A Million Little Lies:Is Frey writing Fiction?

lunabella said:
i don't see why it matters is the book is fiction or non-fiction. as long as it's interesting, that's all that matters. any good writer embellishes some of the details.

have you read the book? im still a fan of his, but if you read it, you'll realise what all the fuss is about-it's sickening at points but Frey writes in such a way that you really believe it-especially the part where you goes to the dentist after his teeth are smashed in-so if you are then told he made it up, it's a bit shocking.

what bothers me is that he made up all the criminal parts. He focuses heavily on it! I've read the book and admit it's a good read.. however it's upsetting to be told at first it's all "real" and then to be told it's "fiction".

All the 'fiction' bits throughout the story, do not define this book, or the message it is conveying. I believe the embellishments are simply there to enhance the reading, and to help further project the bold and dark message of drug abuse and rehabilitation.
of course the memoir element of this book is what made it so compelling, but on the whole this book is still a memoir.
I admit that to know that parts of the book were not true, was a shock, and i had my doubts. but once I thought about it, the parts that actually matter in the story are still there, and still true.

a note from the author at the start of the book stating that parts of the story are embellished, would solve everything!! although it seems a little late.

it wouldn't be a huge deal except his book is so gory and unbelievable in the details, and oprah and others asked him over and over whether all that stuff was true, and he kept saying yes. were his interviews all "memoires" too, lol?! i thought interviews are fundamentally "nonfiction"...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrigitteXCX
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->