Cate Blanchett to play Bob Dylan in biopic

Scott

Stitch:the Hand
Reaction score
from Yahoo! News

NEW YORK - Oscar winner Cate Blanchett, who has portrayed Queen Elizabeth and Katharine Hepburn, will add another legend to her resume:Bob Dylan. The 37-year-old Australian actress is one of seven actors to play Dylan at various stages of his career in the biopic, "I'm Not There," tentatively scheduled for release next year. She'll portray a specific aspect of Dylan's personality, embodied by an androgynous singer-songwriter character named Jude, according to Killer Films, the movie's production company.

Heath Ledger and his girlfriend and "Brokeback Mountain" co-star Michelle Williams have also joined the cast, along with Christian Bale,Julianne Moore and Richard Gere.

The movie will be directed by Todd Haynes, who helmed 2002 movie "Far from Heaven" and 1998's "Velvet Goldmine," about rock icon David Bowie.
Blanchett will next be seen in the upcoming dramas "Babel," opposite Brad Pitt, and "The Good German," alongside George Clooney.

This sounds very interesting. Cate Blanchett is proving to be one of the most prolific actresses of this era.

Odd that they'd choose such a feminine looking women to play Dylan, though now that I think about it, I can see her pulling it off (it's the nose)

That's quite a cast they've rounded up, it should be quite the movie.

I think it sounds great, I´m so excited about it, I just wonder how young she´s supposed to be in the film?

Charlotte Gainsbourg is in this as well!

from IMDB:
"Ruminations on the life of Bob Dylan, where seven characters embody a different aspect of the musician's life and work."

sounds very interesting.

She'll portray a specific aspect of Dylan's personality, embodied by an androgynous singer-songwriter character named Jude
this should be interesting. cate is one of my favourite actresses so i can't wait to see this film :heart:

well i think also that they look quite similar :D

200px-Bob_Dylan_by_Daniel_Kramer.jpg
cate_blanchett2.jpg

wikipedia.org kleo.ru

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott said:
Cate Blanchett is proving to be one of the most prolific actresses of this era.
I couldn't agree more with this, Cate is a truely talented actor :blush:

Well.... I think some ppl are getting confused...she's embodying an aspect of Dylan's personality - not actually portraying the man himself!

The film sounds great though - I'm a big Cate fan too.

Cate's Australian?! I thought she was English! Wow, she's good at faking accents. Love Cate; she was so pretty in Elizabeth:blush:

Looks like they have a stellar cast (how many award nominated/winning stars can you spot in that article?) for the Dylan bio....but IMO looks like they're trying a little too hard to get the same success as the Johnny Cash movie.

Sidenote: Velvet Goldmine was about David Bowie?? What the--?

^I actually don't think this is the same kind of biopic that Walk the Line was.....this sounds more experimental and conceptual - not just a straightforward bio pic.

Charlotte Gainsbourg!! :woot: She doesn't do too many films(Jane Eyre was her last,yes?)...must be something compelling for her to do it.

You're right Susie,sounds a bit more surreal and conceptual than an blatant bio. Kind of in the vein of "Being John Malkovich".

vain jane,I saw that too. I always thought VG was about the glam rock era in general with ficticious artists and bands.

This sounds much more interesting than your run of the mill bio pic...
and if anyone can pull this off it's Cate Blanchett.

Why should she have to look like Dylan at all? She's not playing him, it's an aspect of his personality.

and Julianne Moore needs to start being in good films again. Yay!

Does Bob Dylan have anything to say about this proposed movie?
He got real upset when they wanted to include him in the Edie Sedgwick movie.

Come on, guys, Cate NEVER messes something up. She'll do great.

Does Bob Dylan have anything to say about this proposed movie?
He got real upset when they wanted to include him in the Edie Sedgwick movie.

I think that's because it's a sh*tty movie :innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
violette28
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->