DSCq_0077.jpg
8640.921684.jpg
8880.297062.jpg
3080.9731609.jpg
9930.1968612.jpg
DSCf_0046.jpg
DSCf_0063.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg

From Vancouver, Fraser as discovered by Len of I Model Management at a model search. With a handsome factor that is off the charts, Fraser was recently in Milan where his sculptured body and profile created a flurry of interest. Fraser is capable of high fashion but also suits commercial, so this incredible guy has all bases covered.
stats

Full Name:
Fraser Barke

Hair:
Black
Eyes:
Brown
Height:
187cm / 6′1.5″

Place of Origin:
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Date of Birth:
May 28
agencies

Mother Agency:
I Model Management

NY:
Q Model Management NY

Milan:
BOOM Models Agency

Los Angeles:
Bleu Model Management

Germany:
Louisa Models Munich

Toronto:
Elmer Olsen Model Management

Montreal:
Folio Montreal

Vancouver:
Richard’s International Model Management
models

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s been a busy six months for Fraser Barke. After winning the 2010 Vancouver Gay Top Model competition in April, Fraser has already traveled across North America from Seattle to Toronto to New York and will soon be working with Wilhelmina Models in Miami.

fraser-barke.jpg
“It's really been a whirlwind since winning Gay Top Model,” said Barke. From the cover of Fantasticmag (photo right) to print ads for The Bay, Walmart and Hakim Optical, Barke has not been suffering for work. But while he has seen a lot of jobs come his way since his win, he tells us winning wasn’t actually all that important to him at the time - he was more in it for the fun and fundraising.
“I just had a blast doing the Gay Top Model competition and meeting all the awesome guys and raising money for Friends For Life,” he said.
Being a realist however, Barke doesn’t think he would have been able to do what he has done if he had not won GTM. “I most likely would have not attempted talking or meeting any agencies, assuming that if I couldn't win a local competition, the rest of the city, country, and world wouldn't want me either.”

Despite all the travel and work he has been doing though, Barke tells us that there is a price to pay and for him it is in maintaining his “look”, something he quickly learned was the key to being a successful model.

“You have to always be clean, in shape, perfect skin, white teeth,” he explained. “I went to New York Fashion Week and that is when you have to be in tip-top shape. There are hundreds of guys trying to get that spot on the runway, so you have got to look the best. I didn't. So it was a learning experience for sure.”

He also found the pace a little tough during his time in New York, running to appointments all over the city while trying to keep himself looking good. “During New York Fashion Week you would have one casting on 5th Avenue and East 57th Street, and within 20 minutes you would have to be in Greenwich on the Lower West Side. Running in the heat, looking like a star, is very hard,” he laughed.
But whether it is maintaining his “look” or running all around Manhattan Island, Barke tells us he is having a great deal of fun traveling and meeting all kinds of different models from around the world. He admits the pay is pretty awesome, too.

With the fourth season of Gay Top Model about to launch, Barke has a single piece of advice for future contestants: “Don't compare yourself to others. Ever. You have your own unique look. Every agency, photographer and client have a "look" they want.”

And from what Barke tells us, maintaining that “look”, whatever it might be, is key to making it in the world of modelling. He should know.

gayvancouver.net

Wow, so there's a show there's a reality tv modeling show for gay guys?! That's interesting.

qmodels.com

fraser.jpg

I’m from West Vancouver, British Columbia, one of the most beautiful cities in the world!

You can go from the ocean to the top of the mountain in less than half an hour in the area I live in.

I have a passion for hockey (playing more so than watching) and a lot of other sports.

My first test shoot was actually part of the competition win for a local magazine that was really fun! I got to wear amazing clothes and had a cool mo-hawk haircut.

So far, the best thing would have to be the traveling. I am going to Germany and Italy soon, and I have never been! It’s very exciting to travel to all these countries and cities and live there

A fashionista?

I am usually running back and forth to the gym, so I am always prepared to have a good work out!

In his IPOD
Anything I can run too!
worldofmodels.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VITO300
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->