Bravo's Make Me a Supermodel

ChrissyM

girl who fell to earth
Reaction score
The first episode of this show just aired..
i couldn't seem to find a thread on it in here so i figured i'd start one..

hosted by Nikki Taylor and Tyson Beckford it looks like we actually get to vote on who we want to save (from the bottom three) each week..

i just watched and found it entertaining and more realistic than shows like america's next top model..

any other opinions?

About:

Bravo is on the hunt for the next great Supermodels with hosts Niki Taylor and Tyson Beckford. It begins by unveiling the top 24 beautiful and talented men and women who will compete for a spot on the new reality competition series "Make Me A Supermodel." In a casting special, the 24 finalists will be whittled down to the 14 models that will ultimately compete for $100,000 and a modeling contract with New York Model Management -- a professional modeling agency committed to promoting top talent and exciting new faces to the fashion industry with a roster of models that includes Elle Macpherson, Sarah O’Hare, Omahyra, Travis and Mathias.

During the run of the series, Bravo viewers will vote each week to determine who stays to walk the "Supermodel" catwalk again and who goes home. Over a 12-week period, 14 hopefuls will live together in a New York City loft and explore friendships, romance and naked ambition while undergoing a series of creative challenges designed to test their professional modeling potential. This series will explore what it takes to turn the exceptionally good-looking into the king or queen of the catwalk.

"Make Me A Supermodel" is produced by Tiger Aspect Productions, a division of IMG Media. Lisa Perrin, Andrew Zein and Jamie Munro are executive producers. It is based on the successful UK series.
bravotv.com

apparently you can vote up to 10 times per voting method..
so you could vote 10 times online, and 10 times from as many phones as you can get your hands on..
once was enough for me though :innocent:

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn this Time Zone!!
I just can't stand having to see the commercial six times a day but I'll probaly watch.maybe

tyson is HOT! :wub: Smoldering! :shifty:

not that I'm straight or anything...:rolleyes: :D

I like the girl with the big ears...hot walk and great personality...I just saw the pre-show (Meet the models) though. I'll watch the first episode tonight...

Definitely looks more promising than ANTM since industry folks are actually involved in choosing the models for the show.

i keep trying to get on bravo's web site so i can vote but they must be inundated by people trying to get on there or something because it won't load :judge:

boo!

i also wanted to post the "about" info they have about the show but i can't seem to access that either :ermm:

i'll probably just add that to my first post later..

I wonder how the voting thing goes...Because it the preview show they made it seem like the viewers only get to vote for a couple of the models...:unsure: which is probably a good thing...

That one blonde boy from Atlanta (Carson?) is dreeeamy :crush:

EDIT: Haha, his name is Casey. I can't wait to see this episode!

Whatever happened to Igor? I guess he didn't make it on but kind of weird to put him in the promos. :huh:

Whatever happened to Igor? I guess he didn't make it on but kind of weird to put him in the promos. :huh:

I was wondering the same thing actually..
he's in all of the promos but the prison guard who actually won the online vote and is on the show isn't in the promos..

very strange..
i thought it would somehow be explained in the premier episode last night but there was absolutely no mention..

The fact that the general population's votes are what will pick the winner just makes it a sham, imo (although I will still watch it :shifty:). Most people don't 'get' what makes a model a model. They think models should be "hot" and "pretty" and don't understand that it's about so much more, in high fashion especially, so for me these shows are always a bit pointless.

Look at ANTM... they are casting 25 yr olds, 5'5" girls who aren't always photogenic -- all of these things are unrealistic in the modeling world!

While MMAS seems like the hosts have a better idea than Tyra at what a model should be, I still am really skeptical. I am addicted to loads of silly shows, though, so I'll def be watching. It's early yet so maybe it will turn out to be a good show, I don't mean to be so negative about it :flower:

I hope Dominic doesn't go...:cry:

I don't see what's so great about Perry? His look is slightly off, like a poor man's Jamie Dornan, plus his upper body is way to big...

I hope Dominic stays too! That guy is so gorgeous. And he has the best body on the show IMO.

My favorites;
01. Shannon
02. Stephanie
03. Holly
04. Casey
05. Dominic(hopefully he stays)
06. Jacki

[bravo]

Attachments

• bravo14.png
    bravo14.png
    118.4 KB · Views: 13
  • bravo12.png
    bravo12.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 4
  • bravo6.png
    bravo6.png
    150 KB · Views: 396
  • bravo2.png
    bravo2.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 393
  • bravo4.png
    bravo4.png
    144 KB · Views: 7
  • bravo7.png
    bravo7.png
    138.4 KB · Views: 1
Love Holly
Hate Casey. I think it's a personality thing and his nose bothers me.

So much better than ANTM.

The fact that the general population's votes are what will pick the winner just makes it a sham, imo (although I will still watch it :shifty:). Most people don't 'get' what makes a model a model. They think models should be "hot" and "pretty" and don't understand that it's about so much more, in high fashion especially, so for me these shows are always a bit pointless.

Look at ANTM... they are casting 25 yr olds, 5'5" girls who aren't always photogenic -- all of these things are unrealistic in the modeling world!

While MMAS seems like the hosts have a better idea than Tyra at what a model should be, I still am really skeptical. I am addicted to loads of silly shows, though, so I'll def be watching. It's early yet so maybe it will turn out to be a good show, I don't mean to be so negative about it :flower:

really good points here inaya..
letting the general public vote is very iffy..
tfs-ers might recognize the top people in the group but the average american definitely does not..

i think the casting in this show is MUCH better than ANTM, where like you said the girls that are cast are often too old to be breaking into the modelling industry..
there seems to be a lot of late teens/early 20s in the contestants here, so it's definitely a bit more realistc..
and i feel like this group looks so much more like models than the ANTM girls..

and the photography (from the one episode that has aired) is a billion times better than on ANTM where the photos always look overly airbrushed/weirdly lit/very fake etc.
some of the pictures that were taken in the premiere episode look good enough to appear in magazines and i don't think the same can be said for antm..

as for dominic..
i voted for him to stay because i prefer him to the two girls in the bottom three..
but there is a definite stiffness to him, which is obvious from his photo
he looks very tense..

we'll see what happens..
i will definitely keep watching because at the very least this show is entertaining ^_^

and most of the guys are really good looking :P

Chrissy, you also raise some great points! :heart:

I had only seen the first episode before just now and I definitely agree that the casting of models is much more realistic than ANTM. The judges seem much more capable than Tyra but still, like I said, the outcome could be not the best due to the general public being the people who get to decide.

^^yeah i agree..
i feel like i'm ultimately going to be disappointed in the person who america chooses..

but then again, it's not like american idol where everyone is at risk every week..

we only vote on the 3 people who the judges (who seem to be a capable group) decide were the weakest of the week..
so maybe the strongest, most supermodel-worthy will actually make it to the end?

i guess we'll have to wait and see ^_^

Ha Ha that's what I like most about ANTM is that it's unrealistic...

Most of the people on this new show are boring looking...like you'd see most of them in the back of a magazine asking you to call them on a 900 number.

It's just another dumb model show. The only show that dealt with fashion & modeling that I really enjoyed was The Agency. I love that show!

The worst: America's Most Smartest Model. It was despicable.

America's Most Smartest Model was craptastic fun...Yeah, Dominic was definately stiff but he's so my type and he needs to be on my tv on a weekly basis. :innocent:

That girl who refused to wear the thong should have been in the bottom 3, they shouldn't have given her a pass for her stupidity. Can you imagine doing that to a real client? She would have been kicked to the curb so fast her head would spin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->