Article: How to be a real beauty

the title of the article is a big clue as to it's ridiculousness...
i don't plan to waste my time reading it...

Affluenza-infection, is greater among English-speaking nations, which is why we have twice as much mental illness as other Western Europeans. In a WHO study, nearly one quarter of English speakers had been ill in the past 12 months, compared with 11.5 per cent of mainland Western Europeans.

??! :blink: this is such a ridiculous, naive statment! there are sooo many other factors to take into account (big one that comes to mind is diet). this so-called statistic is a desperate attempt for evidence supporting this theory. i think he not only made up the women interviewees, but this statistic and its logic as well :doh:

I have to say, I don't understand why everyone so far is so repulsed by this article!

Obviously I don't agree with stereotyping all women in Denmark and Russian as 'beautiful' or all women in Anglo-Saxon countries as only seeking 'attractiveness', but I think it's fair game for discussion. Some generalizations may have truth to them and other cultures may have a fresh perspective on things we take for granted as normal.

I'm sure most of us can agree that it is a struggle to find your own style. There have been tons of casualties in my wardrobe! I have totally just bought things because it was something trendy at the time or a certain look I thought I should try and looked half-way decent, but never really suited me.

After looking at so many magazines, ads, or even living in a not-so-diverse place, it's important to give some thought to why you are choosing the clothes and styles you are. Am I choosing to wear or buy this because I really think this looks good on me? suits me? expresses who I am? or is it because I hope it looks cool to other people, or sexy to men?

So, why is it that everyone finds this article so not worth reading or discussing?

p.s. I can, however, agree that Oliver James does look like a bit of a perv.

^ Because it makes no sense? Because if you know the Danes or the Russians or live on that side of the planet you know this is not true, nothing in this article is true. Some of the highest suicide rates are here.

The article makes no sense at all, there's no intelligent point. It is only about how one perv classifies women.

Ps. I don't think it's from his look that he is considered a perv. It's from what he does when he decides to write an article like this or open his mouth to tell about his scientific studies.

i think you can be beautiful and attractive...what so real beauties never take care of themseleves?? and russians are all pretty?? hmm......

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chriss00
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->