Casting Directors : Who Are They? What Do They Do? Etc...

^Makes sense, but then the agency would be M4 and they are hardly a "boutique agency with 5 working models". She was already with M4 before her Jil Sander Exclusive, so I don't really think it's her.

I thought maybe Alina Schulzen? She's with VIA (still, but the text didn't say she's switched) and started off with a Gucci excl. in F/W 16.

Guys, there's a reason why the models decided to speak anonymously. Let's discuss the topic without trying to "expose" them please. :flower:

you're right, sorry. feel free to delete my post.

Piergiorgio will be Givenchy's new casting director.

Piergiorgio will be Givenchy's new casting director.

Oh no. No no no no no no no no no no no no. I can already see Gigi and Bella opening and closing the show. He is so predictable. He is the most predictable casting director out there. He goes for what's hot in the market. He listens to what other people have to say. He is not a visionary casting director. Just when I thought Givenchy just escaped a dark period of having an image relationship with kanye and the kardashians, now we have to deal with the Hadids.

Watch this box, I'm calling it first: Gigi and Bella opening and closing the Givenchy show.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh no. No no no no no no no no no no no no. I can already see Gigi and Bella opening and closing the show. He is so predictable. He is the most predictable casting director out there. He goes for what's hot in the market. He listens to what other people have to say. He is not a visionary casting director. Just when I thought Givenchy just escaped a dark period of having an image relationship with kanye and the kardashians, now we have to deal with the Hadids.

Watch this box, I'm calling it first: Gigi and Bella opening and closing the Givenchy show.

Im not really excited about him casting the show but I'm not sure he will bring the Hadid sisters there , it depends on the vision Givenchy will have and if Claire continues on the footstep of Tisci then for sure Bella get the show since she used to be a Givenchy regular but not Gigi. He will probably bring all the Versace girls out there as well and I hope not espacially the VS girl ( like Taylor Hill..terrible runway model). I dont mind seeing girls he cast for Saint Laurent for example with addition of veteran gils like Anja Karmen Sasha Jourdan Natasha..

But I guess we will see:smile:

^ That news doesn't come as a surprise to me, it actually seems rather fitting to be honest. He's seems to cast everything nowadays.

Just a thought, with Natacha Ramsay-Levi leaving LV. I'm wondering if she'll bring over MAS and Brokaw for Chloé? That might be mistake since their aesthetic is so strong it might end up similar to Rabanne & LV.

(If she's in demand with the whole Ulrikke controversy... it doesn't seem to have effected her much ... laying low was smart :unsure:)

PG has no intention of using any Instagram models for Givenchy nor have CWK and her chosen stylist ever worked with any of them before, and certainly do not plan to start now. They instead plan to move in the complete opposite direction from Tisci.

Most of the time the decision for either Bella or Gigi to open or close does not come from PG, but instead nearly always comes from the designer. The role of casting directors is to suggest ideas, not to make the final decisions.

Don't be so quick to jump to conclusions.

PG has no intention of using any Instagram models for Givenchy nor have CWK and her chosen stylist ever worked with any of them before, and certainly do not plan to start now. They instead plan to move in the complete opposite direction from Tisci.

Most of the time the decision for either Bella or Gigi to open or close does not come from PG, but instead nearly always comes from the designer. The role of casting directors is to suggest ideas, not to make the final decisions.

I agree, I really don't think those girls are going to show up

I do hope my conclusion is wrong because I cannot deal with seeing another show with bella and gigi opening and closing. I'm literally sick to my core seeing them.

Ashley Brokaw is now a contributing casting director for British Vogue.

Ashley Brokaw is new casting director for Chloé.

What are you currently working on?

Currently, I am working on Raf Simon’s second show for Calvin Klein. At the same time, I am preparing for the JW Anderson show in London, the Prada show in Milan,
the Louis Vuitton and Loewe shows in Paris and Natacha Ramsay-Levi’s debut show for Chloe! It’s quite a busy time for me but exciting and full of high energy.
beautyandwellbeing.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^Expected. I hope it's not the same MAS girls

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->