Casey Johnson (Johnson & Johnson Heiress) Dies

It's sad but the worst part is that Tila is going to be milking this for YEARS. Ugh.

Tila is such a disgusting wh*re! I cannot stand her stupid ***.
I hate being so negative towards people I don't know, but Tila
is just a media wh*re! Who ****ing tweets while dealing with
someones loss? Only a ******** tramp with no class or education.

Casey is in a much better place now. R.I.P

Now that I think about it... :innocent:

I can't believe Tila is tweeting about her death too! And the fact she was probably dead for days when Tila believes she was in a coma...quite sad...

she tweets twice that she needs privacy but continues to tweet!? give me a break!

yes, that what I am thinking. Tila is just fame who*e, literally.

I did hear she did have diabetes and did not take care of herself.
and from pictures what I have seen from her she did not look very well.
more like walking death...I am sorry to say this but that how I saw her.

Born Rich: The Life and Death of Heiress Casey Johnson

Born into the Johnson & Johnson clan's billions, Casey Johnson was among the first celebutantes to decamp to Hollywood in search of 21C fame. She died alone in a crumbling Mulholland Drive manse, her body undiscovered for days.

She was 30 years old.

In her relatively short life, Casey embodied a number of romantic, moneyed archetypes. Raised from fabulous wealth on Fifth Avenue, Casey was a precocious Eloise, receiving her first Chanel purse at the age of ten. She was a Gossip Girl's Serena van der Woodsen, graduating from a tony Manhattan private school and enrolling at Brown — only to drop out freshman year to intern for queen bee publicist Lizzie Grubman. She was Paris Hilton's foil before Nicole Richie was. (Turning down Nicole's role in The Simple Life was "the worst mistake in my life.") In her final year, alleged mental and chemical troubles led to her family cutting off her finances, turning Casey into a lonely Grey Gardens dame:

Her house on Mulholland Drive is a mess. The electricity is off, there are rats, the pool is green. She was supposed to be evicted and her Porsche is being repossessed.

And now she is an exemplar of the painful, public collapses that keep happening at the juncture of privilege and fame.

In her final months, Casey's family and loved ones distanced themselves from her. Mother Sale Johnson (divorced from Casey's father Woody Johnson, owner of the New York Jets and great-grandson of a Johnson & Johnson founder) had apparently cut Casey off in an attempt to force her daughter into rehab. Sale took over custody of Casey's adopted daughter Ava, after friends said Casey would abandon the girl for days at a time to party. Girlfriend Courtenay Semel swore Casey off after a mutual friend accused Casey of breaking into her home and discarding a used vibrator in her bed.

Into this vacuum, hardknock stripper-turned-reality star Tila Tequila alighted suddenly—but with considerable fanfare—last month. In lingerie and full makeup, Johnson and Tequila announced their engagement on Tila's livestream web channel, under the headline "MEET MY NEW FIANCE CASEY JOHNSON HEIRESS OF JOHNSON & JOHNSON EMPIRE!" Diamond necklace shimmering and breasts heaving, a silent, smiling Casey looks on while Tila shouts "bam!" and waves a "17-carat diamond ring" before the camera.

The effect is tawdry, even by non-scion standards. In one video, Casey chases her pet dog down the street in her underpants. The hashtag #TilaAddiction appeared frequently in the heiress' Twitter stream—including during supposedly live-tweeted pleasure sessions. Casey's final December 29th tweets—and thus the final record of her life—coincide with the last time Tila claims she saw Casey, before the pair fought and fell out of touch, perhaps because Casey turned off her phone.

Casey's earliest scandal came to define the generational divide between the Jackie Onassis-cast socialites of yore and the nipple-slipping Paris Hiltons of today: At the age of 26, Casey accused her aunt Libet Johnson, 56, of seducing and stealing her boyfriend—all on the New York Post's Page Six, where Casey ridiculed her middle-aged aunt's love life, sex life, and emotional state. In a Vanity Fair profile, Suzanna Andrew writes,

[P]eople felt that they were watching more than just a delicious feud inside one of America's richest families; it was a changing of the guard, in which a generation steeped in decorum and jealously guarded privacy was giving way to a tougher breed, one given to using obnoxious exhibitionism, louche MySpace offerings, and bad press as social weapons.

The five-times-married Libet had, of course, had a dramatic personal life before Casey intervened. But Libet's generation's sense of decorum — coupled with Libet's obsessively controlled zone of personal privacy — had never been violated quite so spectacularly. The dignified Libet had finally met her match, and it was her photogenic, snarling cherub of a niece, stooping to conquer. The mercurial Casey — known to at least one member of Libet's generation as "the dreadful Casey" — became one of the enfant terribles of a new Hollywood class of rich-girl cat-fighters. Casey reportedly instigated the violent spat between Bijou Phillips and Playboy Playmate Nicole Lenz that ended in several lawsuits, as well as a Bungalow 8 brawl in which Nicole Richie accidentally sliced open her boyfriend's face with broken glass. She posed on the red carpet making out with women, tweeted about her sex life, blew kisses to the paparazzi. She was reportedly obsessed with fame, particularly in starring in a reality TV show, even as she claimed to have left New York to get away from Page Six and Manhattan's society-watching vultures. Maybe she was lying about it, maybe she changed her mind—or maybe the brighter lights and higher drama of Hollywood just suited her better.

Casey wasn't the only Johnson to break from the family's scrupulously well-mannered styling; while Casey was clashing with Libet and her peers, her close-in-age uncle (i.e., cousin-like) Jamie Johnson was directing Born Rich, an HBO documentary that won two Emmy's for its portrayal of children of privilege, and the pathos of having too much.

All that opportunity and potential, only to end up lying dead for days in an old house, the last chapter in a life that took a wrong turn years ago. And her gold-digging girlfriend can't stop performing for one moment.

^I third that. You know she's gone too far when Perez Hilton calls her out on it:
#@officialtila I'm amazed you're not broadcasting live, showing us you're "grieving"! That's totally something trash like you would do! about 7 hours ago from web

twitter.com/PerezHilton

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is a bit strange that Paris Hilton and Nicole meet at Nicky's house and mourn about her friend. Casey Johnson died alone. It seems that none of her rich friends cared enough for her to pay the electricity bills or get someone to kill the rats in her place. I find it quite disturbing that when a celebrity dies, all good friends come crawling out of their holes, but they didnt do anything for her friend when she was alive. How do you feel about it? I mean I can understand that her family freezed her bank acocunts because she had a problem with ... (you know what), but at least they could have paid her electricity bills

^ Her family might not have known how severe her living situation had become. In these type of situations its so hard to know what really happened and who knew what. So much gossip is spread but little truth is revealed. And considering the family she came from I'm sure we'll never find out the whole story.

Their are some candids of Tila cleaning Casey's house, she is SMILING and POSING?!?!?! That girl is sick.

I think it is a bit strange that Paris Hilton and Nicole meet at Nicky's house and mourn about her friend. Casey Johnson died alone. It seems that none of her rich friends cared enough for her to pay the electricity bills or get someone to kill the rats in her place. I find it quite disturbing that when a celebrity dies, all good friends come crawling out of their holes, but they didnt do anything for her friend when she was alive. How do you feel about it? I mean I can understand that her family freezed her bank acocunts because she had a problem with ... (you know what), but at least they could have paid her electricity bills

THANK YOU. What's with Paris and all of them now releasing statements about how devastated they are etc. etc. when a maid was the one that discovered her days old corpse.
I'm not saying that they could have been able to to save her. I'm saying that a girl who was notoriously unstable and who had so many personal demons goes unheard from for days on end and all these close "friends" and a fiancee (all of whom knew about these issues) didn't wonder if something was up? No one bothered to even check?

I have plenty of friends who I don't hear from for days at a time. I wouldn't assume they are dead just because I don't have a text. If it was my fiance, however, I would probably get worried.

No one bothered to even check?
Exactly :flower: just my thought

And of course I don't check on my friends every day, because they are mentally stable. Casey, however, tried to kill herself in November (so say the news, maybe just a rumour) and if there is a slight chance that a good friend of mine feels suicidal, I would check on her more often or even invite her to stay at my place until her situation settles. That's what friends should do.

Hollywood seems to be such a superficial place and friendship doesnt seem to mean anything at all.

^ I grew up in that Hollywood sh**hole and I think its not as superficial as people are judging it.

I'm just going to say that she was a very interestingly beautiful person inside and showed that and didnt give a fu** who liked her or not but was a guarded person about her doings like as if she didnt want to be judged down on what she did. Many people who knew her definitely was shut out of many details of her doings and not for the lack of trying. My certain friend try so much and he did and she just was avoiding. He tried all he can to keep in touch and kept saying how fine and wonderful she was on the phone but didnt want to hang out anymore, didnt invite him over to dinner like before. Still she was always randomly like that. Maybe she lived like the media is claiming she did and that is very sad indeed if true but seemed like, at least to my friend, she hid it well. Don't know how much of these celebrity friends had contact with her lately, but they very well could've tried and was told how things were fab. Sometimes cant even get a call back for months he says, and then sometimes she was wanting to hang out and talk all the time so her absenses was normal. I can only convey what my friend said and he is at a shock. He knew she wasnt at her best, but from how she talked it didnt sound like it was this bad or he cant even confirm what the media is saying cuz its all news to him. Only judgement I can make is Tila doesnt need a giant ring if Casey couldnt even make bills like the media claims. Love isn't "ballin' " it's the most beautiful in its simplest forms of sacrifice for bettering your partners life.

You can only do so much offering of help and guidance but only people can make the changes in their lives. He kept distance because she avoided hanging out but not for his lack of trying to keep in touch. Maybe she did that with a lot of people so I wouldnt even judge Paris Hilton because we don't know how their friendship has been the last few years- for all we know Paris has been texting her and being told life is grand. And even if they arent the best of friends at the end, they were friends at one point and always did hung out....doesnt that mean something? You can't be devastated because someone you hung out with and know and is close to your age is dead? I havent read her statements but I dont think its out of bounds for any relations to her to put out a statement so long as its respectful of Casey. I don't know what Tila was doing, but if you got into a fight with someone and came knocking at their door and they don't answer, I dont quite find it weird. Some people are like that and need their space and air and isolation for a long effing time. All I'm saying is its easier said than done to "check" on someone who doesnt want to be "found" and she has a history doing that with friends already. It's not like you can break into her house everytime you're worried because half the time in the past she's just gone on a friend hiatus.

Speculations arent gonna get anyone anywhere. A lot of people tried to be in her life and I just want to show that clear.

I guess I'm just tired and this is personal- I knew her but I'm not gonna claim were friends now because she's dead and I dont need my 5 minutes, but it's just weird when you read about someone that is a friends friend that you know and learn it for the first time on a forum and end up calling friends to see if their coping.

RIP, Love. I don't know what happened to you, but I guess everyone has their right time to go. You were still young and many people werent ready for this. I hope things are just right for you where ever you are.

Casey Johnson death - Tila Tequila battles Perez Hilton on Twitter

While the LA County Coroner's Office continues its examinations related to the death of Casey Johnson, and celebrities from Paris Hilton and Nicky Hilton to Lindsay Lohan share their grief online, blogger Perez Hilton has launched a full-scale Twitter attack on Casey Johnson's wife-to-be, Tila Tequila.
Perez Hilton, who on his blog describes Casey Johnson as "drug plagued" and having recently "left a stint in rehab" and filed the post under "Drugs", started the tweet attack 14 hours ago from the writing of this blog post.
Perez Hilton believes and has said that Tila Tequila is using the passing of Casey Johnson to promote herself:
@officialtila Tweet away, honey. The more you Tweet, the more your true colors reveal themselves. And they are vile! about 14 hours ago from web
@officialtila I'm amazed you're not broadcasting live, showing us you're "grieving"! That's totally something trash like you would do! about 14 hours ago from web
Tila Tequila responded back with a slew of tweets, starting with this one:
@PerezHilton have some decency! You love poking fun at people who have passed away dont you? First Mocking MJ's Death & now My FIance's? about 14 hours ago from web in reply to PerezHilton
Which Perez elected to answer back with...
@officialtila You should try and get custody of her daughter. That'd be GREAT publicity, all you crave in life! about 14 hours ago from web
Tila responds:
@PerezHilton Actually Casey & I were going to do that next. That was my Wife's wish was for me to adopt ava. Ur jus jealous nobody loves u. about 14 hours ago from web in reply to PerezHilton
And..
Lonely @perezhilton Cant find anyone else to pick on so now he thinks he can pick on me cuz I'm in a vulnerable state with my wife passing about 14 hours ago from web
But Perez Hilton has to "up" the nastiness:
@officialTila OF COURSE that's what she wanted! Suuuure! Why would anyone believe YOU???? You are a PATHOLOGICAL LIAR! about 13 hours ago from web in reply to officialTila
@officialTila And I DO have decency. That's why I will NEVER mention you on my site again. I care too much about my readers! about 13 hours ago from web
@officialTila Go back to grieving and exploiting her death. You're great at being soulless! about 13 hours ago from web
And Tila continues her tweets in kind:
@PerezHilton oh after watching your b*tch crying snot throwing video about how my friend @Iamrealwill punched U..it was 2 embarassing! about 14 hours ago from web in reply to PerezHilton
Truly a sad individual @perezhilton first u Mock the death of Michael Jackson and now this? U seriously need God. Wait. God Rejected you. about 14 hours ago from web
And it went on for some time this morning, with Twitterers taking sides. But this is one place where Perez Hilton's best move would have been to leave Tila Tequila alone. The death of a loved one is sacred ground, even in the blogosphere.
While it's certainly true that Tila Tequila has done some questionable things over the past year (and surely didn't have to call 911 on Paris Hilton in the matter of Casey Johnson's dog) it does not give Carte Blanch for the kind of attack Perez Hilton has leveled on her.
Moreover, there's a certain way a man should talk to a woman, and that way should not stop because Perez Hilton is gay.
The "news" here is that the exchange is a path-breaking moment in New Media. Seeing how far Perez Hilton stretches the bounds of decency without being hit with a defamation lawsuit is interesting. It's not an approach bloggers should adapt at all, regardless of whatever traffic it produces.
Has Perez been sued? Yes, and for $25 million in the case of Wargo v. Lavandeira but that was dismissed. The reason is that the plaintiff, Diane Wargo, had claimed that Perez did not have the right to print an email she wrote which contained homophobic slurs. As a result of the posted email, which contained Wargo's place of work, address, and contact information, Wargo claims she was fired from her job.
Wargo sued Perez Hilton, aka Mario Lavandeira and 25 anonymous comment posters. The case was dismissed after several motions because of lack of "personal jurisdiction": the lawsuit was filed in Ohio, but because Perez Hilton does not transact business there, the lawsuit was considered invalid.
In other words, Perez prevailed on a legal technicality.
Even with that, while it's true that celebrities are public figures - and anyone that attracts "Internet chatter" is called a limited purpose public figure - the law does not mean that you can just tee-off on someone as Perez has done.
Moreover, as one who's lost six friends over the past two years, the most recent funeral on Tuesday of this week, the key word is always sympathy. If Tila Tequila's destiny is to have a larger audience because of the death of Casey Johnson, so be it. That may very will be God's will; Perez Hilton has no power to reverse the outcome. Indeed, his tweets just helped it along.

THANK YOU. What's with Paris and all of them now releasing statements about how devastated they are etc. etc. when a maid was the one that discovered her days old corpse.
I'm not saying that they could have been able to to save her. I'm saying that a girl who was notoriously unstable and who had so many personal demons goes unheard from for days on end and all these close "friends" and a fiancee (all of whom knew about these issues) didn't wonder if something was up? No one bothered to even check?

I can officially confirm with my friend that he had spoken to the Hilton girls about what they can do for her memory along with other friends and no their grief isn't bullsh**. They're as real as he is and they suffered a lost too. They still were her close friends, but of course the media doesn't cover the boring details of a friendship. It's pretty known I dont like Hiltons as a celebrity nor as a person, but I'm gonna defend them because they should have respect at a time of mourning and they aren't making a spectacle of it. Yeah Tila kinda is overdoing it and does in general like attention but even with her I wouldnt judge she sincerity because she lost someone. Being a online personality that shares everything, as indecent as it may seem for certain subjects, is what's normal to her and this is a big part of her life. It would be abnormal to be mum at this time. At this moment I don't think anyone has the right to judge the friends and family of someone who passed. There are a lot of details you don't know about to say such things. like I mentioned in my previous post- She had disappearances before, she would either just be alone or she would hole up with a friend and not tell anyone and would come back when she feels better. And just because it's Hollywood doesnt mean it's souless you have no idea how much screaming and crying and yelling so many people have done after trying so hard to help their friend out.

No one could've saved someone whose time was up even if you are there everyday- I know I spent every waking day with one friend except for when we went to bed (I came to wake him everyday and make breakfast and left his house everynight after our night jog) and one day I found him permanently asleep with a shot gun and a goodbye note. Someone may be troubled and you can "check" on them all you want but sometimes you can't be superman and save them. Sometimes as much as this sound harsh wish I didn't do that because in the end it hurt a piece of my soul for what felt like nothing. I tried so hard to make a turnaround and in the end he is still gone. I understand why a lot of people left her and should be respected because some gave their all and had nothing left to give anymore and need to keep your distance for the sake of yourself, and I understand why a lot did stay too- either way it doesnt take away from the fact that all lost someone important whether they were present near the end or not.

I've been seeing alot of sentiments like this but i just want to inject that first of all casey was 30 years old and all her friends are also grown with their own families and problems. Its strange that you would excuse her family....especially during the holidays but not her friends. I don't want to compare her to Lindsay Lohan, but if something bad happens to lindsay for example (i really hope not!) can we seriously blame anyone for not looking out for her? at a point you just have to leave a troubled person alone and hope for the best....especially when they are adults.

If I had a childhood friend who I had known all my life and then hung out and partied with well into my late teens/early twenties and we'd still see each other sometimes, I would be devastated as well. So you can't really blame Paris & Nicky for looking after her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookbabe001
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->