Does fashion need "supermodels"?

I think all the fashion world needs are models with the right character to represent the clothes they wear on stage. In other words, the right character breathes life to the clothes and makes it look alive and appealing. Who needs a supermodel anyway when that super can't make it super at all?!!!

It takes all kinds to make the world work... so I do think there is a place for supermodels. Do I think 'supermodel' should define 'model'? No way! I would love to see more real people in all shapes, sizes, ages and ethnicities waltzing up and down the catwalks. B)

I don't think the fashion world needs supermodels that live up to linda, naomi and christy. when I look back at photos of from that era I couldn't imagine them being marketed anything more than just commercial. we have top models today that are only recognised by people who actually follow fashion, what's so bad about that.

Of course we need supermodels!! As much as cinema needs stars, fashion needs supermodels! But I think the last one was Gisele, now a days we don't see a model who is recognized by ordinary people. If I asked to my mother who is Gemma Ward, she wouldn't know. I think we have almost supermodels, like Daria and even Gemma, but supermodels...NO! Now, for a model to become a supermodel, she needs to do it all by herself, like Gisele did. It's too difficult!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->