...and i am sure it was perfectly adorable!...
:flower:

i am wearing my damir doma creeper style otk to death ever since i got them. unexpectedly much more versatile that anticipated since the suede leg acts like a long sock or tight but i wear them over skinny jeans as well.

i know the marnis you speak well, they are square toed brown calf right? unearth those babies...

i have to say that i am not wearing my boots at all...
and i am liking them less and less...
:lol:...

i wonder if i can take them to the shoemaker and have him make them into regular knee hi boots...
:ermm:...

You do great posts john. I always enjoy them. Ugg came out with over the knee boots. Victoria's Secret sold out of them. light brown, dark brown , black and black squened. All the soccer mom's in black sequened over the knee boots at the malls. :wink:

I see what John says about flat ones look disproportional. Still I like them :drool

i would love to order the "April" boot by Jimmy Choo, the black suede version. But i need to see a wearing-picture, but couldn't find one via google :( any pics??

hilary-duff-reunites-ex-husband-mike-comrie-holiday-shopping-05.JPG

hilary-duff-thanksgiving-01.jpg

justjared and celebmafia

Over-knee boots still don't excite me or draw my interest. Most of them just don't look all that exciting or lovely to me. Flat and low-heel over-knee boots are terrible. I am sorry... no matter how much some try to make such boots fashionable, the greater majority of these boots just will have the same appeal to me as gladiator sandals, and even I would take some gladiator sandals over almost any over-knee boots though I mostly loathe both.

Wow... I even shown dislike for these boots back in 2011 looking back at past comments to this thread. Some things don't change, I guess.

^ :lol: put them in the "trends you hate" thread

i love them (flat ones) but there are 0 ones that fit my legs because they're too thin! only ones that are good are stuart weitzman but $$$ and the suede will be ruined easily :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->