Cate Blanchett

she's one of my favourite actresses. i saw the good german last night, and while i wasn't particularly a fan of the script, the acting - hers in particular - was amazing. i've decided she can pull off any voice/accent, in any time period.

favourite films she's been in:
coffee & cigarettes
elizabeth
the aviator
the life aquatic
the lord of the rings

:heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
cate received an oscar nom for best supporting actress for "notes on a scandal"

Yay, congratulations Cate on the Oscar nomination! She is my hands down favorite actress today, and her style is always amazing. She can wear things that no one else can wear...and even when it is not a "slam dunk" ...like her Oscar gown (I liked it but didn't love it) or the blue Balenciaga she just wore to an event ...on her, it works and she always looks more elegant and stylish than 99% of the actresses at an event. I think part of it is that she is elegant no matter what...

I'm so excited for the OScars!!!!!! Although I have feeling Jennifer Hudson is going to win :(

JHud deserves it as well! However since it's her first nomination I doubt that! Cate is having a great chance!

I want her to wear the gorgeous black and gold haute couture gown from the dior show. with a little modification of course.

|PerfectTonight| said:
JHud deserves it as well! However since it's her first nomination I doubt that! Cate is having a great chance!

Well Jennifer Hudson won the Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress and I think the Oscar winners usually end up being the ones who won the Golden Globe...

^ usually the Golden Globes are a good indicator but there have only ever been two occasions that an acting oscar has been given out when the movie was NOT nominated for best picture - 1963 when Patricia Neal and Melvyn Douglas won Actress and Supporting Actor for Hud. The girls from babel have the best chance statistically speaking...

^oh thanks!!!! so this year is a little bit more complicated....lets hope Cate wins!!! I liked her performance in Notes on a Scandal better than the actresses in Babel.

Congrats to Cate on her Oscar nom! Can't wait to see what she wears.

You're welcome :smile: - The Oscars is like my Superbowl, I'm a complete junkie for all the stats and history side of it. It really is pathetic haha

I really really want to see Notes on a Scandal. Judi Dench + Cate Blanchett = it can't NOT be amazing, right?

I actually liked Babel alot. I thought it was more of an ensemble film though, however Rinko was really amazing in it playing the deaf-mute character.

I like the Oscars but I prefer the Golden Globes and the Emmys since I am more into TV Show than movies.

I would be happy for Cate if she won but I would prefer to see more of an underdog actor who hasn't won or been nominated before win, like the Little Miss Sunshine girl or one of the Babel actresses.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^omg you MUST go see Notes on a Scandal!!!! It is soo good!
^wouldn't that be cute if Abigail Breslin won?

I do want to see it and I'm sure its good. Hearing a response like yours make me want to see it even more. Cate always does an amazing job. Babel and LMS are good too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->