Bella Hadid Is The Newest Face Of Christian Dior Cosmetics

I like Bella a lot and think she is gorgeous, and I don't even have an issue with her being a face of Dior, but what bugs me is that this continues to solidify how desperate Dior currently is. They're pulling out ALL the PR stops to get as much attention as possible. But without a strong creative director uniting all the product categories and marketing together under one identifiable brand concept, all this hoopla at Dior comes across as such corporate scheming...you can just picture a conference room full of Dior executives brainstorming any and every random and buzz worthy tactic and face to drum up interest in the brand...and truly it's all they have at this point, anyway...the clothes and accessories are abysmal.

All in all, Bella in and of herself for Dior isn't bad, it's just too bad it's such a desperate marketing scheme instead of a conscious choice of a creative director to include her in a part of their vision.

She reminds me of a darker and edgier Jennifer Lawrence. I'd rather see her model than Gigi.

Wow Dior Beauty really does love their anti-black ambassadors! First Ondria Hardin and now Bella Hadid! Both are beautiful but it's kinda hypocritical that they fired Galliano for his anti-Semitic antics but have since hired these two. Anyways.

What do you mean? Did Ondria and Bella hads any racial comments?

^ Can you point me to Ondria's racist comments? I know there was outrage over a spread she was in for Numero a few years back, but that's about it as far as I remember.

^ Can you point me to Ondria's racist comments? I know there was outrage over a spread she was in for Numero a few years back, but that's about it as far as I remember.

She made dumb comments about the N word. Here's the discussion about it on the model behaviour thread:smile:

Yikes, haven't seen that. In that case I agree that Dior is going against its own policy by hiring two models who have been involved in an 'N word' fiasco while Galliano got publicly sacked and humiliated (not that he shouldn't have suffered consequences, don't get me wrong).

^Unfortunately, some comments are more politically correct than others. This is a perfect example of it. It happens a lot in France...

Well I have heard a lot of people using the n***** word because they think it's cool, and it's in a lot of songs, without realizing that they shouldn't but that doesn't mean they are trying to be disrespectful to other people. As for Bella, she is dating that "can't feel my face" guy, right?

Those are just excuses, the reasons why are perhaps best left for discussion elsewhere. In the end, those two have and will get away with it because they've disrespected a group that society does not care about respecting. If they had said something along the lines of Galliano, they'd probably be out of work regardless of their age or who they were dating.

DIOR BEAUTY NEW AMBASSADOR OFFICIAL PORTRAIT
PHOTOGRAPHER: ALEXANDRA UTZMANN
MODEL: BELLA HADID
MAKE-UP PETER PHILIPS

IN UHQ.

VISUALIZING.FASHION

Bella's first print campaign for Christian Dior Cosmetics:

She looks great. Unlike Gigi, she could be a high fashion model without her celebrity status.

she's like a mannequin. very pretty, but she just has no life in her face

That's a really good shot! I have a love/hate relationship with her. Sometimes she looks amazing and other times she looks one dimensional. Her look is suited to very specific styling/hair and make up.

Wowww Credit to the team to make her look like a real model this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velvetmuse
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->