Best programs for graphics?

i use Painter for drawing or doing flat template because it has the canvas rotate tool (those damn horizon line can be annoying sometime). I mainly use photoshop for toning skin or create fabric texture. All that say, you still need to get a wacom tablet if you ever want to use those program successfully.

Question: Are Wacom tablets really as good as they're claimed to be? Everyone renders them the god of all tablets. I have a Genius tablet (since Wacom tablets aren't exported to South Africa), but I must say my little Genius tablet treats me quite well and I can't imagine how a tablet can be better.. Why all the fuss about Wacom?

I have a question about InDesign and I'm not sure where else to post it:

When you place an image in a document does that mean it is there permanently? (so that I do not have to keep the original picture from my computer?)

Or is it still linked to the original pic on my comp?

thanks in advance :flower:

i think Paint shop pro is the easiest one for beginners. i started using it when i was like 12 or 13 and then i started using photoshop and illustrator. so if you've never worked with graphic design, i'd say go for Paint shop pro (i still love it more than photoshop and illustrator =p)

i'd start off with photoshop since you can use what you need to, but will still have access to things you may want in the future. if you start off with a different app and want to progress (aka move to photoshop) you will have to relearn the interface and how to do many basic things.

i think Paint shop pro is the easiest one for beginners. i started using it when i was like 12 or 13 and then i started using photoshop and illustrator. so if you've never worked with graphic design, i'd say go for Paint shop pro (i still love it more than photoshop and illustrator =p)

is there something for free?
I always wanted a program because I'm tired of the normal microsoft paint but
before I pay I would stay with it :P

no you have to pay for all ^ but you can download 30-days (or something like that) trials for free ^_^

^right I had something like that from Adobe a while ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->