Celebs Who Carry Fake Handbags... Let's Discuss!

Actress Gina Torres wearing a fake Hermes Birkin on the T.V show Suits they do not make them in patent leather :blink:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-08-21 at 11.21.06 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-08-21 at 11.21.06 AM.png
    273.3 KB · Views: 89
remember to list your source for every image you post. :flower:

some people say this bag is fake, but I am not sure...

kelly-osbourne-lax-purple__oPt.jpg

perezhilton

I always thought Birkins could be custom ordered. Like Kim's xmas gift from Kanye? or was that just customized after the fact? idk but I am skeptical that a show like Suits would purchase fakes for their stars.

Hahaha well...Paris is known for carrying fakes... =P I wonder where she buys them? Off the street?? Haha picture the street vendor being approached by Paris... LOL

Honestly?!! I SO Don't get it!!! And yeah, the street vendor probably wouldn't think it was her!!!

When I saw this thread, Celion Dion cames to my mind. I still remembered she bought a bunch of fakes in China.

Interesting, but it's a common thing for the uber-wealthy in China to mix knock-offs with the real thing -- such as real LV shoes with a fake LV bag -- despite having more than enough to purchase the real ones. They do so because it adds an interesting twist, and there's probably some sense of thrill in doing so since they can afford the real versions -- and probably do have the real versions. I first read about it in The Cult of the Luxury Brand -- insightful book, by the way.

Arab singer Waad carrying a fake birkin, Hermes does not make them in python, not even by custom order.

Picture take from SnapChat

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 60
Interesting topic:Pink:
Guess not all of them knew they were using a fake?:huh:

^ If I have a fake, I know it, because I got it from a disreputable source. (I don't, btw ...) A lot of people buy fakes knowingly. One would think those in this thread should know too ... but it would be interesting to know a couple of the backstories. One would think even if the bags were gifted, it should be obvious what's legit/what's not ...

I always thought Birkins could be custom ordered. Like Kim's xmas gift from Kanye? or was that just customized after the fact? idk but I am skeptical that a show like Suits would purchase fakes for their stars.

Totally agreed, I mean they do not have to spend that kind of money on costume/accessories for the characters especially since it's not a fashion driven show. Birkin or any other 'proper' looking handbag would have done the trick. The costume department should be in trouble:lol:

^ If I have a fake, I know it, because I got it from a disreputable source. (I don't, btw ...) A lot of people buy fakes knowingly. One would think those in this thread should know too ... but it would be interesting to know a couple of the backstories. One would think even if the bags were gifted, it should be obvious what's legit/what's not ...

I guess most of the time they buy fakes knowingly, the times they don't get them unknowingly it would not be obvious in a picture. The fakes would need to be inspected closer for it to be deemed a replica.

Someone like the singer came from a less than humble background and made her money many years later, I think maybe it would be hard for her to drop the tens of thousands so easily.

I do not understand why people who can afford the real thing would ever buy a fake...

Believe it or not, some of them cannot.

Sounds strange, yeah?

But, I do emphasise the word some as the Gagas and Beyonces of the world are doing just fine.

Here's an example: the music industry.

The music industry essentially runs like a bank. The label pays you a ridiculous advance for your record along with relevant marketing materials. Yes, marketing materials also include your clothes. Most of the time, with music artists, the clothes you see them wear are courtesy of their label.

This means the artist is a constant state of deficit where they are essentially paying back a loan with record sales. Remember, in entertainment, the money filters from the top and down. The artist/performer/writer always gets their money last. Just look at some of those Spotify deals where some artists earn well under $0.50 per listen. That's before even going into how much of a track needs to be heard before it is qualified by Spotify as a "listen" to pay the artist.

So, am I shocked that some celebrities can't afford the real thing? No.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->