6’2″

Place of Origin:
Indianapolis, Indiana

Ethnic Origin:
½ German ½ Nordic

Birthsign:
Aries

How discovered:
I was discovered in Miami on my way home to Indiana after sailing in the Caribbean for six weeks.

Favorite things:
My favorite things are skydiving, skiing, mountaineering, rock climbing, good food, dancing, and the stars.

Favorite music, band:
I’m really into certain types of electronic music and classic rock. There is something about Purity Ring that gets me, or anything can be my favorite when it’s listened to with my best friend Jace when we’re driving in the mountains.

Favorite movie, tv show:
I don’t have a favorite movie because there are too many good ones out there, but my favorite tv show is a tie between Mythbusters and Family Guy. I’m a total nerd. I love science, and the crude humor of Family Guy gets me every time. I can’t stop laughing whenever Brian is portrayed as a real dog.

Favorite designer, fragrance or beauty product:
Honestly, you’re asking the wrong guy. I grew up jeans, flannels, and tractors, but I have taken a liking to a couple brands of raw denim recently. I like manly, leather, and wood products, so whoever fits that build we will get along just fine. I will say that Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren make an appearance in my closet.

What would you be doing if you weren’t modeling?
Right now I’d be working in Denver as an indoor skydiving instructor. I would have just finished up my junior year at the University of Denver.

What’s something uncool that you love anyway?
I have this hat that I don’t think anyone likes, and I probably look like an idiot in it, but I love the thing. That hat has seen some serious stuff and it’s practical.

Favorite modeling experience so far?
My favorite experience was definitely working with the crew from SWOON NYC and the director Ramón Goñi on a video for W Magazine. It was my first time working in front of a green screen, and we all got to dance around the city in really amazing locations. Dancing on the rooftop of The Standard hotel at Le Bain was awesome. We got the whole place to ourselves and we danced on the furniture as the sun set over New Jersey across the Hudson River.

What’s the best thing about your hometown/country?
The best things are the sounds and sights of a night on a lake after a long hot summer day.

Which brand would you really love to model for?
Since I may have the opportunity to travel and do what I love anyways (rock climb or hike) it would be great to do something for Eddie Bauer or Patagonia.

Place you would love to visit:
I would love to visit the Lofoten archipelago in Norway, or two peaks in the Andes, Chimborazo in Ecuador, and Aconcagua in Argentina.

Currently you’re obsessed with/about:
I am absolutely obsessed with climbing mountains and jumping out of airplanes, and no matter what you say you can’t stop me

Clarke opened and closed the Calvin Klein Men S/S 14 show.

models.com

frontmanagement

Last edited by a moderator:
Calvin Klein Collection Men's Spring 2014

YouTube/WilhelminaModels

Calvin Klein S/S 2014 Milan (O)(C)

style.com via marcbarna

Show Package – New York S/S 14: Wilhelmina

models

Michael Bastian S/S 2014 New York

style.com via marcbarna

A model prepares backstage at the Michael Bastian fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2014 at the Hotel Pierre on September 4, 2013 in New York City. (September 3, 2013 - Source: Cindy Ord/Getty Images North America)
Michael+Bastian+Backstage+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+31cR401IRDdl.jpg

Academy of Art University S/S 2014 New York

The+Academy+Of+Art+Spring+2014+rk9pCFZIx4Yl.jpg
The+Academy+Of+Art+Spring+2014+0KXSC7icmRQl.jpg

stylebistro.com

Parke & Ronen SS14 NYFW Show

underwearexpert

UK Harper's Bazaar November 2013
'ROMEO AND JULIET'

Ph: Max von Gumppenberg and Patrick Bienert
Styling: Carine Roitfeld

harpersbazaar.co.uk via vivaglam

Menswear Issue M Fall 2013
Ph: Jason Kim
Styling: Alex Badia

Clark Bockelman—six feet, two inches of millennial masculine beauty—has a very cool haircut. It is shorn close and high on the sides, and left long and wavy and strikingly blond on the top, an on-trend serif that caps a near-impossible genetic composition.

Maybe you already know this. Perhaps you saw Bockelman’s cool haircut in his fashion debut earlier this year, when Bruce Weber shot him for Carine Roitfeld’s CR Fashion Book. The spread featured Bockelman in angel wings and leggings, frolicking with Alessandra Ambrosio and Irina Shayk and a white standard poodle. Or maybe you saw the haircut last June, in the New York Times story on the Calvin Klein Collection men’s runway presentation in Milan. Bockelman opened and closed the show, pulling off four looks in the process—a logistical feat that was a record for the house, its men’s creative director, Italo Zucchelli, told me afterward.

Or maybe you are aware of Bockelman because you follow him on Instagram (@clark_bockelman). There, the haircut costars in the adventures of 21-year-old Clark Bockelman, who leaps out of airplanes (he has logged nearly five hundred skydives) and drinks brown-bagged Heinekens in Washington Square Park. In a video shot by his Belgian-model girlfriend, Marloes Stevens, Bockelman also performs a male take on twerking, backstage at a Macy’s shoot. He likes to punctuate certain posts with the hashtag #SHITSON, a generational proclamation of amazement.

“I’ve never been self-conscious about anything, really,” Bockelman said over a lunch of mussels and pasta at a French bistro in Long Island City, on a lazy Thursday afternoon. He wore jeans, a T-shirt, and a four-day beard. “I always try to root everything back to skydiving. There’s a quote, I can’t remember who said it: ‘If you can step out into nothing, three miles over the ground, you can do anything.’ ”

As Weber put it, on the phone, “He’s a daredevil—that’s the rare word I’d use to describe Clark…. People aren’t like that anymore. People are worried about their careers.”

Gregarious, hyperstimulated, and as self-interested as any other gorgeous, Web-abled American boy in his age bracket, Bockelman may be the millennial male-model ideal. His look (strong, fine) and attitude (in a word: YOLO) seem tailor-made for the current socio-fashion moment. And when you talk to industry tastemakers such as Zucchelli and Weber, it sounds all but inevitable that Clark Bockelman is on the way to Big Deal status.

“That’s why Clark fits in perfectly: [He] gives me that American-ness, that strength, that confidence, but also [he] is very elegant, is less beefy,” Zucchelli said recently at the Calvin Klein offices in midtown. “If you see him without clothes on, you’re like, ‘How could somebody be made like that?’ I’m looking for more elegance. I put more emphasis on that part now, in comparison to ten years ago.”

Bockelman was born and raised in the suburbs of Indianapolis. Nine months ago, he was a junior at the University of Denver. After spending the winter term sailing the Caribbean in a 135-foot hermaphrodite brigantine as part of a semester at sea, an agent friend of a family friend introduced Bockelman to Weber. Two days later, he was on set. He has since worked with the star-making photographer on shoots for Moncler and Abercrombie & Fitch, and has signed with Wilhelmina for representation.

“What I’ve been working on with the agency recently is trying to establish me as a brand, which would be a good thing,” Bockelman said. “Linking all my social media together: Facebook fan page, Twitter, Instagram. Getting them all really strong, so I’ve got a bunch of followers behind me, so when something comes out about me, people know that’s not just some random face, like all the ads.”

He hit 2,000 followers on Instagram the night before, news he presented with an appropriately sarcastic “big news—not really.” Lately, he posted pictures that show him summiting Mount Rainier. An honest-to-god 4-H product with an obsessive outdoorsman’s streak, Bockelman bow-hunts when he can and has promised himself that he will scale Mount Everest before he’s 30.

A young man this active is understandably annoyed by the schedule of a developing model: long stretches of inactivity punctuated by last-minute calls. “Right now, they’re trying to figure out what they want to do with me,” he said. “Whoever’s interested in me is going to want me just for them, and they’re trying to figure out who that is. I’ve seen Calvin Klein, I’ve seen Ralph Lauren. I’m going to see Nautica. I’m sure I’ll see a few more people…”
Well, ****, son.
wwd.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VITO300
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->