77th Academy Awards Thread

i think it's so cool that she's wearing the same dress she wore at the russian charity event last year:D :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Misako said:
LOL! That's all I understood, too! I've taken french for six years, and I was sitting there, TRYING so hard to pick out ONE word that sounded like french, and really, "nuit" was it. And even that was "nuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeetttttt". LOL. Oh man, whoever decided Beyonce should sing three songs should be shot. haha

:rofl: Anyone I know speaking french were laughing like crazy at her singing. It was terrible. LOL.

More :

- Oprah Winfrey : Vera Wang
- Penelope Cruz : Oscar De La renta
- Melanie Griffith : Versace
- Clive Owen : Giorgio Armani
- Sandra Oh : Michael Kors

impossibleprincess said:
she is also very pale, which adds to her unhealthy look. Gisele looked amazing.

It really says something when soemone who stays out of the sun is considered 'unhealthy' and someone who obviously sunbathes religiously is considered healthy. Wait 15 years........Wonder how healthy that tan is going to be.......:innocent:

It really says something when soemone who stays out of the sun is considered 'unhealthy' and someone who obviously sunbathes religiously is considered healthy. Wait 15 years........Wonder how healthy that tan is going to be.......
whistling.gif

I don't think she meant it that way...just that Renee is very pale (which is good! I like pale, myself) but with the combination of her makeup, hair colour, dress colour, etc...she just looked sickly.

Ms. Johansson was my favourite of the night, although I would say that being a huge fan of hers. She can do no wrong, in my opinion.

Other favourites: Gisele (she looked positively glowing - I'm glad she attended), Vanessa Paradis, Natalia Vodianova, Kirsten Dunst, Natalie Portman and Cate Blanchett.

Misako said:
I don't think she meant it that way...just that Renee is very pale (which is good! I like pale, myself) but with the combination of her makeup, hair colour, dress colour, etc...she just looked sickly.

she looked like bjork.

Ok, so here's the list once again, reviewed and corrected this time: :flower:

- Beyonce Knowles : vintage Atelier Versace

- Hilary Swank : Guy Laroche and Chopard jewels

- Renee Zellwegger : Carolina Herrera, Manolo Blahnik shoes, and Judith Leiber clutch

- Halle Berry : Atelier Versace

- Emmy Rossum : Ralph Lauren and Harry Winston jewels

- Sophie Okonedo : Rochas

- Salma Hayek : custom made Prada

- Catalina Sandino Moreno : Roberto Cavalli a Rickard Shaw clutch

- Zhang Ziyi : Monique Lhuillier and Bvlgari jewlery

- Cate Blanchett : Valentino couture

- Natalie Portman : Lanvin

- Laura Linney : J.Mendel and a Bottega Veneta clutch

- Gisele Bundchen : Dior Haute couture

- Leonardo DiCaprio : Prada

- Charlize Theron : Dior Haute couture and Bulgari jewels

- Vanessa Paradis : Chanel Spring 05 couture

- Kate Winslet : Badgley Mischka

- Scarlett Johansson : Roland Mouret and Tod's clutch

- Virginia Madsen : Atelier Versace

- Annette Bening : in Armani Privé and a Rickard Shaw clutch

- Gwyneth Paltrow : Stella McCartney and Jimmy Choo shoes

- Oprah Winfrey : Vera Wang

- Penelope Cruz : Oscar De La renta with a Daniel Swarovski handbag and Chopard jewels

- Melanie Griffith : Versace

- Clive Owen : Giorgio Armani

- Sandra Oh : Michael Kors

- Drew Barrymore : Atelier Versace

- Jake Gyllenhaal : Valentino

- Maggie Gyllenhaal : Prada

- Kirsten Dunst : Chanel Fall 05 Couture

- Imelda Staunton : John Bright

- Don Cheadle : Valentino

- Kim Porter : Zac Posen

- Karolina Kurkova : Proenza & Schouler

Renee needs to change her hair color she s pale and the black hair isn t working so well with her skin and the fact that she wore red contrasting so much with her skin and hair just made it even more obvious that she s ...pale. She should gain just a bit more weight too. But I still love her, for me she ll always be Bridget Jones:heart: :heart: :heart:

didn't hear the song beyonce sand in french . . . sounds like i was lucky.

She looked totally amazing, however!!!!
Wowza, she's great.

nornor

Beyonce liked hot in every out fit she wore. She was so classy. I saw a couple of web sites that were basically hating on her, but i think if everyone is honest with themsevles they will admit that she sang wonderfully and she looked great. Also someone said she messed up the french song which is understandable to me she doesn't speak french.

Any way here are some pictures.

77th_academy_awards_ber1.ipg

Last edited by a moderator:
This year's Oscars was a pretty ho-hum event marked by the lack of exciting upsets, A-list presenters, and memorable fashion choices. In terms of fashion, there was not a single stand-out, but there were some good ones...

Good:
Cate Blanchett: She barely hit a wrong note during her hugely successful press junket for The Aviator so my expectation was much higher. I do like her dress--it was pretty and fun--but I didn't think it was Oscar-worthy.

Emmy Rossum: This woman is about as boring as it gets and her signature "I am so clueless" smile annoys me to no end, but tonight colors worked brilliantly on her. Dark hair, pale skin, crimson gown... The only thing that was short from perfect was the personality-less wearer.

Julie Delpy: White looked great on her and don't blame her for not stepping it up--it's become an award etiquette to not steal the show unless you are nominated. She was very, very classy. Why shout when you can whisper.

Penelope Cruz: Another one that looked great in yellow. In theory, neither Blanchett nor Cruz would be able to pull that color off during to their own complexion. Their makeup was genius.

Selma Blair (at the party:( I've never seen her look this good, and I am normally not a fan.

Okay:
Gisele Bundchen: I agree, too Jennifer Aniston-y. But the gown looked better on her than on the runway.

Natalie Portman: Obviously too short to pull off the Goddessy gown. Blanchett could've done better with it. But she was cute form the waist up.

Catalina Sandino Moreno: I don't think she looks cheap, contrary to popular opinion.

Kate Winslet: She's a great actress but her screen charisma doesn't translate to fashion. She never elevates the outfit she wears, no matter how carefully chosen. Pretty but not at all memorable.

Split:
Beyonce: Tacky.

Charlize Theron: Lovely makeup and hair, but the gown was way too much. Plus, Nicole Kidman already did that color last year.

Kirsten Dunst: The gown is breathtaking but doesn't go well with her plantinum hair. She looks old and a bit like Julia Stiles.

Scarlett Johansson: I've been saying this forever, but she continues to channel Gwen Stefani. I love the cut of her Roland Mouret gown, but her hair and makeup were terrible.

Bad:
Hilary Swank, Renee Zellweger (how quickly she goes from best dressed to worst dressed), Virginia Madsen (reminds me of a blue Lacrioux gown Catherine Zeta-Jones wore a couple years ago), Drew Barrymore (so gothic), Salma Hayek (looks like a p*rn star, I am sorry), Melanie Griffith (needs no explanation).

MulletProof said:
i think it's so cool that she's wearing the same dress she wore at the russian charity event last year:D :heart:

Agreed -it is nice when stars reuse clothes because it shows that they aren't so ostentatious. I wonder about the waste sometimes. I LOVE her shoes. Does anyone know who they are by?

As for Renee -the wierdness is because her hair is too dark. Other than some Chinese people, if you look at people who are naturally pale skinned and dark haired you will see that the hair is moderately dark brown. It just looks black in comparison to the skin. People who have naturally black (well dark dark dark brown) hair are usually Asian, or Latino and have darker skin -and of course the orientals from the far East like the Chinese even though many of them have brown hair too.

I love gwenyth's look!! she lost the baby weigth and she just looks so fresh and happy. Her hair looks nice too.
As for Beyonce, I couldn't stand her either. It was halirous how she was trying to throw in some of her facial expressions from the "Baby Boy" music video in the Les Choisels song. When she was doing the POTO song, I swear she looked like she was trying to model a Chandelier.

scandinavianchic said:
Did Nicole Rrichie get a nosejob?

Zooey looks fab!

that's what i think too cuz it's so much shapelier and weight loss might make your face slimmer and thus the nose stand out too but her's had to be retouched by a docter

I wasnt able to watch the awards last night but does anyone know if brad pitt or jennifer anniston showed up for the awards or after party????

my picks

best dressed

natalie portman--made me forget all about that chloe frock she wore to the gg...i'm also glad she's moved beyond zac posen

cate blanchett--this woman excludes class

kirsten dunst--although she went with black, the silhouette was unexpected and her hair/accessories were right on target.

vanessa paradis--another one who never misses....black sparkly tulle, red lips, hot man on arm...!

second tier

gwyneth paltrow--love it from the waist up...it would have been great in a color

drew barrymore--very modern glamour

beyonce (in the black velvet vintage versace)--finally got close, but still not there yet.

salma hayek--va va va voom...i just wish her hair wasn't so high.

nope
melanie griffith--ewwww....

hilary swank--sorry, but i'm not loving this dress, low back and all. she spent months training to achieve that body. would have been nice to see some of it.

penelope cruz--another predictable choice from her...hated that huge back bow.

halle berry--limp hair, washed out dress...where is the halle of old??

renee zellweger--please stop...even when audrey hepburn collaborated with givenchy, she didn't look the same every time we saw her on the red carpet.

(and emmy rossum...you're in danger of becoming the younger version of renee...you're young! show some variety!!)

capt.kdk13602272345.oscars_kdk136.jpg

attachment.php

i know it's different designers and color but seriously everything else is practically identical!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silvercat90
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->