Anyone who works in the Music Industry?

fairy

Reaction score
I'm wondering if we have members working in the music industry, whether as an artist, for a record label, etc. I'm very much interested, would be cool to know about your experiences...

I've recorded in studios and stuff like that, it's fun. You can meet some incredibly passionate and talented and supportive people in the music industry. I love it.

:heart:

im thinking about doing an internship at a record label or something...i know some bands in the UK, maybe they can help me...
event management (gigs and stuff) would also be cool, ive done a bit of that before...

B, did u actually record demos? :buzz:

Yeah, I recorded some stuff with Soviet Panther & some of my own stuff in my friend Jimmy's recording studio. It's fun.

^_^:heart:

event management (gigs and stuff) would also be cool, ive done a bit of that before...

What are your thoughts about it?
I have several friends who works with management, booking bands, band contacts etc. Most of them are members of student organizations who arrange gigs, and they work for no pay. I've always thought that sounds like something I'd also love to do when I become a student (or maybe I'll even take it further and make it a real job)! The gigs they set up and the bands they book are great, and I think they do such a good job.

And about me, I used to be in a band, and we did some small gigs, but it was all for fun, nothing serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
im thinking about doing an internship at a record label or something...i know some bands in the UK, maybe they can help me...

Belowen's got a really hot voice :shifty:

^^yes i checked her myspace :shifty:

ivy-i know some students who do it...but im actually thinking about something bigger...i have to talk to a few band guys...ask them what they think cos they have experience with major labels and booking agencies...

Thanks guys :blush:

Fairy, best of luck! If you need any help, let me know! :buzz:

i'm working as a promoter for Radar Live Festival, İstanbul Turkey.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm considering starting in music management school in Copenhagen. But is school the right way to go, or is starting booking for local clubs and work you up that way better? I read about a guy who combined these two things, and now he booked for Roskilde music festival in Denmark. Does anyone here have experiences with schools like that?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a music producer by odd coincidence. I am studying fashion though. I'm almost done producing my first album for a friend and I must say it's been stressful & frustrating, but I love it! :lol:

thank you guys! :flower:

how did u get those jobs? is it more about who you know or what you know?

Well, I was doing remixes before (something I learned over one summer) and my friend approached me to do a remix of a demo he recorded. He ended up loving it and asked me to produce his entire album. So I think it is a combo of what and who you know, at least in my case. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suchitha
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->