Post a Totally Random Moment From Fashion History...

Abbey Lee cried at Lanvin Spring 2011

full documentary here:

“If I could go back in time, I’d tell him to go f*ck himself”

What I hate from the Abbey Lee moment is that people also forget that Alber himself was under high pressure. And therefore expects him, to have a rational, empathetic reaction right away…

What I hate from the Abbey Lee moment is that people also forget that Alber himself was under high pressure. And therefore expects him, to have a rational, empathetic reaction right away…
I hope she's reconsidered what she said about him since then, not because he passed but because he actually seems kind and empathetic in that video. The professional world in most fields is far more brutal and merciless and if you can't perform an essential function (which walking is, when hired to WALK in a show), you're flushed, no 'if you could just let me wear another pair..' nonsense.

When she first talked about the insults she wished she had said to him, I got a pretty bad impression from her.. she just seemed so retro-aggressive for no reason, but.. just learned she battled with endometriosis for many many years, undiagnosed, and I know from close friends (and being familiar with maybe a 3% of the pain they feel) how excruciating that can be so hopefully she's rewired some memories and it's all just one series of unfortunate circumstances due to medical incompetence.

Vogue's Night Out
2013_02_anna-wintour-fashions-night-out.0.jpgdavid3.jpg

"One of the battles I lost was over Fashion's Night Out, an evening that was meant to boost retail in the world's capitals after the 2008 financial crisis.

International Vogues were to help stores host events to get shoppers to open their wallets. It might have worked in New York, but by year two, the flagship stores in London's Bond Street were begging us not to do it — the event saw their shiny shop floors flooded with people enjoying free champagne but not spending a penny.

When I read the recent announcement of Vogue World, a gala evening at London's Drury Lane in September in support the city's creative industries, I felt a frisson of recognition."
Alexandra Shulman

Super great read, like that Lucinda Chambers's interview

tumblr_mjwvj7svUR1ql5yr7o3_250.gifv
tumblr_mjwvj7svUR1ql5yr7o4_250.gifv

oh-so-coco.tumblr.com

This 'controversial' 'disrespectful' cover from the pro-Biden Anna lol
She chose and wore her own clothes BTW

1613732104499.jpg

Furthermore, Wintour said that "there was no formal agreement" about which of the two photos would be used as the cover, but that the Vogue staff felt the less formal portrait better "reflected the moment that we were living in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Frikandel
    Back
    monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
    <-- Admiral -->