Vogue Italia October 2004 : Elise Crombez by Steven Meisel

Every time I see this cover I am astounded again and again by its beauty. It is truly beyond. I’ve never seen as beautiful a portrait before. It radiates something really special. I’ve never even made the connection until now, but I believe the team modeled Elise as Mona Lisa for the cover, with then the main editorial focusing on a painter and his muse, hence the connection.
But this is no cheap recreation of the painting. Elise possesses the same enigmatic expression as Da Vinci’s model...is she smiling? Hard to tell...but just maybe? So much behind her eyes. Breathtaking.

Back in the day Meisel could really create magic with the right model, lighting and colour scheme. Also one of my all time favourite VI covers.

"Vogue Glitter"
Models: Unknowns
Photographer: Greg Lotus
Stylist: Charlotte Shockdale
Hair: Fernado Torrent & Ed Moelands
Makeup: Carole Lassnier
Manicure: Christina Conrad

archivio.vogue.it

Models: Iza Olak, Marta Berzkalna, Britni Stanwood, Meeli Mullari, ?

"Golden Girl"
Models: Lily Cole & Unknown
Photographer: Vincent Peters
Stylist: Victoria Bartlett
Hair: Stéphan Lancien
Makeup: Karim Rahman
Manicure: Brenda Abrial

archivio.vogue.it

Models: Anne-Marie van Dijk, Lily Cole, Polina Kouklina

Shoes Portfolio
Photographer: David LaChapelle
Fashion Editor: Nicoletta Santoro
Hair: Laurent Philippon
Makeup: Petros Petrohilos
Set Design: Craig Maldonado
Model: Polina Kouklina, Anna Jagodzinska, Pamela Anderson, ?

Vogue Italia Archivio

Suggestions
Photographer: Stefano Galuzzi
Fashion Editor: Sara Maino
Hair: Seb Bascle
Makeup: Carole Lasnier
Model: Joana Preiss

Vogue Italia Archivio

I was recently in an amazing book store in Tokyo that had back issues of virtually any magazine from Interview, V, Lula and all those as well as back issues of Vogue Italia. They had this issue twice and on sale even for roughly 6 Euro. I thought about getting it but the issue is just too thick, cover looked incredible in real life though.

I was recently in an amazing book store in Tokyo that had back issues of virtually any magazine from Interview, V, Lula and all those as well as back issues of Vogue Italia. They had this issue twice and on sale even for roughly 6 Euro. I thought about getting it but the issue is just too thick, cover looked incredible in real life though.
That sounds interesting what’s the bookstore?

That sounds interesting what’s the bookstore?

I looked it up, it is called Komiyama Vintage Bookstore. Can recommend! They had many different Vogue Italia issues from I'd say 1995-2011 and really old Vogues but prices were much higher for those. Not sure if they ship though!

I looked it up, it is called Komiyama Vintage Bookstore. Can recommend! They had many different Vogue Italia issues from I'd say 1995-2011 and really old Vogues but prices were much higher for those. Not sure if they ship though!
Thank you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweerechtvier
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->