Beautiful areas to live in (cities, regions, etc.)

The places that I consider breathtaking and inspirational are;

- São Tomé
- Praha
- Cape Town

This is the view that greets me every morning when I am at home in Cape Town and it is a view that I miss dearly when I'm in London

3185227744_353335d8ba.jpg

408673860_2182cd5aab.jpg

207341775_92d7a8ca45.jpg

-my photos / my flickr helen_a

himalaya

i want to go up here some day..

8yt01g.jpg

The winding, cobblestoned streets and the historic buildings of old Lijiang are still there, but they have been polished to a shine. And with an average of three million tourists a year, it has taken on an amusement park-like veneer that renders it almost beyond recognition.
2j18z61.jpg

In a quiet corner on a back street, a deliveryman is text-messaging his friends on his mobile phone.
palinstravels.co.uk
photo by basil pao

^ I wish I could go there as well, gius. live, actually, for a while.. :heart:

I loved the area where I lived in Buenos Aires.. Palermo.. it has so many green areas, fruit markets, small restaurants with delicious food.. and I love that there were always businesses specialized in random things, like soap-only stores, leather-only, cheese-only stores.. and then hostels and lots of cultural events, which bring a more international atmosphere to the area..

palermo3.jpg

palermo4.jpg

palermo5.jpg

palermo6.jpg

palermo7.jpg

palermo8.jpg

[my own photos]

Also loved the San Telmo area (Buenos Aires).. I had a friend who lived there and all of his neighbors were.. characters straight out of a book :lol:, not to mention the architecture and spirit of the area, which feels more decadent and humble than Palermo. I'd definitely go back just to live there myself. :heart:

telmo1.jpg

telmo2.jpg

[my own photos]

^Buenos Aires looks so beautiful! I've heard about how sought after the Palermo neighborhood is. I've also heard, though, that there is quite a bit of crime in the city. Is this true?

How about Auckland, New Zealand? ^_^ That's where I live.

auckland10.jpg
Auckland.jpg

pictures-of-beaches_3363.jpg
foto-334.jpg

Britomart_Precinct_In_Downtown_Auckland.jpg
NZ-Britomart.jpg

pocruises, wikimedia,anntorrence.com

Geostud, yes, it's Latin America, big sponsor of unfair distribution of income and basic services.. the areas that generate more for the government will get benefits and the part that they see more as a burden is preferably forgotten and more likely to turn into a zone of growing discontent, poverty, vandalism, etc.. you can go to the south of Buenos Aires in this case, at a reasonable hour like 9 pm and someone out of the blue will show you a knife and ask you for your camera/purse/whatever (this happened to me) whereas in the north (Palermo, etc) you can take a walk at 4 am and you're more likely to find drunken Americans fooling around or locals smoking together on a sidewalk.. it's very safe.. safe as any "nice" area in a place like California or NYC.
I loved Palermo but to tell you the truth, if I go back to BAs, I'll probably rent a place in the south, in San Telmo or Boedo.. it definitely has more sketchy areas but the atmosphere down there feels more artistic and genuine.. I met some amazing people in Palermo but most were the kind that drool over the whole mall culture or imported goods/traditions .. whenever I'd stay or party in ST or Boedo, the environment felt quintessentially Argentinean, from the maté-drinking men, the sounds of tango coming out of houses, lace shops, people with insane imagination and strong intellectualism.. it's a zone that, imo, captures the argentinean spirit a lot better, if that's what you're looking for. -_-
sorry for the lengthy response. :ninja:

Auckland looks gorgeous. Is it a fun, happening place to live or sleepy? (It looks gorgeously unspoiled!)

^ Auckland is acually the 3rd most spread out city in the world. We don't have mega high buildings, but we're very spread out.
We have beaches practically every 15 minutes of driving, so no matter where you are there's always water somewhere near you, and we have a TONNE of volcanos! Most of which are visions to look at.
Our population is tiny by world standards (1.3 Million) so we're not usually packed and stuffed.
Also Auckland University is in the top 2% of World Universities ^_^

i spent a month in auckland! I felt so in love with the city and the country. Want to came back reallyyyy soon!

San Diego, CA :smile:
Beaches, clean streets, beautiful & nice people, fresh air, and it's so peaceful

florence :smile: i love my city!! it's such a beatiful and ispiring place to live in, when you walk in the streets you are just surrounded by beauty and history and art :heart:

Ooh, I like this thread so far, because two of the places that I dream of visiting have already been mentioned: Auckland and San Diego. :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
London is to me beautiful, esp Trafalgar Square in Summer on a Sunny day before a ton of people get there.

I also like Fall here in Northern US where I live. If you get a lot of beautiful fall color in the trees.

I am hoping to go to Iceland and Denmark soon. From all the photos I've seen, Iceland is very beautiful!

No bias or anything :innocent: but North Scotland ^_^ (Aberdeenshire and Highlands and Islands)Whilst the people may be few and far between the further north you go,it's a truly wonderful place to find yourself.
stevecarter.com

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 6
  • ha1.jpg
    ha1.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 5
looks beautiful but you cannot swim in that water! brr !
here the amazing San Juans
WEB_2008RobertDemarPhotography_SanJuanIslands_101.jpg

experiencewa.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
molly07
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->