Chanel S/S 2019 by Karl Lagerfeld

This campaign is the same as those magazine covers which are a tickbox exercise in diversity - cram as many girls as possible into each shot, with no thought of how they interact with each other, or whether there's any spark in the set-up.

For me, looking at this campaign feels like being forced to look though school photos, and by the look on their faces, some of the girls feel like they're back there.

For such a fun, playful and vibrant collection, there's just zero departure from last season's campaign here and everything feels so very dark and sombre for the collection. Not even the slight change in casting is enough to safe this campaign, unfortunately. A total waste!

What is this lifeless campaign and the dull cast full of average-looking models supposed to say to the Chanel customer OR to the regular people who dream about being a Chanel customer one day? I mean, this is a luxury brand that’s supposed to represent the very best of French chic, luxury and high-end fashion in general! I don’t get any of that from this campaign.

The new Campaign for the Act1 with Adesuwa and Marjan, styled by Virginie Viard with the same boring background is much more appealing than this...

Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make Up: Lucia Pica
Models: Rebecca Leigh Longendyke, Adesuwa Aighewi and Kris Grikaite

Vogue Paris Digital Edition

why Chanel just doesn't hire a good photographer, i mean, is Karl that controlling that he rather did such lifeless lazy campaign than just release the job to someone more qualified?
he should just focus on giving concept and final call on collections now, leaving the rest to other younger and talented ppl

I believed in Luna Bijl as the new Chanel muse like once Lagerfeld used to do with Ines or Claudia... everything needs to be so fast nowadays. This campaign is totally a mess.

I believed in Luna Bijl as the new Chanel muse like once Lagerfeld used to do with Ines or Claudia... everything needs to be so fast nowadays. This campaign is totally a mess.
Luna and Grace are the best recent Chanel muses. Period. I don't know when will Karl give Imaan and Lauren de Graaf their due RTW campaign!!!???

Luna and Grace are the best recent Chanel muses. Period. I don't know when will Karl give Imaan and Lauren de Graaf their due RTW campaign!!!???
totally agree.
I still have Lauren walking at the Ritz in my eyes

I also agree. And I find that the best match for Chanel at the moment is Vittoria. She has that cold classic beauty mixed with sensuality that reminds me of past Chanel muses such as Amanda Harlech and Carole Bouquet. She's perfect for the brand.

Luna, Grace & Vittoria are really the best new muses. I don't know what is going to happen with Adut (if she is going to be more Fendi than Chanel) but it's the best "muses team" Karl had in a longtime.
It's interesting because they are quite sexy and Chanel hasn't had "sexy" girls in a longtime.

I don't think Imaan is going to have a RTW campaign anytime soon. She seems to be more of a favorite of Lucia Pica than Karl. When was the last time she walked or attended a show?
Tami Williams deserves a campaign. She is literally at every show and she is doing the beauty campaigns.
We need a boost from Carine for this one!

I'd rather have Imaan stay at Chanel Beauty than get lumped with the likes of this hype cast. You are the company you keep. She's got the ability to carry the campaign on her own and by right should get OG.

Mad about Tami. The worst mistake her agent made was to allow her to be cast in a Gucci campaign. After that it all went somewhat downhill for her. Limited campaigns and almost zero mainstream magazine work. And this was a girl who could get OG edits in US Vogue. Established models should stay away from Gucci. Their campaigns are narrative driven, not about models like Versace or Chanel. The very first girl, Peyton Knight, who helped establish Michele's Gucci aesthetic is now relegated to shooting filler edits for Vogue Taiwan. Says it all, really.

Luna Bijl closing the Fall/Winter 2018 show is iconic in my eyes :heart:

I'm not feeling this campaign, wish it was done outdoors.

I wonder what will happen when Karl leaves. I wonder if Imaan will have a better chance to get a RTW campaign then. I'd be really happy for her but for now I don't see it happening either unfortunately.
It's true that Tami is also a perfect fit for the brand, as perfect as could be, so it doesn't make sense she doesn't have one yet.

Photographer: Karl Lagerfeld
Stylist: Carine Roitfeld
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make Up: Lucia Pica
Models: Hyun Ji Shin, Kris Grikaite and Vittoria Ceretti

Elle Spain Digital Edition

Overall it's very boring and uninspired. How they could spend Millions on the Runway then they just shoot a campaign in Karl's study is just baffling. I would love to see Meisel shoot Chanel. His Chanel shots in Vogue Italia were always amazing!

How they could spend Millions on the Runway then they just shoot a campaign in Karl's study is just baffling.

The shows have more impact than their campaigns. The buzz of the shows actually translate into sales in a way that campaigns don’t.

That being said it doesn’t justify bad campaigns with bad styling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->