Banana Republic Bloomsbury

carriefever

Reaction score
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse/product/330/product_330184.htm?cs_catalog=BR%5FFall1%5F2005&cs_category=400402

This bag comes up to 500.12 (Canadian total, they still have it in a store in Toronto)...it was amazing, in terms of the soft leather feel and it also had enough space for my things, it was ideal for what I am looking for. I wanted to get the Gucci Horsebit Hobo but naturally Holt Renfrew on Bloor said they didn't have it. I debated on getting it via eBay but did not want to risk getting a fake.

My dilemma with the Banana bag is whether or not I want to spend 500 on a bag from there? I feel like if I am going to spend that much, then I should add a couple hundred and get a "designer" bag. 500 is a lot of money but it's funny, I was prepared to spend 1200 or more on a bag but I think I am being put off from spending this 500 b/c all I can think is that it is from Banana...which is a bit snobbish of me, not a good reason to not want to buy a bag I so badly want!!

Anyway just wanted to get anyone's take on this bag and if you have any suggestions...I want something big enough to carry a couple of textbooks and all the other basic products I would carry around in ma bag! :P

The bag is nice... there was this bag at Banana last year called the Rockstar bag... it was like 150 or 180 or something... I found it on ebay for way less.

Thanks Luna! I did check it out on eBay..hmm one was more pricey than the actual bag in the store though. I am still debating, I really liked it. I think I will look around some more and if I don't find anything I may go with it...................

depending on your style, that could be a go with everything daybag... although i'm not a fan. i saw it in person today and wasn't very impressed... just a little too busy

its definately a cute bag, but soooooooooooo expensive. its a big bag, and leather, i guess three hundred isnt bad if you have that money.

it was mentioned in the most recent us weekly, and saying that some celebrities are carrying it.

are people even making fakes of this bag?

there are also cheaper versions of this bag

br330178-01p1.jpg
for $148
br5811429p1.jpg
for $198 (but its a bit too much like the mj multipocket)
br330170-01p1.jpg
for $178

bananarepublic.com

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it a lot, in the 2 sizes mentioned. the smaller on is a little reminiescent of MJ, i really prefer the larger one, its different. i may consider buying that one if they have the bordeaux color.

I'm not wild about the tote -- all the pockets make my head hurt. I have the marc jacobsy two-pocket one and it's very cute, but the pockets are so darn small! I can't fit anything -- phone, key case -- in them!

I really like the medium sized one. The large one with the four pockets reminds me of the underside of a cow.

Banana used to have the sh*ttiest bags, but now theyre really getting up there in terms of fashion. These bags will sell out in no time.

after seeing pics online and loving them, i went to see the bag in person a while ago. i was totally disappointed! maybe my standards are too high, i don't know, but i didn't think the quality was what it should be for the price point. the leather was raw-edged on the handles, not finished... the leather felt too treated for what the bag is... i don't know. i'm really picky though, so if you like it, just disregard :smile:

circoit said:
I really like the medium sized one. The large one with the four pockets reminds me of the underside of a cow.

omg, youre right.

Hey all, thanks for the great feedback and responses!! It was 500 Canadian @ the store. The sales person said that the tassels can be removed (b/c I also felt that was too busy). BR is a step up from Gap, I suppose it is a hierachy, Old Navy, Gap and then Banana. This bag hunting is giving me a headache!! I think I will go back down to Toronto and search again but I guess I am being picky too in terms of what I am looking for, and the BR bag fits the description minus a few things (the tassels etc.,). I have seen some of the MJ bags but they were not shoulder bags, more the tote style....

The medium one is in this weeks US weekly..supposedly Nicole Richie and Drew Barrymore own it.

Maybe your question's been answered for you - when I clicked on the link just now, it said "not available in any size or color" and the image was gone. Either way, I'd say $500 is a lot for a bag you're not in love with.

br5811429p1.jpg

I was going to purchase this one, but like was masquerade wrote, it just seems like a copy of marc jacobs.

ladies it's $500 canadian, which is more like $100 US, which is a really reasonable price.

^ No, the large Bloomsbury bag was $300 USD pre-tax, but unless you have a store nearby it's a moot point. It's sold out online :doh:

I love the 3rd one Masquerade posted called the Bloomsbury simple shoulder bag. Classic and sleek :heart:

Hello, actually the bag is available. That is the US site and as I was told in the store, it is sold out in the US. It wasn't @ the BR I was @.....hmm who knows now!!
LouiseyPeasey said:
Maybe your question's been answered for you - when I clicked on the link just now, it said "not available in any size or color" and the image was gone. Either way, I'd say $500 is a lot for a bag you're not in love with.

I think I will go again tomorrow and continue the bag hunt...in terms of the bag, I like it a lot and do want it but considering the fact I am entering my first year of law school and that in itself is an expense, I am not too keen on spending that much money on a BR bag. I am sure I will find something else when I look around downtown Toronto tomorrow, which may be more within my price range :smile: The thread w/ bags under 500 is great though b/c it gave me some ideas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stephenandrebecca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->