Audrey Tautou to play Coco Chanel in new movie

Ha apparently, there's not one but THREE films which are currently under project about Coco Chanel, the one with Audrey Tautou directed by Anne Fontaine, another one starring Marina Hands (which seems more interesting, I think she can make a good Coco) directed by William Friedkin which will focuse on Coco Chanel's love affair with Igor Stravinsky and will be called 'Coco and Igor', and a last one directed and written by Daniele Thompson , but there's still no clue about the actress who will lead the main role in this one and it will be filmed in 2008 whereas the one with Marina Hands will be filmed this autumn.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Audrey!! I have a hard time seeing her as Coco, though. There is a definitive gamine/ingenue quality to Audrey, whereas Coco was more wordly. If she can pull it, I'll take my hat off.

Crazy that three movies will be filmed about Coco this year. :shock:

Audrey seem so sweet and nice...like the girl next door but when I think of Coco I get the vibe of major control freak. If Audrey does a good job it will only show that she is like a awesome actress.

I am excited about this!
should be very interesting to see Audrey portraying Coco.
is it going to be in english or french? I wonder....
either way...I'm still going to see it!!!

I love Audrey. This is reminding me slightly of Factory Girl. I guess because it deals with another fashion icon. I'm just hoping whoever is working on the movie makes it a heck of a lot better than Factory Girl. I'm just imaginging the fashion in the movie....!! I'm excited though. I will definetely watch it when it comes out. =]

Audrey Tautou to play Coco Chanel

Audrey Tautou will star as Coco Chanel in a $15 million biopic about the legendary French fashion designer. Tautou made a name for herself in the highly regarded 2001 film Amelie. She is a perfect choice for the role of Coco both in appearance and ability. The film, which will focus on Chanel's childhood and early womanhood, was specially conceived with Tautou in mind.

continued ...

http://trendmill.com/articles_view/805

ahh...très bien

I think Audrey can play Ms. Coco, she is a beautiful actress!

:wub:

The film is called Coco Avant Chanel (Coco Before Chanel). It will directed by Anne Fontaine and it is rumored to also star Mads Mikkelsen (source:imdb).

woops! there's already a thread on this.

OKAY moderators you can delete or merge. ....

I think it's important to remember that it's Audrey Tatou who has been cast for the role, not Amélie Poulain. Though I love that movie, it's just a character, not a real person. Tatou has other sides as well - take the second half of À la folie... pas du tout for example, when we see the crazy in that character. B)

Anyhow, I'll see this movie. :smile:

^good point. I think Audrey has the talent and seriousness about acting to do whatever is asked of the role. And her looks don't hurt either. I love her and this movie sounds so interesting. I hope it is in French (I would need to watch with subtitles but it would be better than English).

Ok, change of plan...Due to some incompatibilities between Marina Hands and Friedkin who was supposed to direct her for their project about Coco Chanel's love affair with Stravinsky, Jan Kounen as a director for the same project and Anna Mouglalis (it couldn't have been more perfect I think, it's strange I didn't think of her) as Coco are on the line to work on it, Mads Mikkelsen will play the tole of Stravinsky.It's too bad I would love to see Marina Hands as Coco Chanel.

Can't wait to see this, hopefully we will see some production stills/candids soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->