Ulrikke Høyer

^ I hope so as well. Here are some nice words of support from James Scully, who asks other CDs to keep booking Ulrikke to show support !

Today I must commend and thank @ulrikkehoyer for her very brave, honest and outspoken account of her recent experience in Japan. Though this is unfortunately not unusual it's now the norm in the business . While this may be an isolated situation at LV, I think she speaks to the bigger picture of one of the problems this business faces. The normalization of behavior that treats models as just things, coat hangers with no feelings or emotions. Every model I have ever worked with has always heard me announce before a show "you are booked for who you are, not because you fit the clothes." Casting directors do not make clothes, those decisions come from above us. if a designer and their stylists asthetic is to make samples so unrealistically small that a cast is built around who fits (and this is rampant) this becomes a no win situation for models or because they are given unrealistic, unhealthy parameters they must maintain just to stay in the game for fear of being seen as disposable it also makes a casting directors job very difficult. And it's not sustainable anymore. And most models have and will experience in some way a situation similar to Ulrikke. She was courageous to speak out. I'm disappointed that Vuitton chose not to acknowledge I'm sure they thought this would be an isolated incident. With 44k likes and growing, 3000 comments hundreds of shares and coverage from @thecut @bof @wwd @modelsdot and more to come, this may pass but it's not going away. I think we are going to hear from more girls who have had these experiences elsewhere now, positively empowered by Ulrikke. There is strength in numbers and your stories should be heard. There's a crack in the armor and we need to break that open! Let's not lay blame let's use this as a lesson of support and show that we are better than this. come September I ask all casting directors and Stylists who see and share this post let's all support Ulrikke and book her for our shows and print and send a message to the industry and to every model afraid to speak that she did the right thing and moved us forward.

instagram/jamespscully

Good for her speaking out. She seems very clever. I hope she can maintain work while being healthy.

I was waiting for James thoughts on this, and not surprised he spoke out. I'm not sure how much pull he has in the industry compared to other CD's, but hopefully he can convince other brands to continue their work with her.

This reminds me of Ali Michael story and yet she's again doing modeling hmhm I am totally on Ulrikke's side, I just hope she won't change her way of looking at things...

Last edited by a moderator:
Elie Saab 'Girl of Now' fragrance campaign

Vogue Spain July 2017 - digital edition

Dansk Magazine AW17 15th Anniversary Issue

instagram/danskmagazine

Vogue Paris: La Mode Aux Trousses

Charlotte Wales - Photographer
Charlotte Collet - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Christian Eberhard - Hair Stylist
Petros Petrohilos - Makeup Artist
Ulrikke Hoyer - Model
credit: models

Vogue Ukraine: the edge of reason

Yaniv Edry - Photographer
Simon Elmalem - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Yaniv Zada - Hair Stylist
Dariia Day - Makeup Artist
Ulrikke Hoyer - Model

Vogue Espana: ULRIKKE

Paola Kudacki - Photographer
Juan Cebrian - Fashion Editor/Stylist
James Rowe - Hair Stylist
Manuela Pane - Makeup Artist
Ulrikke Hoyer - Model

Elle Denmark January 2018 covers

{blog.ouimanagement.com}

Watch This Face / Megan McCluskie and Alice Hart / Harper's Bazaar UK
Mar 27, 2017

Every week, Bazaar‘s booking team highlights one name to note, from the industry’s best-known faces to girls who are just starting out. This week, we turn our attention to Ulrikke Høyer.
Hailing from Denmark, this 20-year-old is a professional tennis player-turned-model who debuted as an exclusive for the Louis Vuitton autumn/winter 2016 show. Like her fellow models Gigi and Bella Hadid, who have competed as equestrians, and the Victoria’s Secret Angel Elsa Hosk, who played professional basketball, Høyer is another sporty model whose athleticism and striking looks have come to dominate the catwalks.
A classic Scandinavian beauty, Høyer has shot editorials for top photographers such as Tim Walker and David Sims; she has also walked the runways for major brands including Stella McCartney, Blumarine, Marchesa and Oscar de la Renta for the recent autumn/winter 2017 show circuit. As Chloé’s S/S 17 campaign star, she is often booked for the label.
“Ulrikke is effortlessly stylish, intelligent, beautiful and tops it all off with her good sense of humour,” says Brittany Hawtree at Select Model Management. “Ulrikke has a warm and kind nature which makes her instantaneously likeable and I have no doubt she would go far in any career path she chooses to take.”
We talk to Høyer about her home town of Copenhagen, working with Chloé and hot yoga.

How were you discovered?
“I got discovered by a model scout from my mother agency in elementary school when I was 15 years old.”
What would you say has been the highlight of your career so far?
“To do the new Chloé campaign was really a dream come true to me. I’ve always loved Chloé and admired its work, so that was a really big thing for me.”
Do you have any travel tips for those visiting your home town?
“When visiting Copenhagen, which you should do between May and August, you should eat a lot of good food in Kødbyen [the Meatpacking District], go to the famous museum Louisiana and take a long walk by the beautiful seaside and attend Roskilde Festival or Distortion.”

What are the three products you can’t live without?
“My Carmex lipbalm, my 3 steps skin care from Karmameju and my Aesop hand cream.”
What is your favourite form of exercise?
“I love hot yoga as I feel you get the best of both worlds while doing it, as you sweat and challenge your condition but also get the whole Zen experience. Otherwise, I like to keep my core strong as that makes you toned.”
What is your dream shoot?
“I would love to shoot somewhere really exotic or maybe on a safari in Africa next to wild animals or something crazy like that. I feel like I already have been lucky to work with some of the most legendary and best photographers, so I just want to work even more with them.”

Name your five essential items you wouldn’t leave the house without?
“My iPhone, headphones, Carmex lipbalm, a bottle of water and my everyday jewellery.”
If you had to wear only one designer, who would it be?
“I don’t think I can choose one. To be honest, I don’t have any crazy crush on one designer, I think there are so many talented designers that I’d much rather mix them than choose just one.”
What kind of advice would you give to new girls to the industry?
“Be patient, be yourself and don’t waste your time comparing yourself with others. Everyone is different and therefore we are all individual.”

Is there a model’s career that you admire and why?
“Kate Moss because she is so iconic.”
What is your life motto?
“I have more than one, but I like this one: ‘Growing at a slower space is good – don’t get too big too quickly.'”
Let’s talk about favourites. What about…
…music? “I love Solange and I can’t wait to hear her at this year’s Roskilde Festival. She performed at the Chloé after party in Paris and she was amazing.”
…movies? “To be honest I don’t watch that many movies, I prefer documentaries.”
…books? “When it comes to books I always answer Open: An Autobiography by Andre Agassi as I can relate to a lot as I have been an elite tennis player myself.”
…food? “I am a food lover with a big F. I like everything and love to try new things out. My favourite cuisine is French or Thai.”

{harpersbazaar.com/uk}

Ulrikke Hoyer Digitals (HQ)

credit: dnamodels

ELLE Denmark January 2018: Ulrikke Hoyer By Oliver S. Knauer

COVER STORY
"Ulrikke Hoyer: Model, That Gossips"
(Translated)

Photographer: Oliver S. Knauer
Stylist: Josephine Aarkrogh

Model: Ulrikke Hoyer

Credit: OUI Management (blog.ouimanagement.com)

Whyred Fall 18

Love her new silhouette, I think she's truly glowing at the moment :flower:

20rqu8h.jpg

2ep5wti.jpg

Vogue

Eurowoman May 2018
Mariya Pepelanova - Photographer
Jan Stuhr - Hair Stylist
Anne Staunsager - Makeup Artist

models

FAVORITE magazine issue 1

ph: Tung Walsh