• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Andy Warhol & The Factory

Whitelinen

Reaction score
I thought to start a thread about the pop artist Andy Warhol, his superstars and the people who spent time at The Factory. The Edie Sedgwick thread seems to be very popular, but I think there are other 'superstars' that are even more interesting, style- and otherwise, than Edie S.

I'm sorry if there has been a thread about this topic, I searched and didn't find anything similar.

So, post pictures/material/thoughts about Andy Warhol and his 'people'.

(credit:warholstars.org)

First picture from left: Andy's gang, second from right: Baby Jane Holzer, third from left: Ivy Nicholson, fourth from right: Joe Dallesandro, the fifth photo below: Jackie Curtis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ondine, Mary Woronow,Pat Hartley, Bibbe Hansen, Paul America

International Velvet, Chuck Wein, Viva

(credit:nga.gov.au, merz-academie.de)

Candy Darling, Brigid Polk & Candy Darling & Andy, Holly Woodlawn.

Candy Darling!

My absolute favorite of the Warhol Superstars is Candy Darling!I love her.She was almost to beautiful to be true!
Credit:Google.images!

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 25
  • c2.jpg
    c2.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,059
  • c3.jpg
    c3.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 48
  • c4.jpg
    c4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 22
  • c5.jpg
    c5.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 15
Candy Darling!

Credit.Google.images!

Attachments

• c6.jpg
    c6.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 13
  • c7.jpg
    c7.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 28
  • c8.jpg
    c8.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 29
  • c9.jpg
    c9.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 17
Whitelinen this is a great thread!I hope people will post a lot of their favourite Superstars and their storys!Thanks!

Thanks! :heart:

Candy Darling was a true beauty. Another favourite of mine is Baby Jane Holzer. And Andy of course, I think he had style.

Yeah i read a lot about others and Candy!And its so sad that she died that way!I think it would be so great if they did a movie about her,but not with Madonna as Candy.Like she wanted a couple of years ago.Thank God that didnt came to realization!
I remember reading about Factory and Warhols superstars when i was 16 years old.I cried my eyes out when i read Candys lettre that she wrote on her dead bead for her friends!
But i never liked Andy yeah,he was dressed good but he was not a good person in mine opinion he was so cruel to people!Never liked him just his work!

^Hehe, I like Andy because he reminds me of Karl Lagerfeld,and vice versa. I guess I like evil people :wink:

I'm also very interested about Brigid Polk.

Baby Jane Holzer (credit:groups.msn.com/MiniMadMod60's)

Yeah Brigit Polk was great she is still alive.Did you heard about her t*t paintings or that penis book!I think it was called like that!Andy really is similar to Karl thats so great i never noticed that before.In fact he looks like one of the Factory people!Wasnt Karl in one of Andys and Paul Morriesseys movies?Brigit was great in CIAO!MANHATTAN, in a scene in the toilets!Did you saw it!

Baby Jane Holzer (warholstars.org, moma.org, harvardfilmarchive.com,robinsonarchive.com)

Yeah Brigit Polk was great she is still alive.Did you heard about her t*t paintings or that penis book!I think it was called like that!Andy really is similar to Karl thats so great i never noticed that before.In fact he looks like one of the Factory people!Wasnt Karl in one of Andys and Paul Morriesseys movies?Brigit was great in CIAO!MANHATTAN, in a scene in the toilets!Did you saw it!

Yes, I heard about the t*t paintings. She's great. I can't find any good pictures though...

Baby Jane Holzer is also alive.

I'm not sure about Karl being on Andy's films. In fact, I am so uneducated I have never had the chance to see any of his films---I have wanted to do so for a long time, but you can't buy them here. I've been thinking of buying from Amazon.com though. I've only seen bits from documentaries.

YEAH,I AM ALMOST POSITIVE I READ SOMEWHERE THAT KARL WAS IN ONE OF HIS MOVIES I THINK I JUST RECENTLY READ IT IN VOGUE US!AND ITS A KULT UNDEGROUND MOVIE I THINK ITS CALLED "AMOUR" OR SOMETHING.Baby Jane Holzer is still alive?Do you have any pictures?She was raped in CIAO!MANHATTAN!

International Velvet (warholstars.org,audartgallery.com)

Viva (warholstars.org, billyoscar.com)

Pat Hartley (images.villagevoice.com)

Jane Holzer came into Warhol’s orbit in the summer of 1963, at the point she was becoming known in the fashion world as "Baby Jane Holzer." In 1964 Tom Wolfe enshrined her as "The Girl of the Year," and she became emblematic of the swinging Sixties. She appeared in silent Warhol films, including Kiss, Screen Test, Couch, and in the sound film, Camp.

(factorymade.org)

Holzer now:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->