Classical Music

Anyone try any Liszt Transcendental Etudes?
sure, I have tried, for around 5 minutes :P
I dedicated a lot of time trying to learn the Dante Sonata, that's enough Liszt for a lifetime (or at least until I find another bargain).

... I prefer to play Chopin and Mozart, I'm tired of difficult things

Ok, I don't know, if I'm posting in a right tread but I really want to know songs used it those two videos. TIA

Maison Martin Margiela Haute Couture Fall Winter 2009

Givenchy Haute Couture Spring 2007

Can I bump this thread? ^_^

I was hoping more tFSers would be classical fans. I've been a curious listener for a while, but I only recently started looking more in depth at different eras, techniques, artists and pieces. I have to say I love Medieval choral pieces and Baroque/Renaissance operas.

Some of my favourite composers are Thomas Tallis, G.F. Handel and Beethoven, amongst others. Oh and I love Georges Bizet's Carmen. My mother used to sing the tunes to us when we were kids ^_^

Some of my favourites pieces.

This contains 40 individual voices and is thought to have been written for Queen Elizabeth I for her 40th birthday.

A piece by John Taverner (the old one :lol:)

Beethoven's 6th Symphony - Was quite brave for its time. He experimented a lot with movements and sounds. It's very long and each movement is totally different.

Nessun Dorma by Luciano Pavarotti. Very famous piece.

Habanera from Carmen

Also check out Handel's Messiah and Beethoven's Missa Solemnis

Oh Carmen:heart:
One of my all time favorites is "Carmen Variations" by Horowitz... simply incredible.

Malher and Visconti - Simply Magical

The meeting of Gustav Mahler's music and Luchino Visconti's imagery is simply magical. Together they infuse such deep emotion into the film Death in Venice that the viewer is incapable of not feeling the melancholic beauty Dirk Bogarde's character faces.

Here is the 4th Movement of Mahler's 5th Symphony in full accompanied by scenes from Visconti's hauntingly beautiful Death in Venice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->