Model Casting F/W 2022.23

Can someone explain the casting mess that Balmain has turned into? He used to have some of the best casts but in the last couple of seasons (with the exception of last season) it seriously lost its star power. Did his budget go down?

Can someone explain the casting mess that Balmain has turned into? He used to have some of the best casts but in the last couple of seasons (with the exception of last season) it seriously lost its star power. Did his budget go down?
I was thinking the same thing. 101 looks of complete irrelevance, crazy. His last good casting was back in 2017 with Natasha Poly, Natalia Vodianova, etc

Best friends-models ever.Smart and nice.They are so fun to watch backstage.There has to be a cover with all three of them at some point.

vogue

I would add Kiki Williems, they are very close friends, had a vacation together last january

Yasmin Warsame was an absolute delight at Saint Laurent, and think Gigi Hadid at Coperni today was the best she's looked in months!

For the life of me I cannot fathom why any brand wants to hire Lila Moss beyond the obvious but other than that and the ugly hooded dress they put rianne in - Coperni casting was great. Agreed Gigi looks the best she has in ages. Her face is rounder than before and when they try to aggressively contour it looks awful. Also think the pink suits her!

Yeah I’ll never understand why people cast Kate Moss Jr (besides the name).

Underwhelming cast at Isabel Marant...

Vivien Solari before Amber Valletta at Chloé made my day though. The kind of striking mature face I miss seeing on the runway. Obviously not the best outfit but she looked so good!

Hate to be one of those people, but for me the Isabel Marant cast lacked the effortless glamour of past seasons. A lot of models I like in others shows just looked out of place.

I’m over models being given those blunt, chin-length bobs or the Mica Argañaraz-haircut; it’s become kind of a meme.

For the life of me I cannot fathom why any brand wants to hire Lila Moss beyond the obvious but other than that and the ugly hooded dress they put rianne in - Coperni casting was great. Agreed Gigi looks the best she has in ages. Her face is rounder than before and when they try to aggressively contour it looks awful. Also think the pink suits her!
I do think her sister looked way better at Coperni and this FW Gigi best appearance was for Versace and Isabel Marant .
Casting this season so far is so boring nothing really exciting and I wonder if we will get some surprises coming with the few shows left but my exceptions are low...

Is this thread full of model agents or mother agents promoting their talent? Honest question.
Also answering the Balmain question, they never had to pay for models as it was a direct feeder for French vogue in the roitfeld/Alt days. Most talent would fly themselves for those shows. They still don't and neither does Isabel marant. The brands and their designers just want what they want.

I'm curious if the big houses book Russian models with the war going on....

Isn’t Steinberg russian? She did Saint Laurent and Dior

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jojopupra
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->