Maybelline Signs Gigi Hadid

She looks half-Asian in some of these pics. Dopey in must others. Really awful work.

She looks half-Asian in some of these pics. Dopey in must others. Really awful work.

Maybelline has a knack for making very attractive girls look terrible. Remember Freja's Maybelline campaigns anyone?

Even though I find some of her campaigns passable, Maybelline is really one of the most aggressive advertisers. Next to Loreal. The current issue of TeenVogue is literally filled with their campaigns. It's sickening.

If it sells it'snot down to her. It's down to the 1001 ads they run in every issue. Sorry, but wow, advertising seems to be getting more aggressiveby the minute. And the biggest cuprits are Loreal and Maybelline. No wonder people are moving to the Katdashians and Rihanna's make-up lines. Nobody wants to be bombarded like that.

I actually like the aesthetic of beauty campaigns, it's a parallel universe of blank stares and perfect skin, where every hue is in harmony and no hair is out of place.

But in UK magazines, you have to go hunting for the drugstore make-up ads, while in American ones, there's no escaping them. Sometimes I think Maybelline and L'Oreal adverts are what keeps US Glamour and Marie Claire alive.

These close-ups really highlight the fact that she would've never come close to becoming a high fashion model if it wasn't for her $$$

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->