Runway Mishaps

at a s/s missoni show, gisele's shoe's ankle strap came off as she was posing at the end of the runway and she kicked it at the front row :lol:

That's classic! :woot: I wish I could see some of this stuff :lol:

Originally posted by loserunit+Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loserunit @ Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by brian@Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:49 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-AlmostFamous
@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
That Gucci show was a disaster waiting to happen.  LOOK what they are walking on.  Heels can easily get caught in that sheepskin, or whatever that is.  It would be "sad" if they girl just sat there.  But, they always get up.  No one is really ever laughing at them.  Its funny when anyone falls, even if it isn't on a runway.

It happens to the best of them. :smile:

I don't think it's sheepskin. That would've been extremely expensive. And I mean extremely. It was nonetheless, "a disaster waiting to happen," as you put it. And whomever designed that set was on crack. Five inch heels and textured surfaces such as that do not mix!
it looks like velvet [/b][/quote]
Actually I do think that it was sheepskin or at least some type of fur. I remember watching a video clip from the show and someone mentioned a fur on the runway.

Anyways, I felt bad for that girl. Did it hurt her getting booked for shows afterwards?

I don't think I've seen too much of her if any at all after the show :huh:

Did anyone see Louse Pederson bump into and stumble into some model during Michael Kors' Fall 2003 show? I feel so bad for the models who fall. I don't even want to think about it...it's sad. I love them.

Classic: Naomi Campbell with those platforms at Viviene Westwood. Super sensationalized. :rolleyes:

It was sheepskin at the Gucci show. I really do feel bad for that girl. She stumbled and feel like 3 times...

EVERYONE trips at the dior show. Every season, someone or other does so.

Buy my favorite fashion mishaps has to be;
Angela Lindvall tripping this season at Dior...
Nadine Strittmater being pounced on by PeTA at Dior...
Karen Elson falling flat on her face at Dior...
Maria Carla tripping at Alessandro Del'Acqua...

Hmmm... I see a trend here....

Originally posted by ChinaLove@Jan 7th, 2004 - 3:59 pm

Buy my favorite fashion mishaps has to be;
Angela Lindvall tripping this season at Dior...
Nadine Strittmater being pounced on by PeTA at Dior...
Karen Elson falling flat on her face at Dior...
Maria Carla tripping at Alessandro Del'Acqua...

Hmmm... I see a trend here....
EVERYONE NEEDS TO STOP FALLING AT DIOR!!! :lol: :rofl:

Hopefully John won't be doing anymore 7" heels :wink:

Naomi Campbell falling over in Vivienne Westwood's platforms is probably the most classic :ninja:

Originally posted by doo888@Jan 7th, 2004 - 9:25 pm
Naomi Campbell falling over in Vivienne Westwood's platforms is probably the most classic :ninja:
agreed

What do you expect in 12-inch heels? :doh:

naomikl.jpg

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Jan 8th, 2004 - 6:14 am
What do you expect in 12-inch heels? :doh:
On an interview... Naomi said that the trick is that those platforms had the center of gravity on a different place... you were supposed to put your weight to the front .. or was it to the back?
Anyway..tricky indeed!

Last edited by a moderator:
:wink:
I'm searching for past threads and I stumbled on this. Teehee. Models tripping...
As Calvin's (Calvin & Hobbes) dad would say, "it builds character". :smile:
Besides, the models get applauded nonetheless. Happens to the best of them.

Originally posted by loserunit+Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:53 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(loserunit @ Jan 4th, 2004 - 5:53 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by brian@Jan 4th, 2004 - 3:49 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-AlmostFamous
@Jan 4th, 2004 - 1:59 pm
That Gucci show was a disaster waiting to happen.  LOOK what they are walking on.  Heels can easily get caught in that sheepskin, or whatever that is.  It would be "sad" if they girl just sat there.  But, they always get up.  No one is really ever laughing at them.  Its funny when anyone falls, even if it isn't on a runway.

It happens to the best of them. :smile:

I don't think it's sheepskin. That would've been extremely expensive. And I mean extremely. It was nonetheless, "a disaster waiting to happen," as you put it. And whomever designed that set was on crack. Five inch heels and textured surfaces such as that do not mix!
it looks like velvet [/b][/quote]
It was actually faux sheepskin. I may have been expensive, but then again Gucci has even covered their runway in rose petals......can't get much more expensive then that, unless you covered the runway in chinchilla or sable fur.

I don't know about those Westwood shoes, but the Dior shoes from last fall probably aren't very difficult to walk in if you have experience wearing heels. Remember that models, especially at a Dior shoe are walking at a really fast pace and the force one foot in front of the other......mabye with a normal walk they could actually be worn.

I meant posting in this thread a few days ago! How ironic :lol:

Anyhow, I agree about the Dior... :innocent:

mums.jpg

Although some of those models must've been pretty experienced! Some of them glided on air in those fetish heels, as if nothing. Karolina Kurkova especially. :wub:

...Alek Wek nearly tripped and narrowly escaped a broken ankle, as well.. :ninja:

Anyhow, Bettina Weitze falling at that show was so sad :( Poor, poor girl. She was down for quite a few seconds... you know that had to hurt.

She was never hired again for Dior! :cry:

I uploaded a video of the fall for any of you who care enough to see it:

http://plastichalo.net/brian/temp/bettina_falls.avi
(640x480 resolution; 3.88mb; right click & "save as...")

That outlandish strut they have to do on the runway looks like it is also a culprit for tripping and twisting ankles. They cross their legs over very severely and take gigantic steps, yet hardly bend their knees. On almost all of these photos, you can see where the girl set her foot down wrong...a little on the side, and just rolled over on her ankle. I have done this a zillion times when I am hurrying and it is almost always a guaranteed sprain. The way they have to walk, combined with the sort of shoes they have to walk in is basically an equation for disaster.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Apr 29th, 2004 - 7:23 pm
That outlandish strut they have to do on the runway looks like it is also a culprit for tripping and twisting ankles. They cross their legs over very severely and take gigantic steps, yet hardly bend their knees. On almost all of these photos, you can see where the girl set her foot down wrong...a little on the side, and just rolled over on her ankle. I have done this a zillion times when I am hurrying and it is almost always a guaranteed sprain. The way they have to walk, combined with the sort of shoes they have to walk in is basically an equation for disaster.
I'd definitely have to agree with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->