softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
excerpt from wwd...
Thursday, December 16, 2004
Adidas Heads Outdoors
By Melanie Kletter

NEW YORK —
Adidas will begin selling outdoor apparel in the U.S. for the first time for fall 2005, and also plans to increase its marketing for the division.

Footwear has been sold in the U.S. for several years, and that segment continues to grow with new technologies and more use of Gore-Tex and Thinsulate materials, Motola said. The company is looking to sell the apparel line in about 50 stores in the U.S. for fall and is targeting locations where the outdoor footwear is sold already, including REI and EMS.
Many of the apparel offerings incorporate Adidas’ proprietary Clima365 technology, which incudes properties such as wicking, ventilation and water repellency. Among the extensive collection of apparel are fleece jackets, waterproof shells and parkas, as well as vests, long-sleeved tops, wool tops, and quick-dry T-shirts, many of which are designed as layering systems. There is also a selection of shorts as well as windproof and rainproof pants. The women’s offerings, which have fitted silhouettes, are available in bright colors such as green, gold and ice blue.
Wholesale prices run from about $15 for short-sleeved T-shirts and $17.50 for long-sleeved ones, to soft-shell jackets for $50 and three-layer hard-shell jackets at $125.
Footwear options include trail sneakers and waterproof boots, as well as a selection of shoes for water sports.
“These are products that can be worn for a variety of activities such as hiking, running or climbing,” Motola noted. He said the company plans to market the collection in the U.S. with in-store training, support of outdoor athletes and through grassroot activities.
B)

With Salomon and Arc'Teryx being company brands, the resources for an outdoor line are already in place. Lots of recent developments are sounding good for adidas.

The ad I am seeing at the top of this page is for postaluniform.com. For some reason I am finding this very funny. :lol:

:judge: on-topic...

I like the re-issue adidas shoes but I am not likely to start buying the outerwear. Most of what I've seen, the logos are too prominent. But I will be curious to see what they introduce for the US.

at least the ad's not red and green... :angry: :sick: :angry: :sick: :angry: :sick:

:lol:
i seem to love most things with the three stripes...although i'm not loving Y3 for the most part...nor the respect m.e. ...

but i've seen some things in europe and they looked good...cool and sporty without trying too hard...that's for me!! :flower:

A friend of mine has a shell top that I think she got in Japan and I admit it's pretty nice looking. She also has some oyster/slate blue Superstar shoes she got there that I covet... badly... :doh:

The y3s... I liked them, but they were just a little overdone. A little too flashy, maybe.

red and green should never be seen, except upon an irish queen.....hee hee hee hee

tangerine said:
The ad I am seeing at the top of this page is for postaluniform.com. For some reason I am finding this very funny.

Did you read the disclaimer?

** By law, PostalUniform.com can only sell postal uniforms to US Postal Employees. However, anyone may buy our other high quality products, such as our boots, shoes, overshoes, socks, and belts.

My biggest memory of the brand is that I was the kid in elementary school that held out from getting white adidas with fat-width shoe laces.

helena said:
red and green should never be seen, except upon an irish queen.....hee hee hee hee

:lol: ^_^

on topic...
atelier...the fat laces are my fave part... :woot: :heart:

haven't adidas tshirts and stuff always been sold in the US? Not just footwear? I could have sworn I've seen it down there. Isn't there a huge store in nyc? Or am I on something? (highly possible)

no meg...you're not high...there is activewear sold here...but not outerwear...
the stuff sold now is more streetwear i think...no coats or anything... :wink: :flower:

Atelier said:
Did you read the disclaimer?

** By law, PostalUniform.com can only sell postal uniforms to US Postal Employees. However, anyone may buy our other high quality products, such as our boots, shoes, overshoes, socks, and belts.

My biggest memory of the brand is that I was the kid in elementary school that held out from getting white adidas with fat-width shoe laces.
I did, and scrolled down, and saw that I could buy shorts, a shirt, a jacket, shoes and a cap. Very convincing postal "costume" IMO. :innocent: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->