2013 Style Resolutions

carolinab

Reaction score
After a closet cleaning I decided this year I'm going to buy key pieces, a beige trenchcoat, a new navy sweater, more jeans, new boots (black chelsea boots and some brown ones.) I also have a lot of heels and one really beautiful riding boots I never wear because I'm too afraid of ruining them. I have to fix some clothes -put buttons, get a skirt tailored. I have lots of clothes but I'm kind getting tired of them so I think buying accesories is a nice way to give a new twist.
I finally I completed the cycle from high school to college, so I think the things I buy this year are going to be around for a long time.

So, what are you going to do next year about your style? :D

-One of my resolutions is to purchase more vintage clothing and accessories in the new year. I would really like to expand this part of my wardrobe and I think 2013 is the year to really start.
-Try to cut down on buying "fast fashion" and shoddily made clothes. It doesn't do anyone any good to support such industry habits. Though, this one I feel like will be a bit harder to do but hopefully I can cut down on how much I purchase.
-To only buy clothes that I love. And to continue to have fun with what I wear.

- to dress and feel chic and sexy every day of the year, to be confident and feel comfortable in what I wear
- to make the best out of my wardrobe and not spend money on new clothes, because I don't have any money to spend on clothes, haha
- to start saving up for the perfect black leather jacket

- to be very careful about what I buy. I don't want to make unnecessary purchases, and I don't think I did much of that in 2012 but I still want to be extra careful.

- more black

- focus on quality

- have some of my clothing tailored, which I've been putting off for some reason

-a monthly shopping list of 3-4 things I need that are missing from my closet, focusing on well made, substantial items that I will wear more than once and have years to come. For me, the days of buying overtly trendy or "runway" looks are taking a much needed hiatus, as I wear them once and then store them.

-focus on shoes and shirts, two articles of clothing that do not get nearly enough attention in my closet. I'm a denim junkie, but that too is on hiatus! Really need an modern, all black heeled loafer

-more black and more jackets.

- accessories=done! Just bought a new Givenchy bag and I will use it daily. I have more than enough of everything else!

Buying 1 big-ticket (for me) item per month maximum! Let's see if I can stop shopping as much this year....

Loving this topic! I definitely need to go shopping less/spend less.

One thing I'm always doing is buying something that I'm not going to wear enough.
Lately I've been thinking long and hard about each purchase.

What a lot of women go though while they grow up is learning not to buy things because they're cheap, and learning to save up for the big, perfect purchase they have to have because it's so necessary/amazing. I've been doing a lot better at that, but god, it took a couple decades :ninja: I think it's because my father was so frugal, and I'd hear his voice any time I'd want something just a bit more expensive. In the end though, I firmly believe you save more money by getting the perfect thing that's a bit more, than 5 stupid cheap things that just take up room in your closet.

Something else I did this year was get a rid of a lot of stuff in my closet and donate it to the Salvation Army.

I need to buy less cheap imperfect bags and buy only great, mature, sophisticated bags.

-To only buy clothes that I love. And to continue to have fun with what I wear.

I'm stealing these resolutions! ^_^:flower: I like 'em.

My others:
-- less black clothing. I somehow wound up with a LOT of black and realized I'd rather have patterns or at least lighter colors.
-- no more bags unless it's something VERY high quality. I have several good handbags that I like & use, but for some reason with handbags I always long for total artistic perfection lol... I want to get one really high-end bag just to kill the itch! :ninja:
-- to spend a little more on the clothes I buy. I'm tired of settling for boring, lower quality, less 'me' clothing just because it's inexpensive...
-- buy/wear more jewelry. I really don't bother with accessories other than good sunglasses and bags, usually.

I couldn’t believe how much clothes I have especially those that I haven’t worn for year. I need to do a complete spring cleaning and this is a perfect timing since I just moved to a new place in LA. I have so many clothes for clubbing, but not enough for work. I plan to buy jeans and more jeans. I am super skinny and it’s hard to find the jean that fits me. Oh, I am more into Japanese stuff now. :smile:

- to be very careful about what I buy. I don't want to make unnecessary purchases, and I don't think I did much of that in 2012 but I still want to be extra careful.

- more black

- focus on quality

- have some of my clothing tailored, which I've been putting off for some reason

+ buy more shoes
:D

- Look for at least two perfect trousers. I always tend to avoid buying them because they are the most difficult item for me. But I have to do that. Soon.

- Wear lots of dresses and buy at least one new dress per season. I always feel best and look best in a dress (and I have to wear less trousers that way, too :lol:)

- Buy more "classic" shoes. I have a lot of statement shoes now and that is great, but I think I might also need some more classic and simple styles.

- Wear head bands, hats and in generally experiment with my hair styling.

I want to add:

- Wear every beautiful piece I have. Sometimes I feel afraid of wearing something because I don't want to ruin it. But better ruin it than never wear it, right?

- Read books instead of browsing on my IPhone when travelling to work by train.

To continue to buy clothes, shoes & bags from ebay, charity shops etc

i really want to incorporate more sneakers into my wardrobe, and have a variety of 7 different black jeans/trousers by Spring. I also want to have a new leather jacket by Spring

I've spent the last year ditching the wardrobe I've grown out and rebuilding the basics - buying mostly for daywear - so I aim to even it out with some more evening and formal wear. In a lookout for light, feminine blouses & dresses and accessories to complement.
Plus, never forget to be as meticulous on innerwear (lingerie, gym & toe socks) as well.

• Find time to make more clothes for myself
  • Finish the pending upcycling projects
  • Try and buy quality staples that I feel good in
  • Try to cut down on cheap crappy stuff because it ends up being more expensive than it seems at the beginning
  • Have fun and feel good in my clothes

Shop less!
Mix up outfits more.
Layer.
Try different things.
I have so many clothes already so I just want to get maximum use out of what I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->