Prada - The Campaign Archive

mikeijames

no tom ford, no thanks.
Reaction score
I am simply in love with the Prada Fall/Winter 2003-2004 campaign starring the now "it" model Daria Werbowy. I just don't know what the male model's name is who shares the campaign with her and where can I find scans of the male portion of the campaign. I have run into this same problem with many of the male side of my favorite campaigns (finding the male side of the Terry Richardson campaign for Gucci Fall/Winter 2001...is impossible!)

any suggestions?

He's Australian and is a "Miuccia darling". He featured in the Prada campaigns in 2002 as well.

Sydney agent: Cameron's
London agent: Take 2

Harry was in Prada fall 2001, spring 2002, spring 2003, and fall 2003. Miuccia must really love this guy!

Originally posted by vivadixie@Jan 13th, 2004 - 4:04 am
He's Australian and is a "Miuccia darling".
I thought Gemma ward was going to be in this prada campaign aswell or was that spring/summer.
It wouldve been cool though too have 2 aussies in the same campaign and it looks like Gemmas the new darling for Miuccia too!

Harry Kinkead is completely unknown in Australia because when he comes home... he comes for a holiday. Also he is a very low profile kind of guy and most of his friends dont even know what he does. He became a model by accident... not because he wanted to. He has now done 5 Prada campaigns which is unheard of in this industry. When M. Prada was asked why she booked him again... she replied...'because Harry is so nice... and Harry is so funny.... I couldn't be bothered to get anyone else'. :innocent:

photographed by Mario Sorrenti

061104_9.jpg

Originally posted by Atelier@Jul 6th, 2004 - 11:10 pm
Gorgeous. An instant classic.
There is a classic feeling to that photograph..

Originally posted by Terrima183@Jul 7th, 2004 - 2:53 pm
She has this uncanny resemblance to Phoebe Philo :huh: but it works :flower: Daria though!
I've never really noticed before but now that you mention it,I can sort of see it! It's an alright campaign... :heart:

I like the photograph, but I wish they had incorporated the bottle into it - it looks like they just slapped the bottle of perfume at the bottom of the ad because they couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. It's not a very unified composition.

Originally posted by wantmonster@Jul 7th, 2004 - 3:33 am
I like the photograph, but I wish they had incorporated the bottle into it - it looks like they just slapped the bottle of perfume at the bottom of the ad because they couldn't think of anywhere else to put it. It's not a very unified composition.
agreed!
the photo seems to have a softer, more relaxed look and feel, but the shape and size of the bottle in the picture seems too harsh... it looks like it wants to blend in, but can't or can't decide if it really wants to. daria looks absolutely beautiful in the photograph nonetheless...as she always does :heart:

Daria is Prada... or so it seems! :flower:

Not my favourite photograph, but it works.

Originally posted by wantmonster@Jul 7th, 2004 - 2:33 am
It's not a very unified composition.
pretty simple composition, I think most ppl could do that and the "natural" (or photoshop) lighting seems to have gone over the top. Theres no genius in the photo and its just another B&W portraiture/M.S that has been done a million times over. What maked it unique...nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giuliagiachetti
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->