Academy Awards 2004

My new Ratings:

A+ Best Dressed
A Outstanding (Nicole Kidman) :heart:
A- Almost Perfect (Liv Tyler) :heart:

B+ Memorable
B Good (Charlize Theron, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Annie Lennox)
B- Fair (Sophia Coppola, Jennifer Garner, Angelina Jolie, Naomi Watts, Samantha Morton, Holly Hunter, Patricia Clarkson, Renee Zellweger, Susan Sarandon)

C+ Flawed but worthy (Scarlett Johansson, Diane Lane*, Catherine Zeta-Jones)
C Mediocre (Keisha Castle-Hughes, Julianne Moore)
C- Disappointing

D+ Poor effort (Alison Krauss)
D Dreadful (Sandra Bullock, Uma Thurman)
D- Truly Awful (Joan and Mellisa Rivers)

F All time worst!

* because she is wearing the dress Carine Rothfield wore at the Vogue Paris party last year (which was uber-publicized).

Belles of the Ball (below:( The best dressed set of the night.

I :heart:
* Angelina Jolie
* Julia Roberts
* Liv Tyler
* Renèe Zellweger and
* Sandra Bullock

I :yuk:
Nicole Kidman
Uma Thurman :lol: funniest outfit!
Scarlett Johanson

Can't get over the fact Charlize jus looks more beautiful for everytime i see her! :woot:
But that better be sprayed tan... :ninja:

I can't remember for the life of me the designer of Diane Lane's dress! Someone please tell me!

Julia, Charlize, Naomi, Nicole and Renee are AMAZING

too bad johnny didnt win best male........i didnt like how he looked on the red carpet

I kind of liked Julianne's dress, it was elegant :flower:
I can't decide on a fave for the evening - I guess it's between Liv & Naomi :blush:

I loved nicole's accessories, the necklace she was wearing was so cute :heart:

my opinions... :smile:

best
jada
julia
charlize
diane lane
angelina
i think robin wright penn is so pretty

just ok
nicole
catherine
renee
naomi (washed out, the dress, her skin, her hair all the same color)
julianne
susan

bad
scarlette (looked chunky SORRY)
uma
diane keaton
liv :(
sandra

edit the MEN:
best
sean penn :heart:
benicio
tom cruise
sting

I think this year's Oscar fashion was so so compared to previous years:

Best dressed:

- Uma Thurman : great outfit, great great outfit. Suits her personnality. I love it. :heart: Her hair and makeup was awesome.

- Naomi Watts: Ok, it sure reminds me of last year's Versace couture dress of Kate Hudson and Halle Berry's gold Elie Saab, but it's still nice, Naomi was very pretty. Heath Ledger looked mean but hot on the red carpet.

- Nicole Kidman: I am truly in love with her dress. Gorgeous dress, I love it! Nicole looked great, I loved her hair (nice tone) and makeup always soft and glamourous.

- Diane Lane : It would have been even better if it was not some deja vu outfit, but it was nice....! Gorgeous hair to match it!

- Charlize Theron: Wasn't sure if I should put her in my best dressed list, but she deserves a place here........ :blush: I loved her tan even if it looked overdone. Her eye makeup was gorgeous and she has the cutest smile on earth! Her hair was lovely and her dress very nice and glamourous. :flower:

- Johnny Depp: How can one look so good and sexy? If I ever met a guy on the street with that haircut, I'd find it cheesy and way too macho-ish. But boy does Johnny works it well. I loved everything about him last night. He had this hottish look on his face everytime his face was caught by the camera. I don't care what he wore, he could have came in with a schoolgirl skirt (ok maybe not but......) and would still have topped my best dressed list. He looks so confident in anything he wears, and that's what make him look so good. Vanessa Paradis looked ok, better than usual though nothing exceptionnal. They make such a cute couple ! :blush:

-Sophia Coppola: I highly doubt I wouldn't find it near to pretty on someone else, but it's miss Coppola and she looks so good in more ''plain'' outfit. Great color and fit!

Worst or just plain boring:

- Liv Tyler: I am deceived. And anyone saw her presenting? She had to wear ''teacher like'' glasses every single time she'd show up and she had this bizarre manner that scared the hell out of me. Maybe it's just me, but she had this weird and snobbish way of putting on her glasses and talking while presenting... :wacko: I still like her though..... Gorgeous hair, but the dress. :sick:

- Sandra Bullock: The bottom of her dress is so passe, too girly and prom-ish for me. Her hair colour suited her though and her makeup was the best by far!

- Jennifer Garner/Renee Zellwegger: I am quite deceived of Renee's dress choice, knowing that she always tops my list when it comes to Oscar fashion.... Her dress was OK, though not that much flattering..... And did anyone notice the ''curtain-ish'' trail on Jennifer and Renee's dress. It looks like some Beauty and the Beast movie.... Awful. Renee's acceptance speech was very cute though.........!!!!!!! :blush:

- Catherine Zeta Jones: Double and triple no. That dress was a total mess on her. Unflattering and that kind of red looked bad on Cath. Her hair was all fried up.... ...she looked bad. :ninja:

- Scarlett Johansson: She deceived me once more. The dress and makeup wasn't that bad, but the hair color. Looks like some cheap blond that's to yellow-y. She was cute though. The color of her dress was a bit too overwhelming in my opinon.

- Julia Roberts: She hair color, though quite nice totally washes her out. Her dress color too.

- Annie Lennox: Very unflattering cut and made her boobs look ''dangerousely pointy''.

- Maria Menounos: Proof that expensive does not always mean pretty. And her hair was way too big ! Same goes for Alisson Krauss' shoes, very cheap looking (although they're the total opposite).

as a tom ford :heart: fan here i should pick " charlize theron" 's lovely Gucci dress but my favorite is uma thurman's LACROIX .
my main reason to choose her; she is totaly different than rest of the girls , etnic but still classy ... should have been nominated btw ,

in my opinion this year is weak than past years . i don't know why but maybe because of those 50s thing ...

here is my list for the night

1 ) Uma Thurman (Lacroix)
2 ) Charlize Theron ( Gucci - Tom Ford :heart: )
3 ) Naomi Watts (Versace)
4 ) Annie Lennox (Stella McCartney)
5 ) Julianne Moore (Versace)

p.s; for me ,samantha morton's decision is the " disaster of the night " if her dress
wore by nicole kidman or julia roberts it won't look ugly but i think she didn't fit with dress , she couldn't carry it ...

additional info :
ladies + dresses

Julia Roberts ( Giorgio Armani )
Nicole Kidman (Chanel)
Angelina Jolie (Marc Bouwer )
Jennifer Garner ( Valentino )
Holly Hunter (Vera Wang)
Keisha Castle-Hughes (Liz Mitchell).
Renée Zellweger (Carolina Herrera),
Sandra Bullock (Oscar de la Renta), :angry:
Catherine Zeta-Jones (Versace ) :angry:
Scarlett Johansson (Alberta Ferretti )
Marcia Gay Harden (Badgley Mischka) :angry:
Liv Tyler ( Givenchy )
Sofia Coppola (Marc Jacobs)

I think Charlize Theron told her hair and make-up people to do her like Dewi. Worked too.

My favorite look of the night was Sofia Coppola. She's so pretty and I really dig her.

God, what a boring night for fashion. The Oscars aren't known for being fashion forward, but this is rediculous. Too tasteful, too PC, too much white. Renee Zellweger exemplifies exactly how Hollywood and the red carpet are bad for fashion. No innovation, no originality. Bah. Against all of that, Scarlett and Sienna Miller looked refreshing. Bless them.

Julia Roberts is absolutely stunning in that dress!!!

I also like Angelina Jolie's look. :heart:

Naomi is gorgeous. :flower:

Nicole Kidman's dress is weird :unsure:

Uma looks funny :lol:

Scarlett's dress is ugly :cry:

Charlize......the tan....... :yuk:

i loved the fashion last night... old glamour not boring (for me)... i dont think red carpets always need innovation to be interesting... i prefer stunning and timeless to innovative.

also i liked charlize's tan... she had said before last week she was in some tropical time zone enjoying some rest and getting bronzed... she may have had some extra help for last night but I thought it looked great....

who was Julia wearing??? and Jada?

edit - Julia was in Armani i just read, loved it :heart:

Okay, here's my take. :flower:
I utterly loved Liv Tyler's look, I thought her hair was fabulous and sleek, as well as being a real stand-out. The style made me think of the great actresses of the 1940s. She always seems to have a rather old fashioned look to her but I like that she never seems overwhelmed. Although her hair was impressive, she opted to keep her dress rather elegant and simple, which made for a very classic look.
I also liked that beautiful Iranian actress. Her gorgeous red dress was wonderful in a sea of blah beige and white. As well, she has a has a very strong face with a lot of character. I know that she is a star in Iran, but I would love to see more of her work for a North American audience.
Jennifer Garner was naturally amazing as always. I was thrilled to see her wearing that beautiful orange vintage dress. I think her face was the most beautiful part though, she really looked happy and glowing despite her fairly recent divorce.
As for the men, I was pleasantly shocked to see Johnny Depp all cleaned up. He's been looking rather grungy as of late what with the matted hair and horrible hats. However, I think I now understand his reasoning after the Oscars. It must be difficult to be so beautiful...
I also really liked that new actor from In America, although I can't remember his name. It was great to see a new face, especially one who was so very well-dressed. His whole look was extremely classy and polished.
That's it....clothing wise! :innocent:

I don't like all this flash tones (especially on blondes) they all looked just the same (even if the dress was beautiful).

I liked: Jade, Jennifer (but not the orange blush), Renee's dress if worn by Cate Blanchet, CZJ's hair, Liv's hair, Vera Wang, Oprah's colour of the gown.

The worst one: Marsha Grey.
And Scarlett need to change her stylist. She's 19!!!

I would like to se JUST ONCE, Diane Keaton in the sleek sexy dress. She would be stunning.

I know Cate Blanchett is pregnant, but I still missed seeing her there. I'm sure she would have worn something fabulous... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedevilinprada
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->