Victoria Beckham is writing a book on fashion!

taperjeangirl said:
Well it could have been worse ..... Geri Halliwell aka Ginger could have done the interviews!

Actually Arturo as i have stressed in my previous posts no I do not think she has a link to fashion the fact that she wears head to toe designer labels has somehow got her a "style icon" tag. I have also said that style is something you can not buy or be given it is something you learn. A girl/guy can wear head to toe Wal Mart/Tescos and be more stylish then somebody who wears head to toe Versace or Cavalli.

Just imagine Elbazs' face when he saw her come into the room :D

I agree with you in all points stated above, my opinion was only launched and based upon the fact that she believes herself to be a style icon, as you say (others agree :ninja:). Therefore, I can not possibly see how these amazing, respectable designers and respected members of the fashion industry can even mingle with her as she's only - forgive me, a label wh*re.

The thing is though it is only celebrity obbsessed magazines, like a UK publication called "Heat" label her an icon and so do many footballers girlfriend wannabes.

From a your (a guys) point of view what do you think makes a woman elegant and stylish? And which models/celebs do you find mirror this?

Good question. I would first like to say, on the side, that I am not gay- but rather straight. (Just to make sure it was clear :smile:...if it even matters )

Elegance for a woman - natural, clean, educated, sophisticated. I've never been attracted to the fake whores appearing on the covers of men's magazines.

I'm not really very much into models, so I can hardly point out names, but I'm very much in love with the woman on the Prada, Balenciaga, Rochas, Ann Demeulemeester, Jil Sander, Helmut Lang and Chloe runways and ads.

:lol: I think we're a "half an inch" off from the topic though, maybe another thread would better suit this question :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good answers.

Going back to the book I would have liked Dita Von Teese ( I know I have said this before) to contributed to the book. To me she just epitomises elegance and can really carry off that 50's look, something she was doing long before it became a trend!

Arturo21 said:
Good question. I would first like to say, on the side, that I am not gay- but rather straight. (Just to make sure it was clear :smile:...if it even matters )

Elegance for a woman - natural, clean, educated, sophisticated. I've never been attracted to the fake whores appearing on the covers of men's magazines.

I'm not really very much into models, so I can hardly point out names, but I'm very much in love with the woman on the Prada, Balenciaga, Rochas, Ann Demeulemeester, Jil Sander, Helmut Lang and Chloe runways and ads.

:lol: I think we're a "half an inch" off from the topic though, maybe another thread would better suit this question :flower:

You forgot Carolina Herrera!!! Aren't you Venezuelan!?! :P :wink:

She's on my top three most glamorous and elegant ladies of all time.

Babe Paley, CZ Guest and Lady Slim Keith.

When you compare them to Mrs. B, you make her look like she belongs in a trailer park.

Yes, she is a very elegant woman - and may I add, an extremely Venezuelan woman.^_^

She's the typical sophisticated, elderly Venezuelan woman - or maybe in general like the high-class Latina women.

I love them ^_^ :P

I swear that entire country is filled with good looking men and women! When I went to Caracas, I couldn't get over the fact that women in their 40s and 50's looked way better than the girls in their 20s.

Granted eveyone there is quite good looking in general but the older women in the upper class areas just looked amazing.

Arturo21 said:
I never said that they would, I only stated that it would be the same thing to me. It would "cheapen" their name, they would "cheapen" their name by willingly putting themselves on that book created by VB.
That is beyond crazy,they will not cheapen their name because top fashion players are involved in this project(if it is belived)i mean Hadley Freeman is co-writing it with Victoria and we all know her from Vogue and Guardian articles and the best photographers and designers are involved in this book.
Wathever you say or think about Victoria you cant say she didnt assemble the best people from fashion world and its not the same as if jojo was doing it,comme on give her a little credit where is due!When i read designers she interviewed i was surprised as you were,because they are not the typical designers i would associate with her,but that is not a bad thing because she is doing a book on fashion and thank god she streched her imagination and didnt interview just the obvious people like Cavalli and D&G!

And if you wont look at the designers work (she interviewed)the same than i dont know what to say to you exepct maybe to find a new things to like because if the list of designers she interviewed is correct(go read it again)darling you will hate them all and she suposedly interviewed the best of them almost every designer who makes great fashion!!!

CelineChic said:
You forgot Carolina Herrera!!! Aren't you Venezuelan!?! :P :wink:

She's on my top three most glamorous and elegant ladies of all time.

Babe Paley, CZ Guest and Lady Slim Keith.

When you compare them to Mrs. B, you make her look like she belongs in a trailer park.
Hey i also like Susan Mary Alsop and Barbara Hutton!

Emil said:
And if you wont look at the designers work (she interviewed)the same than i dont know what to say to you exepct maybe to find a new things to like because if the list of designers she interviewed is correct(go read it again)darling you will hate them all and she suposedly interviewed the best of them almost every designer who makes great fashion!!!

Yes, those are the designers that you can pick quite easily out of Vogue magazine

...Keep in mind that there are many, many others out there that are extremely talented that don't exactly appear quite often on What Not To Wear or FTV. Don't forget the less commercial designers that are often more talented.

CelineChic said:
I swear that entire country is filled with good looking men and women! When I went to Caracas, I couldn't get over the fact that women in their 40s and 50's looked way better than the girls in their 20s.

Granted eveyone there is quite good looking in general but the older women in the upper class areas just looked amazing.

Yea, those sweet old ladies, I love them :blush: My grandmother, aunts, etc..:wub:

Did you like Caracas? I think for the most part it's a ghastly, dangerous city - but there are some beautiful areas. I"m from Merida - it's so nice there, if you ever get a chance, it's an amazingly friendly place.

Arturo21 said:
Yea, those sweet old ladies, I love them :blush: My grandmother, aunts, etc..:wub:

Did you like Caracas? I think for the most part it's a ghastly, dangerous city - but there are some beautiful areas. I"m from Merida - it's so nice there, if you ever get a chance, it's an amazingly friendly place.

I wasn't too scared because we had my father-in-law's bodyguards with us 24/7. And the people we were visiting also had bodyguards since one of their sons was kidnapped for ransom just a year before.

I suppose it is somewhat dangerous, but aren't all big cities? I really like the people there; they’re all very friendly and very talkative. I found it funny that some guys were especially straightforward and had no qualms about staring at my rear end and making cat calls at me and my sister-in-law. :lol:

I unfortunately haven’t had the chance to visit Merida but would like to. I did go to Margarita Island though and everyone was saying that the beaches North of Merida were a lot nicer.

^I lived in the mountainous (andes) region of Merida, no beaches, but it made up for the palm trees and ocean with the mountains...:woot:

Oh, no...it's particularly dangerous, I've heard of tons and tons of kidnappings. I happen to have a neighbor who lives just a few houses away that just moved in, from Caracas, her children were kidnapped too...and now she won't even dare leave them alone for a second.

My husband is from Bogotá so of course he's friends with every single Latino in the Montreal region. Quite a few of his friends are from Caracas and say the same thing.

It's unfortunate because I found everyone there to be very friendly.

Arturo21 said:
Yes, those are the designers that you can pick quite easily out of Vogue magazine

And what excactly is wrong with that?But i agree with you that there are a lot of low profile designers doing great job but thats life some designers get more covearige and exposer wich dosent mean they do bettre job than others thas the way it is and not just in fashion but in everything!

I guess what Arturo meant was that just because a designer is constanly featured in Vogue does not mean that they are the best thing in style.

Actually Arturo I was mistaken in thinking that you were a man, which is why I asked you that odd question! Apologies :shock:

Hey taperjeangirl you are a fan of Dita Von Teese right?I really like her to.Go and check the scans from Vogue Germany May 2006 and let me now what you think about that editorial?

taperjeangirl said:
I guess what Arturo meant was that just because a designer is constanly featured in Vogue does not mean that they are the best thing in style.

Actually Arturo I was mistaken in thinking that you were a man, which is why I asked you that odd question! Apologies :shock:
I think Vogue has the best designers in the magazine absoulutley the best respected in the fashion!Hey what are you talking about Arturo is a man!!

Not sure I think Vogue has gone downhill past six months or so......I think it happened when they put Collen in!! What would really liven up Vogue is an editorial with designs by currant fashion students.

Where is everybody from anyhow? And what fashions do the people in your areas favour? I live in the Herfordshire/North london Boarders (funny enough I went to the same school as Posh and was in the same year as her brother) The girls around here are still latched onto Boho!

I won't even comment...:ninja:

I agree with you there, though, Emil (speaking of less commercial designers not getting so much coverage) :flower:

Well, now we just have to see how well this book turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yeseniaxz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->