Blake Lively (PLEASE READ POST #1 BEFORE POSTING)

She's pretty and I like the way she moves and act, which is perfect for Serena, but I don't think she's gorgeous... which doesn't make me fond of her as serena! :D

I've never read the books, but I thought she was ok as Serena. She has that Ice-Queen-Gwyneth Paltrow/Tinsley Mortimer vibe going on, but her acting makes the character more accessible. It seems like everybody and their mother thinks that she is not pretty enough to be Serena, but I personally don't want Serena to be that pretty, she just needs to be a commanding presence and I think she projects this fallen queen bee vibe well.

Absolutely agree with the above poster. I also like that she's tall too (5'10" from what I recall reading? Yay for tall people). Her beauty lies between the typical blonde girl next door and the slightly sharper, edgy but beautiful which I feel is required for Serena.

Actually Serena is needed to be drop dead gorgeous, at least that's what its written i the books...

I think they had to reach a middle ground. It's hard to find someone who is drop dead gorgeous that is actually a good actress too.

Actually Serena is needed to be drop dead gorgeous, at least that's what its written i the books...

Realistically they can't transfer the books directly onto television. Like how Jenny doesn't have the big boobs and is blonde rather than brunette, Katie and Isabella I believe have been mentioned as blonde or brunette rather than Chinese and African and American (I believe, this may not be correct) etc etc - I'm viewing the television series as a separate entity from the books. They may have originated from the same place but they're going in slightly different directions. Gossip Girl the television seems to have an emphasis on Serena as the fallen queen bee/bad girl who's trying to redeem herself whereas I didn't really feel that vibe in the books. Plus, at least Blake Lively can act. In addition to that, 'drop dead gorgeous' is rather subjective isn't it? To me her mix of girl next door and edgy whilst being beautiful is, drop dead gorgeous. Hell I wouldn't mind looking like her :lol::flower:

But I think she is gorgeous in a Manhattan socialite way. She has really sharp/angular features that a lot of models have but it does not make her less beautiful in any way. I think it is more the expectation that teen drama heroines are supposed to look innocent/doe-eyed/sweet-faced like Mischa Barton and Katie Holmes that drive people to say that she is not pretty enough. But Serena shouldn't look like a pretty baby (ala Gemma Ward or Jessica Stam), she should look like a total snot but with a lot of remorse, and I guess that's why I am fine with her sharp angular face.

Yes I wouldnt mind looking like her at all =)
Not everything is her but still its HER
Source:cc

Blake on the Set of "Gossip Girl"

Arent the jeans and stuff her style? In that case her style is simple but cool :heart::blush:
I love it =)

Launch party for the new book by Tommy Hilfiger in NY-Arrivals- Sept 5, 2007

Blake Lively from the new TV show Gossip Girl at the CW network upfronts on May 17

:blush:^_^She is very sweet looking.. I hope this is back on topic kissmesweet :ninja:

I like her look. She has the blonde hair and the sort of preppy features but her strong nose makes her look more interesting. It saves her from seeming generic. I have an article on her actually I'll scan it right now :flower:

oh wow...i thought that dog from the set of gossip girl was a stuffed toy at first...

I like her look. She has the blonde hair and the sort of preppy features but her strong nose makes her look more interesting. It saves her from seeming generic. I have an article on her actually I'll scan it right now :flower:
please :flower: Thanks sweetie :heart:^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
versacebandana
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->